Message Boards

Messages By: littleoldme

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 25, 2007, 1:36 pm CST

17 year old's spring break

When my then 16 year old daughter in the 1970's wanted to go to see Pink Floyd in concert, I said no.  I heard all about the awful bands and what they did like eating heads off snakes and they dressed like demons.  I was concerned for her.  However, to this day she reminds me that I kept her from having a dream of a lifetime.  Her boyfriend was supposed to take her in a limo and everything.  I think she hated me for it in her young years and understands now that she has a son.  However, she said Pink Floyd was not like all the other bands.  They didn't do weird things and just played and sang good music (music to her ears).  Maybe I was wrong in not investigating more thoroughly, but I felt it was better to be safe and not even be in a crowd situation as that alone can be dangerous.  I sort of know how she feels except I never had the opportunity to go hear Elvis or now in my old age Alan Jackson.  I'm sure it was harder for her having the opportunity dashed.   Jean Gorney

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 15, 2008, 5:29 pm CST

Internet Mistakes

Dr. Phil, I cannot understand why some women think to be equal to a man, you must act like one.  That is ridiculous.  Men are men and women are women.  Neither is better than the other; they are just different. What ever happened to ladies?  Most women that are called  ladies are nothing of the sort.  Many men used to be gentlemen and they are harder to find too. I believe you are treated on how you act and if you act like trash, you will be treated by trash.  Any company who wants to survive has to be picky about their employees.  So many people don't command respect but seem not to care if they are revered or honored or thought to be a nice person anymore.  Part of it is because of the media.  Yes, we need to be informed of some things. However, the media glorifies the bad stuff and gives people attention who should be shunned. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
March 13, 2008, 6:12 pm CDT

Fly Girls

Dr. Phil, I'm all for the airlines banning people that are not dressed appropriately for flying.  I am sick of looking at peoples exposed private parts.  People will treat you by how you are dressed as well as other things.  Don't dress like a call girl and then yell if someone takes you for how you are dressed.  Slacks or jeans are more appropriate for flying as you may have to jump down a shoot in an emergency.  People are stuck in close quarters for a period of time and you know they will be whispering or thinking nasty things about you if you are dressed inappropriately.  I guess that thrills some people, me it disgusts.

As for cursing, I always told my children that if you curse, it is because you aren't smart enough to think of something better to say.  To take God's name in vane is a mortal sin. You will get what you deserve.

A lot of people just don't care about being respected anymore. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board