Messages By: dove54

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
October 29, 2007, 5:31 pm CDT

11/02 Teacher Sex Scandal, Pt. 2

Quote From: drvndrm

I am always amazed how willing people are to place their trust in any authority figure.  I had high school teachers who were abusive to their own children and any student in their classes they knew they could get away with being a bully to, how easy it is for a teacher to target the kids in their classes that parents don't have any financial resources, or are so mired in their own problems they are oblivious to the abuse their kids get at school.  I attended a small rural high school in Oklahoma and had a teacher single me out for no other reason than she was a bully and my only parent was mentally ill and frequently hospitalized for mental illness.  I knew if I said anything, I would have found myself in a foster home.  She verbally threatened me with being corporally punished and then expelled because I had stood up to her for calling me a liar in front of my classmates.  I was so upset my nose started bleeding and I had to be taken to the local clinic where the doctor advised  I not be allowed to return to my class.  I received a full semesters credit for a math class, but spent a good part of that semester in woodworking.  Other teachers who were trying to get me to calm down so I wouldn't lose so much blood had to ask this person to leave the restroom because she followed me in and kept threatening me while I had my face in a sink bleeding profusely.  Don't tell me about how teachers deserve our respect, they have to earn it like everyone else.  I can easily imagine a teacher taking advantage of a student for lust, money, power or any other reason

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
November 17, 2007, 12:35 pm CST

I can relate to the in law's meddling

Saboteurs, gee from a mother to a mother in law and of course the dysfunctional family dynamics that feed into all of the behavior. Are these persons ever cognitive of what they do? I have been kind to all my in laws and remain gracious; needless to say they intrude in a sanctity of our marriage when they behave as such; it is obvious that they don't have lives of their own. My brother in laws at the control of their mother, only call my husband on his cell phone. My mother in law is controlling, meddling and will sabotage any type of kindness displayed towards her to make you look like a bad person? She lies, projects her behavior on her daughter in laws and then calls her sons to twist the behavior. She has gone as far as sending us separate valentine's day cards to have my husband her son state that she had never in his life time sent him a valentine's day card and felt that she did it because she was a widow and alone. She smiles in your face, constantly asks nosey questions and when I tell her, her son is a good husband and father,  becomes unglued and starts to attack me to cause an argument. The jealousy and envy consumes her into this rage and anger of attacks on me.  She is very antagonistic. Her sons set no boundaries and recently visited us and when my back was turned made up lies about me to our friends which totally humiliated my husband. Our friends complained about her comments and behavior to my hubby. 

She seeks allies within the family, calls only on her son's cell phones, so her daughter in laws don't know she is conspiring against all of them to be exact. The question is who is really the problem? Her son's for not confronting the bully behavior she displays or her or all? We had not seen her in three years and invited her in good faith and she could not stand to see us happy. Worked and worked at attempting to play us against each other? Also to our friends in the area we live in. She lives 12 hours from us and drove all the way up to our place to intentionally deceive us with good intentions and it took us three weeks after she left to find out what she said to our friends about me. She does not even know me, she pushes everyone away. What would you do? She loves to stir the pot, uses her son's anyone she can to create division? Why? Then blames us for her sons not calling her? Wow aren't they big boys and have eyes to see with themselves what she does? Hello...Amazing and unbelievable. 18 years of marriage, we have our own careers in law enforcement. It drives her nuts and she demeans me for my achievments feels her son should be above me all the time and literally interferes. I am done and through with this lady, she needs to get a life!!

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
June 2, 2008, 9:00 pm CDT

Has anybody asked the 13 year old?

Quote From: bluerabbit

This is insane. Rita had her chance to raise a child and she has certainly not established a loving bond! I can't believe that nobody is protecting this poor young mother. I am closer to Rita's age, and I know that older people possess greater financial resources and saavy to navigate the court system. Why is the court even involved in this case? The boy is over 12 and he does not want to see Rita. That woman should get a life! There are so many other wonderful things to do. If she cannot be supportive of her adult daughter, she should leave her alone! Shame on the court system! Shame on you, Dr. Phil for not standing up for the parents.

Jesus, you haved all these adults fighting over the control of a 13 year olds feelings..I concur with you on this one..It happened to my husband..His ex-wife is bi-polar. She is mentally ill. Brain washed my husband's son against him. My husband's parents were never involved in their grandson's life for the ten years my husband was married to his ex-wife. We get invovled, his mother is receiving alimony, child support and refuses to allow his father to see him, first its a religion, we're Catholic. They're Jehova Witness. We are both in law enforcement. Her excuse was that if we carried guns it was against their religion. Then his father couldn't see him because he had ear problems; however my inlaws never attempted to want a relationship with their grandson until I married their son. Second marriage now.

My husband's son refers to my mother in law by her first name. He was seventeen years of age and shared with me that his mother and my mother in law would get into arguments.  That was the last time we saw him. We tried to get custody of him. The courts as in family court service validated that he was brain washed by his mother.

Yet the courts claim they know whats better for the child. She as in the ex-wife is a control freak. When his son at one time wanted to move in with us? The manipulation and interference from my in laws was horrendous. My husband advised, and demanded that his mother and immediate family not interfere with him and his son.  Hes the father, how many people interfered here so far? My father in law and mother in law insisted at one time they had grandparents rights? I said why now? You both never cared to be grandparents when the two of them were married for then years. They had nothing to do with them. My husband ended up telling his son due to his mother interfering with the court decison for him and his son to get counseling, guess what? She made an appointment with the counselor and used my name to get it and address and phone number. It was a no win situation. ITs been years since he has seen his son. He was nine when this started, he is now 22 years of age. This is sad. How many persons meddled here. Grandparents raise their kids, let their kids raise theirs. I am a proud grandmother myself. 

It should be the decision of the child...Kids are used all the time for personal agendas, its abuse and mental anguish.

Bottom line, nobody has asked the child what he or she wants? At 13 you would think he or she would know? My step-son did not care to see his grandparents, only us at one time? I became a threat to his mother and my mother in law. He grew fond of me.  Guess who meddled and contributed to the division.. WE found out it was my mother in law? The courts don't live with these persons, did Dr. Phil ask the child what they wanted? That poor kid is in the middle of a bunch of screwed up, without a clue, competitive battle with egos. What about the 13 year old?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board