Message Boards

Messages By: horselightning

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
May 16, 2007, 7:07 pm CDT

OH BOY!

I have been reading the board and all I can say is WOW!

I know there is a loy of names in the Dr. Phill house so I go one buy one to save confussion.

Larissa and her sons Sasha , Dmitri and Kyrian=Love all  your names buy the way. Her three sons are very cute. The all seem so intelligent and very  bright. I don't precieve Larissa as the wicked witch of the west. Come on people. The song does raise a few eye brows I must say even though it is a joke. I think she just needs to step back a little give the kids a bit of breathing room and let them develope their craft. You can't grow if you don't have room to stretch. I do generally think the famiy loves ther sons and wants whats best for them. Good luck to Sasha, Dmitri and Kyrian.

Kim and her Daughter Alaina= hmm seems like Alaina was really struggling with the acting. Seemed like she was trying to get it out and it wouldn come out. She is a very cute little girl with a nice voice. I think her mom seemed to forget herself  during the taping. Telling the camera no more being nice. its not a war its an audtion. Don't look at it that way Kim. You daughter wont have fun if she see's you battling a battle. goodness. Good luck to Alaina though.

Kiki and her daughter Gracie =Gracie is very cute little girl too. Bubbly and excited. Seems to have firm grasp on things. I hope her family can leviate her anxieties though. Her video broke my heart as  well. I could see her mother had tears in her eyes. I was nice to see on hear that her family conforted her after the show. She appears very talented and good luck to her. My thinking  with all her support . Is Sometimes the more support you have the more you have to worry about failing in t all those peoples eyes. Like I  said it is great she gets lots of reasurence. Good luck to Gracie.

Susan and her  daughter Meagan= wow mom take a breath stay com its only dr. phil. I think if Meagan and gone in there and winged it on her own we may have seen the acting that didnt really come out under her moms direction. She  wouldnt have been so nervous either. Mom's anxiety is rubbing off on her daughter. She has a gorgeous voice and is very cute. Good luck to Meagan as well.

Veronica and Marie= Wow the mom of all moms on there. many an eye shot flames out when she appeared on the scene. mmmmmmmmmm........mom seems to have had a hard life has had a lot of hurt and  disapointment  in her life.  Develped a chip on her shoulder no ones going to get in my way. good lord she needs to clear up her issues  before draging the baggege  around wuth her from job to job. Maries beautiful and sings nicely and had acting in her. Mom needs to step back and let her develope it with out attack mode. Believe in your daughter enough to loosen control and let her sprout her wings and fly Veronica she can do it just fine without using her body as a center piece for attraction. Good luck to Miss Marie.

You know people there arn't stars or failures. There is just people learning everyday developing there skills and learning along the way. in everything we do from our jobs to our relationships in life. Too all the parents on her no matter what they became in life or what bumps they may incure on the road just love them and  cherrish them.  For your children are the a precious gifts from god and you are very lucky you have them. Their is nothing more dear than the smile of a child in your arms!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
May 17, 2007, 1:16 pm CDT

hugs to you for caring!

Quote From: graciesauntmel

And just what are my true colors if they are shining through so LOUD and CLEAR?

Why isn't it ok for us to post as many times as we like, most of us are viewers as well as family and certainly other viewers have posted more than ONE or TWO comments MAX.

Are you saying that we are wrong to try to defend incorrect statements, predictions, and generalization about the people (and KIDS) that we love?

If my brother and Kiki had gone on Dr. Phil to get help with some problem and a bunch of people made negative statements about their appearance on the show, I would not log on once to defend, justify or act like a smart alec.

I will never "HUSH UP" as it relates to my family when I have an opinion or something to say. If you don't like what we have to say, why don't you log off the message boards?

Actually I wish more of their families would post on here. It helps give insight into the world of some of the moms and children that were on the show. Nothing wrong with being supportive of your family either. hugs to you for caring.-H

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
May 17, 2007, 5:11 pm CDT

It's called honesty.

Quote From: kohathi

"Bad manners" doesn't come close to describing that behaviour. This isn't the first time this year. Has someone told DrPhil that he needs to do something outrageous to boost ratings?

Veronica came on there with a chip on her shoulder. You could see it in the video she sent in. She was rude to him the whole time she was there. Making accusations about the show greatly offended him and he was honest. He got loud to get her atention. Dr. Phil got loud to tell her he ment business and he wasnt going to ignored. He was right what he  said.  You go  Dr. Phill! Does he read these boards? anyone know?

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
May 17, 2007, 8:38 pm CDT

Your welcome!

I really appreciate your kind words. Family is one of the most important thing to me. Thanks for the hugs too, can never get enough hugs in life ;)

Thanks again for being supportive!

I got lots of hugs to share.  I was suprised people had such issues with the familes of those children  supporting them on here.  I wouldn't let them scare you off. Cause you know the unkind ones on message  boards are mostly all mouth and no teeth. Laugh Out Loud!

Pulls self off floor sends more hugs your way! lots of luck to all the families.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
May 17, 2007, 9:06 pm CDT

Man!

Quote From: kohathi

It's rude and provocative. Remember who gets to edit what we see. That behaviour completely overshadows the error in anything a guest says or how she says it. Getting loud just means one is out of ideas and logical argument.

Actually Dr. Phil deals with logical reasoning and  expert advice he dosent need to argue. He was just making a point and  trying to be heard to a person who was rude and blatently ignoring him. Its a waste of time  when they were there to seek his advice in the first place.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
May 17, 2007, 9:18 pm CDT

Hi There!

It's easy not be scared away when you're doing something from love ;) Not usually scared easily anyway :)

Hugs back to you :D

I'm excited about seing the last part of the show.  Hope all the peoples had fun doing it.  Last time I performed was in a childrens play. Don't know what prmoted me to audtion. But I did. Landed the main role. Sadly two weeks before the play hit the stage I got so sick I couldnt get out of bed for a month. Had to resign from the role so they could get some one else. boy was I ever upset all that rehersal and all. Haven't audtioned for anything sence. Been a bit busy and bit scared. I would be week in the knees performing infront of  Dr. Phils audienece. Those children are very brave.

Hugs-H

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
May 17, 2007, 10:55 pm CDT

05/15 The Dr. Phil House: "Make My Kid a Star," Part 2

I could never do what those kids did. I would be a nervous wreck! I would be a bit scared as well.

Recently read a book, "Feel the fear and do it anyway." Good book, check it out. I so often find myself not saying or doing something that I just know I should out of fear (especially in my job). So I read the book for some insight.

Sorry you got sick and missed your play. All that hardwork down the drain, disappointing I'm sure! Only play I've ever been was in 6th Grade, I was in a "party" scene in my school's production of "Sound of Music", we all acted drunk and got in trouble *smiles* That was the end of my acting career :p

The last show should be great. We are all looking forward to it as well! Gracie literally had a blast doing the show and has been soooo excited for it all to air. We all talk to each other on the phone after the shows that we are making the cell phone companies RICH!

I too am so impressed with all the kids on the show, we could all learn a lesson of two from these kids for sure!

Mel

Well my real dream is being a writer. But competition is so stiff out there. I also do art and one of my oil paintings is in a studio in new york. Go figure Micky Dolenz drummer wanted a copy of one of my works.  Who ever would have thought. Course sence it was a piece called drum it would make sence huh! Laugh.

I kind of get lost at were to turn in my life to further  any of this. Sometimes get rather lost.

It;'s nice to see loving support  for those kids though.  The sure have strength and bravery man oh man! I would be shaking in my boots. Speaking of child stars i;m rather intrested in that up comming show on Maureen Micormick. Remember the Brady Bunch anyone?

I'll check out your book. Thanks for the refurral.

H-

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
May 18, 2007, 12:36 am CDT

Funny!

Quote From: missnatalie

i totally agree.. i commented before on how the whole board is filled with her relatives.  I had to go through pages and pages to get to comments from the actual viewers... obviously their opinion is bias so its pointless to read them...its not fair for them to refute everything we are saying, and for them to actually say for us to keep our comments to ourselves?? that is laughable, what do u think these boards are for

Funny I didnt see any rule saying only sertain types of people or viewers could post on here. Mater of fact at the end of a lot of Dr. Phill's shows dosen't he  say something to the efffect of lets all take the  discussion to the boards or something of that nature? If he posted on here would you tell him to leave cause he isnt a viewer? Honestly!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
May 18, 2007, 11:46 am CDT

my point!

Quote From: momisme2

Of course there are no rules.    Its called common sense.  

At the end of every show the doc speaks to the VIEWERS and tells them to log on and give their opinions.  I would bet dollars to donuts that he would actually advise AGAINST his guests doing the same. 

All of the docs guest were already given the opportunity to state their case by having an hour in front of a viewing audience of millions.  THESE particular guests were given THREE different opportunities.  THREE DAYS which = THREE HOURS of being in front of millions upon millions. 

They should be grateful not uppity.

They should show humility not defense.

Funny thing about all the guests which have posted, I havent read word one from the mom who bothered me the most on the show.  The "EUC" mom. (of course I could have easily missed it trying to sort through all the other guests messages) Perhaps I was wrong in my opinion of her.  At least it seems she has enough common sense to remain still over all the different viewers opinions. 

Thats what it boils down to,  imo.  Common sense. 

my point being is if Dr. Phil or his sraff dont want guests or sertain people on here they will take are of it themselves. Its not for us to say. we dont own the boards. I  prefure there families contribute notso much the kids. But the families cause it gets us an insight into the ther world a little bit more.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
May 18, 2007, 5:39 pm CDT

hmmmm....

Quote From: larissaf

I was watching the shows at the same time as you were, and here are my observations:
Dr' Phil has a very direct and forcefull way of dealing with issues. He does not shy away from raising his voice or his hand, and he is brutally honest.
How then is it so wrong to be very honest and direct with our kids, when they are not seeing the way that would help them? There are times , I feel, when you have to be harsh - as Dr. Phil demonstrated with us - to help a person see the light of day. His methods were not warm and supportive - they were more "Bang On The Head". Whack! Wake up and smell the cofee!
If we keep saying only nice things to our kids and keep patting them on the back for anything they do - as he seems to recommend in this show, how is it going to help them in later life, when they join the work force - and how will they become responsible adults?
Dr. Phil has bosses, too, who probably expect certain things on his show, and that would influence his behavior. His show, by it's nature, cannot tolerate certain behavior from people or raise certain issues, although the behavior would be justified under the circumstances and the issues do get covered on cable.
As far as seeking his advice, I wrote a letter to him and so had the other mothers, but nothing was covered on the show. I did not get any advice on the issues I actually asked about. It turned out not to be a relevant topic to discuss with him, although it had to do with my kids, and their acting aspirations. But, of course, there is still Monday - we'll see. Based on the " Lead by example" mantra, should I - in my next argument with my kids - say to them "Here is the door. You are in my house. Hit it!" ?
I don't think he ment not to be honest or down to the point with your kids. Some how their should be a  balance between love and incouragement and honest and constructive critisizum with out going over  the line to abuse. Exspecially in this day an age I think its harder than ever to raise children. Heck one of the hardest jobs out there is too be a parent. Dr. Phil does seem to dish out his  share of wake up calls and can be brutally honest. I'm looking forward to mondays show. See what happens next.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board