Message Boards

Messages By: adnohr

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
frustrated
September 12, 2007, 8:46 am CDT

Help for Daughter With ADD/Mytabolic Disorder

I have a 10 year old daughter who is over weight.She is on Strattera for ADD symtoms and now her pediatrican is checking for mytabolic disorder and ovarian cysts.Does any one know of any good web sites for more info on any/all of her problems?We are now having to do blood tests every six months to watch for developement of diabetes.She also has a condition called "leather neck"where the skin on her neck appears dirty and callused but I guess this is a precurser to diabetes.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
sad
September 13, 2007, 8:26 am CDT

Pressures of Debt

Debt I beleive is a number one killer of a marriage.The pressure of trying to make enough money just to pay the bills each week,and that is only the bills there are no room for extras going out to dinner or to a movie,just work,pay the bills and try to keep it together.I work from the home in daycare,he is the primary bread winner.But it is all up to me to deal with the collection calls,talk to our creditors and try to finda plan to keep it all together.Then the stress and resentment builds and once a week there is a major blow-up.Sometimes I think is it worth it?But when your too poor to afford a lawyer for divorce you have no choice but stick it out.And that is what I really want to do,I don't want a divorce,I just us to be happy,the debt monster slain,and learn from our mistakes.I"m in my 40's,I donot want to live the rest of my life like this.It is easy to say just go get a job but when you have no skills,the only thing is min.wage jobs and by the time you pay a sitter there is no sense of even working.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
October 4, 2007, 7:34 am CDT

Britney

It is sad that we are more preocupied with Britney's trials and tribulations than more important things going on in our world,and hey I'm just as guilty about reading and watching about Britney than the next person.But  it is so sad with someone with all that money and fame is going down the drain so fast.To think she could choise a differant path reinvent herself once she is clean and launch a new career in childrens clothing or whatever,if she gets it together and gets her kids back.I hope she does get it together for the sake of the kids,and I hope Kevin provides the boys with a safe loving enviroment.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
November 2, 2007, 8:15 am CDT

11/02 Teacher Sex Scandal, Pt. 2

I think the former students are not telling the truth,but I also beleive the teacher had many mistakes getting too close to some of her students.I think in some ways she acted unprofessionaly like with the notes,you just should not do things like that,you are suppose to be a mentor not a peer. With that being said I'am so tired of teachers acting inappropriately with students.At the high school my son attends a teacher was arrested two years ago for inappropriate conduct with a student.He had affairs with three former students,the last one came forward,he is now serving time in prison for that along with unrelated charges,and still maitains his innocence.lol.I also beleive there are many many resopnsible dedicated teachers out there,and I admire them for what they do for our kids.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
November 13, 2007, 8:19 am CST

RE:Patrick and Sondra

My heart goes out to Patrick and Sondra,I know exactuly how  Patrick feels,I found myself in a simular situation a few years ago,and it still hurts.I have decided to take Dr.Phil's advice and move on.I hope Dr.Phil checks back up with them in the future,I  would love to know how things turn out for them,so maybe it could help people like me also.     

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
November 15, 2007, 9:19 am CST

HE IS LYING!!!!

I certainly hope the family is able to keep her home and away from him!It bothered me that every time he "answered"a question from Dr. Phil,he put his head down and could not even look at the monitor.Strange.I sincerly hope all turns out well for this family.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
hopeful
November 29, 2007, 8:25 am CST

11/29 Too Big, Too Young

My daughter is over weight,this show was a eye opening for me,more like a stab at my heart...both her father and I are over weight and I know it is up to me to take control of our situation and do something about it.It will not be easy I realize that but for the sake of my daughters health I have to try,that is my responsibility as her mother.Time to take control os the situation and get moving..thanks Dr.Phil.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
January 22, 2008, 8:16 pm CST

Proud Mom Over 40

I was 6 weeks short of my 40th birthday when I gave birth to my third and final child.He is now 5 with his sibs 16 and 10.He is a joy and I could not imagine how quiet our house would be without this little bundle of energy.Sure,sometimes I feel like I can't keep up with him like I did the other two but that is okay.With age comes a few perks,such as more patience.Plus the older sibs are a great help too.The 10 year old is the mother hen and the 16 year old  is there to help show him how to pass a football or baseball,and we are active parents in our kids lives.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
hopeful
September 17, 2008, 8:18 am CDT

Dealing With Debt

This post is for those who are struggling to pay their mortgages or credit card debt or any other debt for that matter.Times are tough and I fear things are only going to get worse.Now is the the time for all of us to get  it together.That includes my family too!I have a couple of suggestions for dealing with credit card debt.Check out Consumer Credit Couseling of Atlanta,and Crown Financial Ministries.Also for frugal meal ideas and household tips check out Tawra Kellam Living On A Dime website.We all make mistakes.Some of us are one step away from financial disaster.But the real shame is not doing anything about our obligations and continuing to let them pile up and cost more $$$$$.There is hope out there,there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
hopeful
October 31, 2008, 8:16 am CDT

Help with food budget during these hard times

We found another way to help stretch our grocery budget.Check out the website angel food ministries,for $30.00 you can order a box of food,that will feed a family of four for a week.See if they have a host site in your area.My family tried it last month,and it was okay.They even accept food stamps.One of the benfits I could see from it when I do go to the grocery store that week I only have to but my staples like sugar,flour,bread,milk,etc. since I allready have the main dishes planned.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board