Messages By: housewife52

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
frustrated
March 9, 2007, 7:13 am CST

Boobs Boobs Boobs

Quote From: julie1418

You disagree with my concept that open evaluation and criticism of why these types make up such a segment of our culture and media should be not be brought up for attention and dialogue.

....because I think it is very simple. Men like boobs. They like big boobs. They like women who are willing to flaunt their big boobs. Not all men, but enough to make it worthwhile for some women to use this for personal and monetary gain. It is true now, it has been true throughout the ages, and I think it will be true for quite some time. No amount of public discourse on the subject, no matter how high brow or intellectual, will give it any deeper meaning than that.

The other part of the equation is that people, in general, enjoy gossip and voyeurism. We stare at car accidents and we put people up on pedestals for the distinct purpose of ripping them down. It is an ugly side of human nature to be sure....but I don't think it is a great mystery. So, no, I don't think an open evaluation, especially one that includes trying to figure out the specifics of a dead celebrity's sex life, does anything to improve our culture.

I do not share your personal animosity toward Anna Nicole. I think she is a sad, tragic figure. I think the lesson to be learned is that money, looks, and the fake adulation that she sought does NOT buy real happiness.

You know what? No matter what, men are NEVER,NEVER going to stop liking boobs. I think God must have made them that way in the beginning to be sure they "go forth and multiply" . Now everything has gotten so out of hand I don't think it's ever going to change.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
hopeful
March 9, 2007, 7:29 am CST

Don't give up.

Quote From: afraid

you know one can only wonder when we see all the evils men and women inflict on one another, it there any hope for our specie's ?.
There are good people in the world .

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
chillin'
March 9, 2007, 7:47 am CST

I think some people KNOW what they're getting into.

Quote From: afraid

you know Dr Phil its too bad we don't have a chamber we can walk in and see the future outcome of some one before we get married  lol, now that would be something well worth inventing i do think!!! but lawyers wouldn't like it  lol you know divorce cases would not exist hehehehehe,
And they still get married anyway. For whatever reasons. Maya Angelou has a saying "I will tell you who I am." Meaning that by getting to know someone and observing them, you will be able to find out a lot of things about them by their actions. I think sometimes people ignore the obvious and go ahead with marriage anyway. Then they find themselves in a mess.I would say that if there is ANYTHING at all that raises a red flag, then don't get married. The ring and ceremony isn't going to change a thing. And probably things will only get worse.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
surprised
March 9, 2007, 3:07 pm CST

I truly didn't know that.

Quote From: penny_lady

Not true. In some cultures breasts are not viewed as sexual objects but merely as feeding devices for children...(how novel...) I think in this culture we've created them into something they are not.
I didn't realize it could be a cultural thing. They definitely come in handy as feeding devices for children. Love the eye. Where did you get it?

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
chillin'
March 10, 2007, 7:46 am CST

I'm the same way about "hearing" the words in my head.

Quote From: penny_lady

:o)

I am not sure why it's considered yelling, but I've been chatting for over a decade now and that's how it's always been, actually, as funny as it might seem, when I read words in all caps I "hear" yelling in my head. (I'm one of those readers who hears the words in her head as she reads.)

I do have a hard time reading it, probably only because I'm not used to it.

Actually I was totally computer illiterate until just before Christmas last year. I felt like EVERYONE but me knew how to use a computer. So I got hooked up and the rest is history. I feel like capital letters are yelling too. Or,like above ,when I want to emphasize a certain word. Previously, a guest on the show posted after she had been on the show with a question about how to get out of her situation. I posted to her in caps because I felt like I wanted to YELL at her. She was asking how to get out of her situation and I said TAKE YOUR CHILDREN BY THE HAND AND WALK OUT THE DOOR! I felt like I was yelling.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
hopeful
March 10, 2007, 4:30 pm CST

Purty ain't everthang!

DrPhil got where he is by being intelligent and self-confident. They not payin' him because's he's purty.Beauty's only skin-deep anyhow. On down the road when Tom Cruise's looks is failin' DrPhil's still gonna be smart and sure of himself!

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
sad
March 10, 2007, 4:45 pm CST

I hope they got better.

I wonder how these ladies are doing now.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
happy
March 11, 2007, 4:42 am CDT

Hi Cheri!

Quote From: cherijohn_91

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A STATEMENT REGARDING THIS WHOLE SERIES.  THE SIX OF US PUT ALOT OF OUR TIME AND EFFORT INTO THIS SHOW BECAUSE WE WANTED TO MAKE OUR MARRIAGES WORK.  I UNDERSTAND YOU ALL HAVE OPINIONS REGARDING OUR DEMEANOR ON THE SHOW, BUT I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW WE PUT OURSELVES INTO DR PHILS HANDS.  WE TAPED FOR MANY DAYS AND ON TOP OF THAT PUT A LOT OF OUR HOME LIVES INTO TAPING AS WELL.  OUR EFFORTS WERE ALL WELL INTENDED.  I WISH YOU ALL COULD HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING WE ENDURED, AND I AGREE THAT ALOT OF THE SILLY THINGS THAT WERE SHOWN INSTEAD OF SHOWING HOW HARD WE WORKED THROUGHOUT THAT WEEK.  WE ALL HAD OUR ARGUMENTS, BUT REALIZE WE WERE PUT INTO A HOUSE BRINGING IN ALOT OF OUR OWN BAGGAGE AND ADD THAT UP WITH TWO OTHER COUPLES BRINGING IN THEIR PROBLEMS AS WELL.  IT WAS IRRATIBLE AT TIMES, BUT THERE WERE ALSO TIMES IN THE HOUSE THAT WE COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING.    TARA, SCOTT, AMANDA, NIC HOLD ON TO THOSES MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!BY THE WAY SCOTT I FOUND ANOTHER CLOTHES PIN IN MY LUGGAGE. LOL.  THE LAST EPISODE SHOWED ALOT OF MIXED EMOTIONS BETWEEN US ALL, THAT WAS THE REAL PORTAYAL OF OUR WEEK IN THE HOUSE, FIGHTING, LAUGHING, CRYING, HUGGING AND ALOT OFCOMMUNICATING (WITHOUT YELLING), WE ALL WISH YOU COULD HAVE SEEN IT ALL, BUT WE WOULD BE GOING INTO THE SUMMER MONTHS AND I KNOW IF A QUARTER OF WHAT WE LIVED IN THAT HOUSE WAS SHOWN, ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS OF US.   THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT, CHERI
Are are you glad that you and John agreed to go on the show? Ya'll really put it out there for all of us to see. I know it must have taken a lot of courage to do it. I hope your marriage got better.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
hopeful
March 11, 2007, 4:44 am CDT

I think Amanda and Nic will make it.

Quote From: kaysquare

I've watched much of the Man Camp shows, all I could take actually.......it's difficult for me to really believe these couples who are "supposed"  to love each other talk to one another the way they do.  I've been in a wonderful marriage for almost  40 yrs, and NEVER have my husband and I talked to each other with the  venom, contempt, & resentment these three couples showed toward each other.  Yes, I'm lucky, but my husband and I have both very hard at maintain a good marriage & partnership, one based on real love, respect & consideration of each other.  I simply cannot believe that each of the three couples on Man Camp will be able to save their marriages. 

Yes there might be a "honeymoon" period for a while, but  there's been so much contempt I don't know how they'll ever get past it....I imagine the hurt must go too deep for real forgiveness to take place over the long haul.   I'd like to be proven wrong, but I doubt it'll happen. 

Nic seemed different than the other 2 men. I would like to think they all hung in there and got better.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
worried
March 11, 2007, 4:53 am CDT

How's it going now?

Quote From: cajunvixen73

This is in response to gatt1. I too am in a relationship like yours. I found out that my husband likes to meet women on the internet while he is at work. He talks to them on the phone and has met some of them. He tells me that he knows he has a problem but that he believes he can control it. I believe this is a load of BS. He is a wonderful man in everyother way and a very devoted father how ever his impulsiveness is a problem. He was married before and i recently found out that he did this before and the therapist told him he had adult ADD and that is why he is impulsive, but my husband doesn't buy that theory. He tells me that he has stopped but I am still finding numbers of women on his phone he tells me they are work related but I will call the numbers and indeed it is women he meets on teh net and talks to on the phone. He tells them he is single and has been divorced for 2 years this is a major slap in the face however its like he gets a thrill out of just talking to these women doing something he knows he's not suppose to do. I dont trust him past our front door and I too do not know what to do. I love him dearly but enough is enough
I noticed that your post was at the end of Nov. last year. Is this the only way his ADD manifests itself? I would think that if he really cares about you, he would be in ongoing therapy to try and stop what he's doing. It just ain't right.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board