Message Boards

Messages By: snoopy28173

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 17, 2007, 10:20 am CDT

how can someone be so sick?

How can someone be so perverted?  This guy deserves worse than the death sentence.  I say stone him and let the parents and child do it.   

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 14, 2008, 12:32 pm CDT

parents falsely accused

I don't think this mother was falsely accused.  The fact is she left her child in a car alone.  It only takes a second for something horrific  to happen.  Even if she could still see the car there was no excuse.  How long does it take to get your child out of the car and take with you?  How long does it take to "heal" a devestated child or family?

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
worried
December 7, 2008, 7:57 am CST

911 nithmares

I have  seen this happen.  One station  gor a call for a man having a heart attack, but the dispatch sent the wrong station to the wrong address.  When they got straighten out and the right station went to the right addres, it ws already too late.  He was dead at the scence.  That county does not ask you to verify the address(it does now).  Where I live the have you verify the address.  In both counties some street names are the same.  Though it might be annoying to give the address because it's enhanced 911(the addess and number pop up) but that annoyance could save somebody's life.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
December 7, 2008, 8:08 am CST

Cell Phones for 911

Quote From: castle41

I have been a 9-1-1 call-taker/dispatcher in 3 localities between 1986 and 2003.  Enhanced 911 was a wonderful invention (approximately 1985).  It routed each 911 call thru a central data base and made the exact  location of the caller available on the call-taker's screen.  This system is so good, I once saw a "location" from a caller in a rooming house: "Third floor, last room on the left."

Unfortunately the GPS chips in cell phones aren't perfect, and are not likely to ever be.  Far too many people have given up their land lines (wall phones), and are relying entirely on their cell phone service for all calls.  This is a mistake.  If the batteries in your cell phone haven't been charged lately, your call might not get through to the dispatcher.  The GPS chip on your cell phone can, at best, give your location to within 100 yards.  That's not good enough!  Especially if you are in a multiple family dwelling.  When you call 911 from a land line, the dispatcher knows your exact location.  If you are unable to speak, an officer  will be dispatched immediately in most localities. 

Don't call 911 on a cell phone unless you have no choice.  Don't give up your land line.  It might save your life some day or the life of a family member. 
I have called 911 on my cell phones a few times.  Two when I was in a car accident(land lines are not that good) and a couple for some friends.  I have had to use it when I needed help at home.  I have no choic but to use a cell phone.  I do not have a land line and want the medics to come to the right apartment.   My phone a couple of years ago must have had a GPS because I was confused about where I was.  I got the steet names flipped and the dispatcer evidently go  a ping because the medics, fire, and polich all came to ther right side of  the street at a gas station where I had almost wrapped my car around the telaphone pole.  I never drove without a cell phone.  Two times it came in handy.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board