Message Boards

Messages By: benjaminsmom

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 30, 2007, 7:47 am CDT

What a Tremendous Show Today!

I am a 49 year old wife and mother. I am an only child as well as my husband also. We have a 13 year old and have been married 31 years. I am a very sensitive and caring person. I enjoy doing for others. It gives me a lot of gratification and pleasure. I cared for my mom in a nursing home for 6 years. Going  almost every day, and sometimes more that once. She was a very controlling person, but she loved me unconditionally. I see now that she has passed away. 3 yrs ago that I loved her the same. I probably changed more of her diapers  than I did my own baby. But I tried to make sure she was taken care of like I wanted. I have no regrets for what I did for her. It took a lot of my time away from my husband and child and I hate that but I felt at the time I had no other choice. I really enjoyed todays show. What a blessing it was with all of the people that were guest on the show. My best friend has M.S. and has been in very bad condition for several years. There is not anything I would't do for her. We have been through a lot together and it has made us both stronger and closer. If we would get our minds off of ourselves and be there physically and emotionally for each other, how much better we all can be. Thanks DR. PHIL for everything you do for others  in every way that you do.
With Much Respect and Gratitude
Sally

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 30, 2007, 7:56 am CDT

05/30 Ask the Authors

Quote From: debhgn

I read One More Day and it made a major impact on my life.  I have now taken the time to look, I mean really look at my mom, understand her choices in life and accept them.  She's in her 70's and since reading this book I now make sure I call her each and every day, and our conversations are so much more meaningful!  Thank you!!

A note for those who haven't read this book, the last three lines put a whole other spin on the book.  It was great to go back and read it again with a new light.
What a blessing this show was today. My mom died 3 years ago. She was in a nursing home from a stroke. I went almost everyday, and I look back now and am so glad that I did. It was very hard because she was a very controlling person but loved me unconditionally all my life. I miss her and this brought back a lot of memories. My family are now dealing with my father in law that has just gone into a nursing home. It is very hard for my husband to go and to be able to relate with his dad. I just try to encourage him and be there for them both. We are leaving shortly to go for a cat scan on his dad. They are looking for lung cancer. It will be a tough day but I know that with God's help He will see us through. I am going to buy " One more day" TODAY for us to read. Try to live each day to the fullest.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board