Message Boards

Messages By: littlemissyjen

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
angry
November 9, 2007, 7:34 pm CST

Freedom of Speech

I'm not a racist person, nor do I think the N word should be used freely.  I find it offensive.  Although I don't like what Dog said, that doesn't not mean I think he should be penalized by yanking his show.  There is a thing we have in America called the 1st Ammendment that guarantees the freedom of speech.  It does not have any clauses which states that they only have that freedom until they say something we don't like.  So I really think that people should just look the other way.  Anyone can say what they want...but that doesn't mean everyone has to listen to it.  It really pisses me off when people get all offended because someone isn't  living the way that particular person sees as fit.  If you don't like something, don't look, listen, pay attention or whatever.  Just change the channel, turn off the radio, and/or shut up and walk away.  How hard is that?

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 9, 2007, 7:46 pm CST

The kid failed

The kid failed the lie detector test.  He's a liar , flat out.  Maybe she had the hots for him, maybe she flirted and  possilby kissed him.  I don't believe it went further than that.  He was a proven liar.  Period!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 27, 2008, 10:24 pm CDT

not a hoverer

I have a son who is alomst 8. Although I am having to let him grow up and learn things on his own. I by no means would ever leave him somewhere in public and have him find his way home.  There are way too many perverts out there!  I was over protected by my mom...she had good enough reason but never explained anything to me...so I rebelled.  I've had a hard life as well by marrying the wrong guys who abused me. 
So I want my son to grow up knowing how to make correct decisions.  I will guide him, but I certainly won't smother him.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 27, 2008, 10:30 pm CDT

09/29 Extreme Moms

Quote From: shelly_80

YOU DESERVE A MEDAL!!!! That is the sweetest thing I've read on here in a long time.  I especially loved the "cooking capabilities" part.  Your boys will make two women extremely happy one day.  Keep up the good work. I truly believe parents who don't take the initiative to teach their children these values, they really are doing their kids a dis-service. It not only allow them to take pride in theirself but gains the respect from others. Not to mention, teachs them how to survive in the "real word" the right way. 

I appreciate you for instilling that in your boys because in doing so, people like yourself will not have to support them forever.  What I mean by that is, they will not have to depend on government welfare to survive, they already have the means and the knowledge to do it on their own.. 

wow I am simply AMAZED !  You do deserve a medal.  To be able to teach them to do that much so young.  Mine is almost 8 and getting him to clean his room is a pain.  He does do it...but it's messy  still. Although it's not near as bad as it used to be.  He does earn an allowance for cleaning his room, helping with dishes, and laundry.  I think it gives him incentive.  If he does his chores, he gets 3 dollars a week.  If not..he gets nothing.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 27, 2008, 10:36 pm CDT

09/29 Extreme Moms

Quote From: fanni50

You have to teach your children at a very young age right from wrong and when to say OK or run.  You have to give them a reason to give you trust.  If this is done and you continue it through out their growing up years then you shouldn't have to hover. 

Too much hovering may cause a child to become distant and keep things from you which in return will cause a hovering mother or parent to wonder if their child can be trusted. 

Show them love, honer and trust.  Make sure your time with your child is quality and give some of yourself to them instead over them.

I agree with you 100%.   Kids need parents that can find the even balance to learn to be responsible.
 I forgot to mention earlier...that when I pay my son allowance I have also been teaching him to save up to a certain amount before he buys a toy.  I also don't let him spend it all at one time, well usually...unless he's worked really hard to save up like 20-30 dollars.  Sometimes I'll meet him half  way when he's saving for a game to buy.  And he's only going to be 8.  My mom taught me the value of a dollar growing up and I try to do the same w/my child. 
I may not be a perfect mom, but I certainly try really hard.  He is happy and loved and gets straight A's in school so far. 
I've gone back to college and kinda feel like I'm not giving him enough attention because of my homework load.  I am 31 and finally am getting a degree in Business.  My boyfriend supports the household for the most part, for I don't have a lot of income.  But I am hoping that I'm setting a good example for my son to teach him how important education is.  I've already started talking to him about going when he graduates..and he's 3rd grade lol!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 27, 2008, 10:44 pm CDT

guilty guilty guilty

I was a Senior in High School when his "not guilty" verdict was read in the murder of his wife.  I knew he was guilty then and I know he's guilty now. He's a liar, theif, and con man. He's an abusive jerk (I'm putting it in language they can print) and he deserved the death penalty long ago.
I've been following the O.J. trial on Tru TV daily in the mornings.  The law is my obsession actually.  I can't seem to get enough of that channel lol.  Anyhow...he needs to be found guilty for this as well.
My heart goes out to the families of the deceased.  Both families who have lost their loved ones; Nicole's and Ron's.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 27, 2008, 10:47 pm CDT

09/30 The Goldmans on O.J.’s Trial

Quote From: fanclub

Dr. Phil- I am writing about simpson's first trial about murdering his ex-wife and her friend. I watch that trial and was amazed and confused about one of simpson's action that the defense never pick on. His smung attitude when he got away with it, and nobody picked up on it. Who in the world would go out and buy a pair of glove that would fit properly and put on surgical gloves on before you try them on. "NOBODY!"

When he did that I was amazed they allow him to wear them. Naturally they would not fit and any moroon

or simple person like me could see no sense in this display of TRUTH. It was therefore believed according to simpson that they were not his gloves-what a butch of CRAP!- and nobody said a darn thing

about it. This was an important part of the trial-don't fit they must aquit. Now that I finally got it of my

chest I hope Mr. GOLDMAN and his FAMILY will see that other people watching this devastation of-justice

will be aware that we all felt their pain-even if it's from a distance. GOD BLESS THEM!

TAKE CARE!-WE CARE!=Al and Melissa.

Not to mention that O.J. had began some medication that made him swell up a bit...of course the gloves wouldn't fit then.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 27, 2008, 10:49 pm CDT

09/30 The Goldmans on O.J.’s Trial

Quote From: bpolk59

The Goldman's are money hungry people who are doing everyting in their power to capitalize on the death of their love one. This is so sad.
No they are not money hungry. They are just trying to hurt him where they can, the best way they can...and that is his pocket book and money making abilities.  They got a judgement against him in a civil case, therefore O.J. IS NOT allowed to have any profit.  It goes to the Goldman's.  O.J. has gotten away with everything..why? Because he was able to pay people off.   They are just trying to make sure he doesn't do that again.  It's the only justice they are going to get...even though it doesn't come close to what they deserve.  But their goal is to make him as miserable as they can...because he deserves it.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 27, 2008, 10:59 pm CDT

Me too

2007 was a difficult year for me as well, I got divorced, (for the 2nd time) moved in with my mom.  I then got fired, then my dad died.(whom I hadn't talked to in 9 months cuz he pissed me off)  I moved again (into my dad's house)  found another job, then 6 months later, got fired again.  All these things happened in about a year or so.  Talk about stress and barely being able to get by.  I was on anti-depressants (which I am now off of).  I still have my xanax because my first husband.  I have a wonderful boyfriend of a year and 4 months who has helped me buy my dads house.  We are a happy family and I am in college to get a degree after 14 months.  He has a great job with the railroad.  After all these bad things happening, life has finally gotten better. So to those of you that are suffering, I offer this...it will get better, even if it gets worse first.  Please try to do your best to handle the stress.  Go to the dr and get xanex if you need it.  My first husband used to beat me and I have anxiety BAD  and have to take xanex now.  But I also have other outlets for my stress.  I count my blessings now for my family and my boyfriend for helping me go back to school and not making me get a job so I can get straight A's. 
That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. Don't ever forget that ladies :)

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 27, 2008, 11:04 pm CDT

10/02 Stressed Out to the Max

Quote From: swarren8703

I would like to tell you a little bit about a little boy by the name of Brant Warren. This 9 year old has lived a very hard childhood since the day he was born. His biological mother was not ready to care for a baby. Before he was 9 months old, she had moved 11 times, married and divorced once (not to his Dad), and left Brant at friends, Grandparents, Dads, and his Uncles homes more then she took care of him herself. At age15 months old, the courts gave his Dad full custody. Dad gave up his farm house and move back to our house in order to have help raising his son and still work. They lived with us for 4 years; however, Dad met and fell in love with a student at OSU. They became engaged and married just before Brant turned 4. Within a year, Brant biological mother gave up all rights and let Brant's step mother adopt him. All was good for about one years. Brant learned to love and trust his new mother. Then Mom became pregnant for her own child. During the pregnancy things seemed to change. Brant didn't made Mom happy most of the time. She let him know that he was dirty, unacceptable and bad. Things deteriorated over the next few months, getting a little worse after Brants little brother was born. Brant started to rebel towards his mother to the point that Mom and Dad thought that something was wrong with him. He was placed in Kettering Children's psychiatric hospital for evaluation. After 6 days evaluation, the doctors found that Brant had no problems other then ADHD and server depression. When Brant was due to come home, Mom decided to leave. She told Brant that she was leaving because he was such a bad kid and she would not be coming home until he was good. That was 1 1/2 years ago. She left with his little brother and moved to Newark. Brant has only seen his brother 3-4 times since.

Meanwhile , Dad worked hard to reunited this family by getting a counselor for his wife, a counselor for his son, a family counselor, and (by order of Kettering) a Psychiatrist for Brant to deal with his lose; all at great cost. As Dad needed to be home when the school bus picked his son up at 8, and be home to get his son off the bus, his employer could not deal with all these problems. As construction work took a turn for the worse, an order came down for lay offs, and Dad was one of the first to go.

Brant's Dad looked hard for a job for the next 6 month while all his bills took a hard hit. When Dad was the only income of the house, he was barely keeping his heard above water, but now he was sinking. During this time, divorce papers were mailed to him and they would prevent him from seeing his youngest son, so he needed to procure his own attorney with the last of his savings. Dad has now (less the a month ago) started a new job, but they are looking at loosing their home. Dad has it up for sale, but with the down turn in housing sales, he is up side down on his loan. He sees no way to keep it and Brant will loose again. 

I'm telling you about this little 9 year old boy because he came to me and was worried about HIS father.  He worries that he doesn't love him any more or that he doesn't want him around any more.  I too worry about him to the point of having nightmare about him killing himself to get out from all his problems.  The lost of his wife, son, job, home, credit, and maybe his car, lawn mower, and the trailer that hauls it (everything in his life except his oldest son) is weighting him down to a point of lucking him into inactivity.  He seems to sit on his sofa, and email, text messages to friends, or playing game.  This is now he is escaping out of his world.  Unforturnitly, his son thinks Dad is escaping him.

This has brought me to tears!  I feel for them.  How dare that "mother" who adopted him when all was "well" turn her back on him. She obviously is selfish and doesn't love anyone but herself.  That poor little boy.  Kids shouldn't worry about their parents...it should be the other way around. 
My son worries about his bio dad because he is bi-polar and a recovering drug addict.  I have FULL custody and always will.
I sure hope that the dad you are speaking of can at least move home w/his parents or some close friend or relative and get back on his feet.  At least he has his son.  His ex wife and visitation will work out eventually...although it will be a long, emotional road ahead.  I pray he will be ok.
It makes me very thankful that even though all the bad I"ve had...I've got a world of good now.  I am so thankful!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board