Message Boards

Messages By: drvndrm

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
June 11, 2007, 4:19 pm CDT

Here's A Clue

In my 42 years of life and having went through ups and downs in my own finances, this is what I have decided.  The people you would be glad to help would never accept it and the rest that would accept would drain you dry and curse you when you have nothing more to give.  I have a BIL that I love as I would my own brother, he is hard working,  honest and has never asked us for anything that he didn't return as soon as he had the money.  The last time he borrowed anything was about 15 years ago during time off from a work accident.  The moment he settled he came to us with the cash in his hand.  Now I have another BIL and SIL that have repeatedly taken money, but I almost consider it a bargain because after they borrow, I don't see them for several months or years.  Can you imagine how hurtful this is to my husband?  He is a wonderful loving generous man, but has had to put his foot down when BIL asked us to co-sign for his house.  We finally convinced him  we meant business when we said no!

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
October 28, 2007, 8:03 am CDT

Teachers Have to Earn Respect

I am always amazed how willing people are to place their trust in any authority figure.  I had high school teachers who were abusive to their own children and any student in their classes they knew they could get away with being a bully to, how easy it is for a teacher to target the kids in their classes that parents don't have any financial resources, or are so mired in their own problems they are oblivious to the abuse their kids get at school.  I attended a small rural high school in Oklahoma and had a teacher single me out for no other reason than she was a bully and my only parent was mentally ill and frequently hospitalized for mental illness.  I knew if I said anything, I would have found myself in a foster home.  She verbally threatened me with being corporally punished and then expelled because I had stood up to her for calling me a liar in front of my classmates.  I was so upset my nose started bleeding and I had to be taken to the local clinic where the doctor advised  I not be allowed to return to my class.  I received a full semesters credit for a math class, but spent a good part of that semester in woodworking.  Other teachers who were trying to get me to calm down so I wouldn't lose so much blood had to ask this person to leave the restroom because she followed me in and kept threatening me while I had my face in a sink bleeding profusely.  Don't tell me about how teachers deserve our respect, they have to earn it like everyone else.  I can easily imagine a teacher taking advantage of a student for lust, money, power or any other reason

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
May 4, 2008, 9:03 pm CDT

Mentally ill father

My grandparents always had a place for my dad to stay, they also put him to work on the farm.  When he got tired of the farmwork, he went and held down a job until the mental illness kicked in again and the cycle would repeat.  He had depression, possible borderline personality, and later in life heart and other physical issues.  He took multiple shock treatments and damaged his brain.  He survived for the years between the time my grandparents passed on until my husband and I married and were able to get good jobs, then he managed to become unemployed and became my responsibility.  If I had it to do over I would have pushed him to get back to work instead of babying him as I did.  I did not have all the facts and information about my fathers condition until I became an adult.  I got so tired of hearing the same old hard luck stories over and over and in his final years, I refused to sit and listen.  I cannot say I lost out financially as I did get an inheritance, but I paid dearly for it.  I wish someone could have sat down and explained things to me, my life would have been so much easier!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board