Message Boards

Messages By: jammaw45

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
November 2, 2007, 2:14 pm CDT

I believe Matt

He brought out a valid point. Her husband was a molestor...he married his molestee. I think the husband is just protecting her to protect himself.

Why did she refuse the polygraph? Shows deception by refusal. Dr. Phil I've watched you with men accused of the same thing as she is accused of. You went after them tooth and nail...you  soft pedalled on her.

Why not dig deeper into the relationship between her and her husband. You might find the reason she why she has offended herself....also her childhood.

Sincerely,

Melody

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
November 2, 2007, 3:08 pm CDT

11/02 Teacher Sex Scandal, Pt. 2

Quote From: peaches30

I saw both parts of the teacher scandal show, and i dont believe that the boys story's add up at all.  Dr. Phil asked about the demeaner of the teacher and how she could remain calm.  Society would look down on her either way because if she got defensive , we would say she has something to hide.  I believe her life has been through the ringer in  a sense. I know how the courts work, and well im sure she doesnt want all of america to know her personal life and she may be trying to salvage whatever dignity she has left.  I believe that people are too quick to pass judgement on this teacher. I agree some teachers and people have authority have abused their power and have had inappropriate relations with their students. However i believe the teacher, and i dont believe she is one of them.  I listened to both sides and hope that the truth really does come out.  I believe that the school board actly very poorly.  They should have made their concerns known to her.  No one sees the long term effects on her and her family's life.  All for a good story for televison.  The young men got exposure and both failed the lie detector tests.  And the fact the one boy didnt even want to come on to the show, is suspicious as well.  If he were telling the truth how come he couldnt face her?  Both parties know in their hearts, and let God be the ultimate judge.

Come on every one you need to get real. Why is it there are 3 and I mean 3 separate accusers and one is from 6 years ago! They have no relationship between the 2 younger boys and the older one.

The one who dropped it all, probably sees what the other one has gone through and is afraid.

When I was a child my father molested me and my sister. I told and went through hell!!! How much more embarrassing for a boy who is supposed to be macho!!!!!! Especially with all the music videos that have been aired on the subject.

You think they just wanted exposure???? I don't! I think that this teacher got away with this legally just like OJ Simpson did with murder. But it is the public who has to do the punishing because of a messed up justice system.

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
November 2, 2007, 4:42 pm CDT

Quote From: snodgrass76

I couldnt agree with you more!!! AMEN!!! Im sorry but someone who was truly molested would not of wanted to sit that close to the person who hurt him!!

Hold on aminute!!! He was sitting across from her not next to her and she kept leaning forward and  he kept leaning back. 

I do feel he probably imbellished some on his version, but I feel there was some inappropriate actions on her part. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Remember she was not acquitted, it caused a mistrial. How many mistrials have been retried and then the person is found guilty?

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
November 3, 2007, 8:32 am CDT

Thank you!

Quote From: fiverblessed

Why do people keep saying she was found Not Guilty?? This woman was LUCKY enough to have a mistrial and this being such a SMALL town--none of us know what led to that boy dropping his charges and recanting--or the influence that Joelle's own family may have or could have played a part in that boy recanting--who knows...but I think she was VERY lucky it was a mistrial...and she is now trying to capitalize on it--I think it would have been best to  be quiet and let it go instead of try to make a buck off of it--especially given that she is SOOOO NOOOOT INNOCENT in this....She is her own worst enemy in this case--the boys might not be able to prove she did it with their lie detector tests but Joelle gives herself away and it's CLEAR. I would not have that woman in my child's Sunday school class MUCH LESS in his classroom--she is a predator and probably the town hoochie mama and I think she thrives on that type of attention. DR PHIL WHY DID YOU NOT QUESTION HER RELATIONSHIP WITH HER OWN HS TEACHER?? THEY MARRIED WITHIN 1 YEAR OF HER GRADUATION.

WHY WERE THERE SUCH DOUBLE STANDARDS ON THIS SHOW---WHY WOULD ANYONE BE ALLOWED TO SIT UP THERE, WHEN THEIR CREDIBILITY IS SO OBVIOUSLY LACKING AND THEN CALL THE SHOTS ABOUT NOT TAKING A LIE DETECTOR TEST...She treated the audience like idiots--expecting everyone to take her at face value and trust what she is saying--and she spoon fed lies--obviously--she was DEFINITELY lying about what those codes meant and even Dr. Phil pointed out that, her explanation of what they meant wouldn't make sense for someone that's has also taught English--she taught English and French.

For those that support her sooo whole heartedly, invite her to teach at your child's school--she won't teach at mine--I'd move my kids if she were hired on.

SICK SICK SICK and I wish Dr. Phil had taken charge and not let her call the shots.

Thank you for answering the question about her and her husband. 1 yr  definitely shows me that he had an inappropriate  with her while she was still in school.

Going back to my previous statement........ Since her boundaries were crossed by him, she has no moral or ethical sense of teacher/student  relations. I feel she went too far, but the boys went too far also.

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
November 3, 2007, 2:20 pm CDT

dead wrong!!

Quote From: mrsjcoe

Matt can't remember something that happened 5 or 6 years ago in reference to a sexual experience? What a load of crap!

I was molested by an uncle at the age of 8. Thirty years later, I can still tell you about the smell in the room, the colors of the stains on the wall and the taste of ejaculate in my mouth.

Victims don't forget! Matt was proved a liar, should be tried for perjury and Joelle should sue him for defamation of character.

Let's see how he would like being faced with a jail term.

I was molested from the age of 8 til age 14 by my dad and I can't remember the smells or all of the different places he assaulted me at or in. Just becasue you can doesn't mean everyone is like you or that is the only way it is.

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
November 3, 2007, 3:22 pm CDT

Not necessarily lying

Quote From: gina82

OMG!!  This one better post!!!!!! Matt is a cocky, arrogant liar. When a child is in trouble they often blurt out something their sibling did thinking that it is worse than what they  did and that their parents will forget all about punishing him or her and go after the sibling.

Joelle's marriage did not need to be brought up but after failing the polygraph and fumbling over details, changing his story and not being clear on when or if he moved a piano(even though another boy testified to that fact), Matt just blurted out something that in his mind was scandalous in hopes that it would deflect the attention off him.

This is why they don't like to put any child under 17 on the stand!!!!! They waffle embellish and freak out. Matt is a classic example of what happens when exposed to molestion whether mildly or not.

I took the route of no emotion to the extreme. The only time I showed any emotion was when backed in a corner after being attacked by those in authority who did not believe me. I can see that in every bit of him.

Matt I sincerely hope and pray that you are in counselling. I am now 45 and still have troubles from my molestation. You are young enough, please get help. Keep your chin up and don't let anyone tell you you are bad for blowing the whistle. Don't fret the details, she was messing up on details tooo.

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
November 4, 2007, 7:16 am CST

Quote From: cooljuju

I am very sorry to hear what  happened to you as a child, because it should never happen, and no child should have to deal with that.  But I strongly believe that Matt was not abused by his teacher.  Would a victim write a poem about this supposed sexual encounter, present it to the class, and make copies of it and distribute them to his classmates?  If he was so ashamed and distraught by it and "wanted to take it to the grave" as he said, WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE DO THAT?!  He is obviously a liar, an attention addict, and is too arrogant to take back a lie that has spiraled out of control. 

Yes he would to minimize the embarrassment of  having someone take advantage of him. It makes it  funny ,taking away the hurt aspect, thereby  hiding the real feelings of confusion, hurt and anger.

I don't believe everything he is saying, He does embellish or rather he is covering memory lapses and not too well. What happened to the other boys, he probably took and added to his trying to  back up their statements.

I do believe the teacher crossed the line and left herself wide open. No teacher in their right mind, no matter how hold writes coded notes to students. Especially teenage boys! No teacher should ever take male teenage students on rides alone  with her.

I realize that her husband tried backing her up . Did you catch his expressions when Dr. Phil questioned him? He looked to the left several times before answering the question and then did not look at Dr. Phil, he looked at the boy.

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
November 4, 2007, 7:24 am CST

Quote From: beinformed

Matt is 21 years old.

He wasn't 21 when this occurred and has been  consistently attacked  since then.

Every one defends the teacher's affects. I am defending Matt's.

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
November 4, 2007, 7:56 am CST

Forgotten

As far as the "poem" goes, did he mention her name or  class in it? and how old was he when he wrote it?

Did he go to college? It may have been there that he wrote the poem.

About  his statement: ( I may not get every word verbatim) "I didn't want her to go to jail, I just wanted to make sure she didn't teach again". The  victim, especially a teenage boy, takes in everyone saying a boy cannot be raped, so they turn it into play. This takes away the emotional aspect.

Matt squirmed when asked how he felt. I think it is much better to be detached......Dr. Phil got beyond that and he started cracking. BUT and I mean BUT he never once backed down from his story.

The lie detector test: 2 questions were posed,covering all of the case. It shoulod have been broken down into point- by -point basis. They were toooo generalized and yes it would show dec eption that way. Especially if the boy embellished some.

I think it needs to be redone and the teacher need to take another one too.

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
blank
November 4, 2007, 9:36 am CST

not just 1 accuser

Quote From: wickit47462

I can't begin to understand how a teacher cannot be accused of lies that young people bring about, but it does happen.  I think the teacher involved in this case is very attractive and the student seen her as way to be in the spot-light. I think this student also used this to become noticed by  his peers and to gain popularity.  My  assumption would be that he saw something that was not there and had to continue with this lie because he has trapped himself into a situation where he felt he couldn't get out. After the show I think he will realize that he did get caught up in it and is not mature enough to tell the honest to God's Truth. Maybe he should ask to be free from charges in order to free this teacher from his lies. Because she will live with this nightmare forever, she brought it out into the public eye and the student needs to be brought to his knees.

You are responding as if there was only one accuser. There were 3 and probably a lot more than those, but were too embarrassed  to come forward. Boys unlike girls are vilified as being the approachers. Yes I believe he has "lied" some. I also believe she stepped over the line.

The notes were the give away. She didn't deny writing them just  disputed the meaning. Number one:the note was to a boy. Number two:not once have I heard any of her female students say she asked them over for  French parties and overnighters. Number three :I have not heard any of the "friendliness" directed toward her  female students.

I would like to hear feed back from some of the females in her classes from 6 years ago.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board