Message Boards

Messages By: wildkardde

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
October 18, 2005, 3:46 pm CDT

virginity, a turn off

I am a 21 year old virgin and definetely believe it is the right thing to wait.  However, out in the world it isn't a popular desicion and most often gets someone, myself included, labeled.  I also think that some people who are older virgins may not have chosen this for themselves.  Even if I had not chosen to wait, there is nothing that has ever happened to me that would have ever brought me to having sex.   Some people, myself included, may just not have a "soul mate" or whatever you want to call the person.  As much as we may like it or not.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
October 21, 2005, 8:09 pm CDT

Patientce isn't going to help.

Quote From: adawife

You are only 21, don't be so worried about finding "the one" right now. God knows when is the right time for you and you will know when that time comes. When it comes to finding your soul mate you have to learn to take a few chances. So what if someone says no to going out with you. It is their loss. The person you end up with may not look the way you had invisioned so don't be afraid to talk to guys (or girls if you are a guy) who may seem a little different from what you are used too. When you do meet the right person don't be afraid to put yourself out there. I was never the type to go up and talk to a guy first but the day I met my husband, I just walked right up to him and started talking. It was one of the best things I have ever done and I wouldn't change it for the world. Yes, I was scared to death and afraid of rejection. But since then he has told me that he had already been watching me and he was trying to work up his nerve to talk to me but he was afraid I wouldn't talk to him. So who knows that cute guy/girl that you have been checking out may be doing the same to you. You don't have to be the prettiest or the skinnest to get the guy but you do have to have confidence in yourself. That goes a long way. Learn to be comfortable in your skin. But during the mean time, don't spend your time looking for that someone special. Spend this time figuring out who you are and what you have to offer, that way when you meant your soul mate (and trust me the perfect person is out there waiting just for you) you will know just what you have to offer and they will be able to see what a lucky person they are to have you. I know it gets hard at times but be patient, your day WILL come!

Well, I am a guy.  I do know who I am and what I have to offer.  This may sound silly coming from a 21 year old, but I can't help that.  The thing I want to say here is that from what I know about myself and what I have to offer, these are qualities that people don't appear to want or be attracted to.  This comes from some experience and a lot of personal observation.  I know what I could do to attract someone/somebody but I find such behavior distasteful.  This may sound like a bunch of negative hogwash, but when nothing has ever happened in the way of relationships it gives nothing to shoot or hope for.  I would need something to go on, but proofs are difficult to come by.  Time is unlikely to change anything either.  Being by oneself is a cruel fate. 

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
chillin'
November 7, 2005, 7:15 pm CST

online dating

Quote From: s_wgauvin

eHarmony and the like have no value and should not even be included in a conversation about love, marriage and relationships. Its embarassing to see women and men devalue  human contact and all that marriage and love has to offer by portraying themselves as leftovers and societies throwaways. I can see it as entertainment....possibly...somewhat like those hideous gossip magazines.  Does one honestly think that there is respect and admiration to be found here? Personally, these sites and matchmaking organizations are the equivalent of a brothel...you best put yourself on the corner and catch the best thing rounding the bend. What are we teaching the generation behind us watching the selling block ..moreover...what would you tell your children attempting to find love like this!? Madness....

Mrs.G
 I also don't believe in online dating.  Why take something that should be a personal and intimate experience and religate it to the online world which is none of these things.

In regards to the "Perfect 10" thing,  that isn't something that has a finite definition.  Any relationship is always growing and evolving.  People change and what people want changes.   However I would say that I could never marry someone who I didn't think was the most beautiful I had ever seen.   I just couldn't do it any other way.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
November 12, 2005, 6:06 pm CST

oh yes

Quote From: thatdog

If you read these boards, you will note that there are tons of people are out looking to find "the right person".  In fact, some of these people sound completely desperate. 

Why would you condemn on-line match making? 

It is simply another way for people to meet each other. 

I think that for many people on-line services are a great way to meet someone with similar interests. 

Think of how many people work 50+ hour work weeks.  Or, the people who only go to bars to meet someone.  The Internet provides an alternative way for people to come together. 

It does not matter how people meet, it only matters what happens after you meet. 

If someone can find the love of their life after meeting on-line, I say CONGRATULATIONS. 

We are no longer living in the 1950's. 

It is time for people to open their minds, and learn that there is more than one way to an end. 

I have no problem with doing most things online, but daiting online just doesn't seem right.   It is to for people to fudge information about themselves online.  Many do it in person anyway.  Being online just makes it easier.  Doing things in person is more personal and allows you to get a better idea of someone.  The internet has lessened the amount and quality of contact we have with others. 
We don't have to leave our homes to meet people anymore.  I would agree that the internet allows us to meet and contact more poeple, but it shouldn't be about quantity it should be about quality.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board