Messages By: DrPhilBoard1

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 2:38 pm CDT

Janet

Hello out there in cyber world...

Looks like it's time to create new boards.....

I am looking for Circle of Friends amongst other boards

Thanks,

Photoglady, Janet

The Circle of Friends board can be found under "Weight Loss Challenge Discussions" on the main message boards page.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 2:43 pm CDT

Need help?

For questions pertaining to our new system, just click the Need Help? link above, you'll find a link to our Help message board there. It's easier if we have all questions in one central location so all can benefit. :)

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 4:39 pm CDT

Joy

Phil boards let me know if this is against the rules, if it is i am sorry....JOY

As long as there are no live links (links you can click on) it's fine!

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 4:41 pm CDT

Also....

When you sign out just add that page to your favorites in your browser...it will bring you back where you left..same page....Connie
If you click "subscribe to this topic", all of your subscribed boards will appear in "My Profile" AND at the top of the main message boards page (along with your last 3 messages posted).

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 8:42 pm CDT

Wendy

This may take awhile to figure out!? I guess we only have 2 colors we can use now huh? And we can't make the letters super huge anymore huh??

?

Does it post every new message at the top of the page now?? Oh, heavens, I'm going to need some serious help on this one.? Niki, did you find out if we can use the cool smilies?

?

Hugs,

Wendy

You can increase the font size in "My Profile", just click the edit profile link on your profile page and scroll to the bottom to change it. You can also change the way messages appear, either oldest to newest (like the old boards) or newest to oldest. You'll find that setting in My Profile as well.

I've seen others using the smilies but you'll have to ask them how to do it because I'm clueless on that!

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 5:07 am CDT

sneeeezer

Well, I am back and confused. I posted on the other board and tried to make the print bold and colored and size 2, but it did not seem to work. Also my user ID is showing with a frame of dashes around it.....why is that. Nobody elses is, so what do you all know that I don't know....LOL. Hi DONNA, I posted on the other board and forgot to say hi to you there. Just want you to know I was not being rude, but once I got into where I was posting the message, I could not get back out to check on who all had posted. Then after I posted, I could not see anyway to go back and edit my message like we used to.

Well, I just now see how to add color and to make it bold. But the only two choices we have is black or red. Can't see anyway to increase the size of the print though. May have to revert to using capital letters again.

Well ladies, I just wanted to stop in and say HI before I hit the hay. Will check in again tomorrow. Love ya all. Marion/BC

You can increase your font viewing size by going to "My Profile" and select "Edit Profile", you'll see at the bottom the option to increase font size, change viewing order of messages (oldest to newest or newest to oldest) and select how many messages to display per page. If you're on a dialup connection, you may want to keep it set at 5 so the pages don't take as long to load.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 5:23 am CDT

Some Tips

Check out My Profile and click on Edit Profile. You can:

1. Increase your default font size
  2. Select how you want to view messages (oldest to newest, newest to oldest)
  3. How many messages you'd like to appear per page
  4. Whether or not to have your email displayed

Also in My Profile you'll see a list of all your subscribed boards and the last 3 messages you posted. You can also see this at the top of the main boards page when you're logged i,

You can find more tips and help by clicking the Need Help? link above.

We are still experiencing some technical problems and are working on getting them resolved (adding profile pics, image editor problems, weird large fonts appearing) and we appreciate your patience while we get these issues resolved.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 6:16 am CDT

About Post Count

We will no longer be archiving boards since we have a new feature that marks all of your messages read once you log off.

If you were used to remembering a post number so you knew where to start reading, now you can do this a different way.

First, subscribe to your favorite board(s) by clicking the Sunscribe to this Topic link at the top of the board.

Your subscribed boards will then be saved in My Profile AND you can also find them easily by going to the main message boards page (Members tab and select Message Boards), they'll be listed for you at the top after you're logged in.

After you log off, the boards system will keep track of any new messages since you logged off. When you log back in, the number of new messages will appear with your subscriptions in My Profile or at the top of the main boards page. Click on that number and only the new messages will appear. You can then go back to all messages by clicking the Show All Messages link at the top of the board.

This also works if you are not subbed to a board by clickiing the Show New Messages link at the top of the board.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 6:34 am CDT

Friends not receiving our email letter

Please pass this info along to anyone that has not received their email letter to rejoin the boards:

1. go to login

2. try to login with username and old password

3. you get this page:
[0] We recently sent you an e-mail asking you to reset your password, and agree to the new privacy policy and terms of use for DrPhil.com. If you haven't already done that, please take a moment to do so now. You'll not only keep your benefits as a DrPhil.com member, but also have access to our new and improved features. Enter the e-mail address that you use for your current DrPhil.com membership, and we will re-send you the instructions. If you don't see it in your inbox, please look in your "bulk" folder as well. (Note: If you no longer have access to that e-mail, please click here to re-register as a new user.) Enter your e-mail address here: 

4. enter your email address and a reset email will be sent to you

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 7:18 am CDT

to: Ksgrandma

I'll send this as a regular message, hope you see it. We're having some issues quoting messages with red text but are working on a fix.

I have a few questions:

About spell check:  When I click on that icon I get a blank box.  A totally blank box.  How does that help? Can't type in the box, doesn't show anything I've written -- it just sits there and stares back at me.  Wait a little bit, spell check sometimes takes a while to load the very first time, once you get it loaded it should come up right away on future checks.

And, the preview just shows what I've written with no chance to actually change anything in the box.  I can highlight -- but not delete what I've highlighted, and when I hit edit again I go back to the original and nothing is highlighted. Preview allows you to see what your post will look like once it's posted, edit allows you to go back and change anything you don't like.

Why in the message box is my printing so small.  It shows up larger on the posting but is so tiny when I am typing that I can hardly see it.  The system only changes the font on the actual messages, not the posting box but I'll pass that along to our tech team.

When I arrive at the Dr. Phil Site why do I have to put in my password each time? Yes, this is for security purposes.

I'm sure there will be additional precise questions as I go along but these are the first ones that jump out at me.  Thanks for any help.  Ks. Grandma Feel free to ask anything!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board