Message Boards

Messages By: flopeyeman

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
January 28, 2008, 8:01 am CST

740lbs

Yes that is right 17 months ago I weighed in at 740 pounds I was completely bed bound and was on oxygen and I was an insulin dependent diabetic at 41years old I probably was going to be dead inside of a year! I wanted to have gastric bypass and contacted three different surgeons and no one would consider doing the surgery on me one surgeon even told me that if I would loose down to 450 he would do the surgery on me! If I could have lost that much weight I would not need the surgery! but I found a surgeon that would operate on me! Dr Bryne at the Medical University of South Carolina and I was operated on on Aug 30 2006 and my weight is now down to 390 pounds so I have lost 350 pounds and I am able to get around I can now drive again no more oxygen or C pap no more diabetes meds of any kind and I'm doing great I feel that I have a new life now I still have a large hernia and a lot of hanging skin that I have to deal with the doctors want me to loose down to about 350 before I can have the hernia fixed and the skin removed!!  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board