Message Boards

Messages By: jonsam

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
sad
January 28, 2008, 8:33 pm CST

way too much junk for one person!!!!

I have been married just a year my mother-in-law got her own place a year and a half ago she moved into an apartment.  Her apartment is to this day wall to wal boxes piled to the ceiling, if that's not bad enough she has our basement filled with tubs and boxes, and a shed in our back yard filled with stuff and about a fourth of the garage!  And she keeps shopping and with credit cards she can't afford, and she just buys junk, nothing even remotely useful.  I don't know what to do my husband doesn't want to get  rid of anything or force her to because she had to do that once twenty some years ago when his dad left.  The way I see it is if you haven't  used in a year you don't need it, seeing as none of it has sentimental value.  I feel like I'm goin' nuts cause I'm a neat freak and I just can't stand the mess!!!           

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
January 28, 2008, 8:49 pm CST

Getting Along With Your In-Laws

Quote From: pixiemom15

i AM SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED TO YOU. iT SOUNDS LIKE THIS WAS A JUMPING OFF POINT FOR SOME PRIOR HURT FEELINGS OR UNRESOLVED ISSUES.i KNOW IT WAS THE PRINCIPAL OF THE THING BUT WOULD IT HAVE BEEN SO BAD TO SEND THE GIRLS A $10TOKEN GIFT .I KNOW HINDSIGHT IS 20/20 AND I ALSO WISH I COULD HAVE A DO OVER .WAIT FOR A COOLING OFF PERIOD
SEND A VERY SWEET LETTER ACCEPT RESPONIBILITY FOR THE MISCOMMUNICATION AND IF ALL POSSIBLE PLAN A TRIP TO VISIT IN THE NEXT 6 OR 8 WEEKS BEARING GIFTS FOR THE GIRLS OF COURSE.I AM BOTH MIL AND DIL BUT I HAVE A GREAT MIL.BUT  I DO STRUGGLE WITH THE SON IN LAW RELATIONSHIP SINCE MY DAUGHTER HAD HER BABY.FROM NOW ON BUY WHAT YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS AND CALL YOUR G'CHILDREN MORE OFTEN WHEN WE HAVE DISAGREEMENTS MY HUSBAND ALWAYS TELLS ME GET OVER IT LIKE IT IS A FAUCET,THE HURT WILL TAKE A WHILE TO HEAL ON BOTH SIDES YOU JUST DON'T TURN IT OFF OR ON

I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what they should get me my husband or my kids.I think that is soooo rude I don't know what to do as far as the relationship but  once it is mended I'd surprise them when I bought them gifts I would ask or tell them anything about what they are getting.  They are lucky to have parents who can afford to spend that kind of money on them.  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board