Messages By: april_75

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
October 20, 2007, 11:10 pm CDT

"With God all things are possible"

Quote From: zardys

Hello, my name is Sandra Bozard and I am 57 years old. 

I feel that my whole life is a regret.  I have a family that hates me with passion.  My father died early in my life and it just got worse.  My brother and sister was much older me.........I was a mistake.  My mother often told me that it was thought when she had surgery it was an appendicitis......but she was pregnant with me.

Even to this day after my sister, mother and father are gone.............my nephews and nieces hate me.  I live with this everyday and it hurts so much.  I have a wonderful husband of 32 years and he has helped me through so many horrible things.  I am blessed to have him.  All I wanted was to my family to be happy and to get a long.

Pain that was created in childhood becomes a part of us.  It is Only through love that you can over come it, love of yourself, love of others, and especially love of God.  I don't know if you believe that God is real but if you do, act like it.  Accept His love, love him, love others and forgive.  Even the Bible states that "with God all things are possible".  He has already blessed you with a loving husband.  Let him bless you by filling you with His love and helping you to love yourself.  Loving yourself is sometimes the hardest thing to do even if you are a wonderful person.  If God can help wonderful me do it, he can help wonderful you too.  I couldn't have done it without Him.  Forgive those that hurt you.  Holding on to those feelings only hurts you. Besides, God forgives us according to how we forgive others.

God Bless you and your family, Teresa

p.s. I love you because you are a child of God.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
February 17, 2008, 11:58 am CST

Doctor Phil Goofed

Yes, I said it.  Doctor Phil goofed.  Yes, Dan is misquided.  His work ethic isn't what it should be.  He seems to be waiting on God to provide him with an opportunity that suits his desire instead of fulfilling God's desire. 

Dr. Phil goofed by not letting the preacher talk more to Dan.  That preacher has had a lot of experience with just this topic and he was talking from the Biblical outlook that Dan can relate to.  Instead, Dr. Phil interrupted the preacher while he was trying to explain why Dan should be PROVIDING, not just working, for his family

Dan felt justified in that he is looking for work now.  Dr. Phil should have allowed him to tell his side so that he would feel he'd been heard.  Then emphasised that Dan needs to be very active in seeking work and accepting any honest work that will provide for his family.

I would also like to say that these parents seem to be doing a lot right.  They seem to have good relationships with the kids.  But the show didn't show much about the kids and the things they learn from their parents.

The Grandparents should get reacquainted with the family.  Be part of their lives and share their love with them.  It's hard when your kids don't understand how "right" you are.  Mine don't always see how "right" I am either.  Then you see them making "mistakes" and "suffering" because of them.  It's their life, just bite your tongue and love them.

It's good that they weren't given money.  Dan would have seen that as God's way of providing instead of him needing a job.  He's not a bad man.  He'll see the light soon.

Let's pray for everyone involved.  It wouldn't hurt any of us to improve our listening skills when it comes to our relationship with God.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
worried
February 17, 2008, 12:32 pm CST

How much intervention is good

Quote From: kywriter

I understand the parents' desire to do God's will.  That's wonderful.  I do think child protective services needs to do a home visit.   Since the family has no income, how are the children getting food ?  Since the family has no income, how are they diapering the babies and washing the clothes and keeping the children clean ?  How are the children getting medical care and dental/eye exams ?   If a person has no income for food, how can they provide cat food for those cats in the house ?  Vet bills for proper animal care ?   I can see that they love their children, but I think the children need to be placed together with a loving relative, like Grandma, until Mom and Dad get a roof over their heads and money for basic human needs, such as food and shelter.  With no income, they can't even afford soap, and the children should be allowed to be clean and fed.   The situation certainly needs attention from their local child protective services.  I pray that the situation is closely monitored for the safety and health of the children.  Their loving parents can come and visit them everyday, after WORK.    My sympathies to the grandparents as they watch their grandchildren go without food, clean beds, baths, soap, fresh water.

I agree that human services/child protective services should investigate the conditions in the home.  How safe if that collected water, just how cold is it getting in the house.  But most importantly, are the children being abused, or are they truly loved. 

I'd hate to see children taken away from loving parents.  I'd like to see some form of loan for them to make necessary changes.  However, Dan needs a job to be sure he can repay the loan and the rest of his bills.  Surely, he can find something that provides for his family even if it's not his preferred type of job..

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board