Messages By: spgrclassic

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
sad
April 19, 2007, 4:53 pm CDT

I'm 42, lost some weight, body sagging, feel ashamed

Hi, my name is Toni.

I'm 42 yrs. old and I'm ashamed of my body!!  I have trying to lose weight for yrs.  I tried starving myself, starving myself and exercising, on and on!  I have quit drugs and alcohol many yrs. ago, I quit smoking cigarettes about 5 or 6 yrs. ago after smoking for about 25 or more yrs.  I've been married for almost 12 yrs. now and I still love my husband like I did when we married.  I lost weight back then (29-30 yrs. old) with no problem, but now forget it!!

I went to Dr. for help and found out I have a under active thyroid.  I asked for help to lose weight when thyroid medicine did nothing for weight loss.  I was on Meridia for 3 months with no results at all.  $130.00 a month!!!!  Could not afford it, insurance does not pay for you to lose weight, but the doctor's and insurance companies sure can complain about people being obese.  My doctor talked to me about phentermine and I decided to try it.  He see's me every month to check on how I am doing.  So far I have went from 189lbs. to 161lbs. in about 4 months.  I also eat more veggies, (raw and stir fried), fish, shrimp, chicken, ground turkey, salads, etc.  But I also exercise 1-1 1/2 hrs a day, m-f, sat. my husband and I hike with our dog about 5 miles.  So here is the BAD PART, my face is sagging, one side sags lower than the other, it looks like I'm frowning all the time.  My breast is so low now I have to be careful not to step on them when I'm walking, (forget about running, I would kill myself). My stomach muscles on the inside are almost flat, but the fat on my stomach and hips won't seem to go away.....  I'am ashamed to dress or undress in front of my husband, I didn't make love to him for almost a couple of years.  But losing the little weight I have lost makes me try, so he won't go somewhere else!!  He lost almost 50lbs. with no problem.   Here's a question, has anybody heard anything about Dr. Phil helping anyone again like he did on Extreme Makeover?  If so, please let me know, ok?

I need to do something, I don't even want to leave the house, because of my looks.

I'm trying not to stop exercising, because my head tells me what's the use if I'm gonna have all this loose skin sagging on me!!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board