Messages By: wifeandmom35

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
April 24, 2007, 3:03 pm CDT

Yeah! Health message

Quote From: riyadhnurse

Typical mental health message from the ulra right christian right ! This father and his involvement in his daughters lives, is abnormal and way too controlling,and borders on sexual deviance.His daughter says she loves to be cuddled and held by him and she's 18 ? That's sick ! This family, the 2 daughters and Daddy (where was Mommy ??) have effectively been brainwashed into believing this controlling and behavior is normal,it's far from it !What about male purity ? What ,no male sexual control,OMG ! Why,because they don't need any,they are entitled because they're MEN.Free to abuse any female they come across,because they are weak and evil,and carry the sin of Eve ! Typical disgusting ideals from the nuts who practice this kind of religion.
I would kindly disagree with you.  As a mother of two teenage boys I want the absolute best for their life and I want them to live their lives to the fullest.  My husband and I feel such a huge responsibility to teach and educate our two boys in all areas of their lives.  Just like we educate them on the affects of drug and alcohol and driving to fast and getting a good education we also teach them about the advantages to being sexually pure until marriage.  My oldest son, who by the way still needs the love of his parents,  just swore into the Marines.  He had to take a blood test to check for any STD's and the one thing that became very clear to him was that having a STD was one area he did not have to worry about.  He may not be able to control whether or not he had protein in his urine or high blood pressure (which he didn't) but he could control whether or not he had a STD.  We have not controlled his behavior but encouraged him to make wise decisions all around... that is our job as parents.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
April 24, 2007, 3:23 pm CDT

AMEN!

Quote From: deutwinks

I can't belive people don't believe in the influence of evil.  I won't believe that things just happen randomly.  I won't believe that bad things happen to good people just because.  Evil is as much of an influence as good. 

Satan is real.  Hell is real.  Evil Spirits are real. 

I also can't belive that if I can be indwelt by the Holy Spirit that there would be no such thing as someone being indwelt by an evil spirit.

As a believer in Christ, if all of the evil is not real, then what is the reason for needing a Savior?

We like to put on blinders because it makes us feel good but the truth is this is amongst people is where satan has the most influence and we need to beware.

I agree.  There are many accounts in the Bible of people being possessed. 

Praise be to God.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
April 24, 2007, 3:36 pm CDT

Misinformed

Quote From: kattampa

The reason the girls are supposed to get the vaccine at age 11 is purely medical, not because they think the girls are having sex at 11. That kind of attitude about the vaccine is the same as the attitude of the people that think that just because you teach about sex or birth control the kids are going to be more likely to have sex.  Ignorance is never the better choice! By the way, I am a 6th grade teacher who teaches sex ed.
What you are missing is that the vaccine is to prevent the spread of a STD that is called HPV.  As you should know, HPV is the leading cause in uterus cancer.  The thing that most people do not know is that this vaccine does not prevent all types of HPV therefore still leaving this young  woman open to the possiblity of getting a life threatening disease.  The one thing about abstinence is that it works everytime in preventing STD's and unplanned pregnancy.  It is very possible to remain pure until marriage.  I would think as a teacher, who must love children, that you would jump on the chance to teach and educate these young kids about living a healthy life.  Why would you settle for less?   

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 9, 2008, 12:30 pm CDT

Joining the 50 lb. club

I am Tara and I am joining the 50 lb. club.  I need to loose 66 lbs.  I am so excited to have the support of all of you.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 10, 2008, 5:55 pm CDT

Doing great!

I am so proud of myself.  I have made it 4 days with nothing but good healthy foods. I am staying under 1200 calories a day by eating lots of fruits, veg., dairy and lean protein.  I am exercising and even ran some today. 

One of the things that make me feel so good is that I have not had to take an antiacid all week.  I guess eating right and not over eating really makes a difference. 

I have decided that I am an emotional eater and a boredome eater.  Since I got the news my son was being deployed to Iraq I started eating more and more out of emotion.  I realize that now and will work to fill the fear with positive things like walking, reading, etc. 

How are all of you doing?  Keep up the good work and think thin and healthy.  Remember, nothing taste as good as thin feels. 

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 10, 2008, 6:03 pm CDT

To Jackee1620

I agree!  I need accountability.  I live with all skinny people who do not crave sweets nor are emotional eaters.  They are supportive but have no idea how it feels to be overweight. 

You know I am at the point in my life where I want the outside of my body to reflect the inside. 

Remember, nothing taste as good as thin feels.

Tara

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2008, 8:10 am CDT

I hear you!

Quote From: hope0522

I am a 41 yo stay-at-home mom and I am past ready for a change.  I currently weigh 241.  I want to lose at least 50 lbs.  I have arthritis in one knee and akiles tendonitisin on the same leg.  I need a change.  I was also stunned by my 5 year old saying to me the other night  that he did not want me to come to his class because the kids may say who is that fat lady.  Enough is enough I just get so depressed about it that I continue to eat and fall into self pity with no one to help me or encourage me and continue on the same path everyday.  AGAIN, I NEED HELP!

Thanks for reading!

I too have been in a self pity mode and felt helpless and then it hit me...this is my life...I will deal with all the pain...I am the one that hates the way I look...I put myself in this situation and only I can get myself out of it.  I hate being overweight...hate it.  I want to remain healthy as I get older.  I am 37 and I weigh ......Oh, I don't know if I can say it....Ok, I weigh 226lbs and I am only 5'6".  I cannot believe I told everyone that. 

Please be encouraged and know that we are here to listen and to encourage.

Blessings today,

Tara

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2008, 10:24 am CDT

Cincinnati area

Quote From: mama2mnm

Hi, I've been a member for a long time to Dr.Phil.com but have never posted a message.  I am reading his 7 Keys book and do own the food book too.  I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed and need it broken down in recipes and weekly grocery lists.  I want to lose this weight.  I already have problems walking for any period of time and my back is in constant pain.  I need to find excercises that can work with my current weight until I'm stronger and a bit smaller and can handle being on me feet longer.  Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.  I'm still figuiring out how to use the boards here to find information.   

So, what do you do that has given you the best reward weight loss wise?  Is it a certain recipe? An excercise?  I'd love to hear your successes.   

Happy New Year to you.   

Glasses  

Hi, there I also live in the Cincinnati area...acutally northern Cincy, Loveland.  What about you?  I would love to have a partner I could chat with about this weight loss thing and meet with occassionaly.  I am so geared up and feel like I can do it this time but I know I need support and accountability. 

Blessings for today,

Tara

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2008, 10:29 am CDT

Anyone fron around Loveland, OH

Is anyone around the Loveland, OH area? 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board