Message Boards

Messages By: robin457

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
February 23, 2008, 6:13 pm CST

not a good start

most girls grow up to believe that they will have a storybook wedding. let's face it ..a lot of us don't. my father died when i was 21. i never really knew my father. i got married the first time at a justice of the peace. it didn't last. the second was at a church with just my husbands brother and sister and their spouses. my second marriage has had its ups and downs but it is by far my best marriage.

when the woman started down the isle and saw her future husband drunk, she should have ran, not walked to the nearest exit and not looked back. for someone to be that insensitive to their own wedding says a lot about their character. and his buddies would have to go. if they have that much influence over what he does, what else will they talk him into. he says he instigated it. i don't buy it. if that is a predictor of their future, then i would come to the conclusion that it is sunk.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
frustrated
February 23, 2008, 6:39 pm CST

he isn't the brightest bulb in the pack

Quote From: profmaryann

I wouldn't quite go so far as to make the blanket statement that they're "silly." We as a society tend to mark the major milestones of our lives with some sort of celebration, whether it's the birth/baptism of a child, a graduation, or the official beginning of a life together as a couple.

However, somewhere along the line the expectations morphed from getting the family and a relatively few CLOSE friends (not every hanger-on you've known since Day One) together for a modest, yet usually "classy" party to affairs rivaling Presidential inaugurations costing, as you so aptly phrased it, the GNP of Ecuador. The pictures that are painted in our culture today, between the soap operas, the gossip mag reports of the latest celeb nuptial, and the omnipresent bridal mags, create expectations that are almost certain NOT to be met to the letter. And, as you said, it starts things off on a disappointing note.

I like the thought of a blowout vacation somewhere around our 10th anniversary.  =)

Prof

weddings aren't silly. it is the people who enter into the marriage that are silly. when they enter into a marriage they should be aware of who they are going to be living with. what kind of person is this.

if my husband had shown up drunk for the wedding, their wouldn't have been one. I don't care if the pope is sitting in the audience. to have no respect for the feelings of his future wife. Well, let's just say that dad should have left him where he laid. and then go tell the bride and let her chose to have him swerving on stage or leave him in the yard. which, i would have left him in the yard. he knew what he was doing. he didn't care how it looked. and its not the wedding planning and all the glitter that makes us march down the isle. we go down the isle to show that we are together, for better or worse, sickness and in health, till death us part. not show up drunk and pay for it for the next fifty years.

marriage is hard enough without both parties putting in it together. but to begin your marriage incapable of standing up because you are sloshed to the gills is reprehensible.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
March 7, 2008, 9:03 am CST

are you kidding?

Quote From: mandiez_panda

Most of you act like you are perfect. That you have never did anything wrong in your entire life. Have you ever took something that was not yours? even if it was from a sister or brother and you was just a child? Had a bad thought about someone? Been in a fight? Many more stuff that you may or may not got caught doing are wrong and just cause you got away with it does not make it less wrong. You have no right to judge people until you have all the facts. Not just one side of the story but both. Just cause someone is a registered sex offender does not mean they actually did the crime. It just means that the court found quilt of it and for the rest of thier life they are going to be labeled as one. In some states you do not have to rap or sexually hurt someone againist thier will to be labeled as one, but you have to live with being called one. Did you know that in some states you can simply just flash someone or run down the street with no cloths on or close to it and be labeled as one. Plus did you know that if your 18, and your boyfriend or girlfriend is 17 or younger, and the right people find out about it, that you can be label as a registered sex offender with or without the underage person or thier parent pressing charges. All this cause you and the person you love want to express how you both feel for each other. You did nothing wrong but you will be labeled for it for the rest of your life. Yes I know there are some people who are correctly labeled as one. But the ones being released have paid thier time. It is on thier record for all to see. They have to live with the mistake they made for the rest of thier life. I know some are not remorseful about what they did. But some are and it is not right to group them with the ones that are not. A lot want to change and are working on being just normal and are truefully remorseful. But how are they going to do this if your not giving them a chance and if your constantly judging them. I think your just as bad as what you think they are!! They can only change if you give them a chance. That is what the government is doing. So get your facts about someone before you judge them. Also some people who are not labeled registered sex offender are worse than the people who are one. Just cause they have not been caught or were given a less of a charge does not make them better than the ones that are. But you only do not want to live near the ones that are. Get you facts then judge them. You never know what you will find out. Plus what if you was wrongly convicted of something that you did not do. Would you want someone judging you before they got to know you or befoe they atleast find out both sides of the story? Most likely you would not but you are doing that to them. Think about it.

my ex-husband raped our 12 year old daugher, and his sisters 11 year old daughter. i have lived with the problems that these perverts inflict on other people because they are weak. they don't have the kahoonas to deal with an adult they get their kicks violating weaker people. thats what makes them feel good.

anyone that doesn't have enough respect about themselves to keep thier clothes on deserves to be arrested. flashing people ,usally a man in a raincoat at night when thier is hardly anyone around is sick. you dont need a phd to realize that these are sick people who like to make kids thier victims. they want to humiliate thier victims it feels good to them. they all need to be locked in a room with a hundred mothers with some cooking utelsils. we are soft on criminals (ohhh poor baby, you have rights you know) a bunch of do gooders with more time on thier hands than a clock maker, get on thier high horse, they dont' think about the victims unless it happens to thier child or niece or nephew. get real. what these perverts need to do is get taken out . nothing less would work. they always come back. they are like a disease they just keep spreading. i agree that sometimes people are convicted that didn;t commit a crime. but it is rare. how would you like to have someone in your family tormented by the results of a preditor. wake up.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
angry
March 16, 2008, 7:32 am CDT

Stand by your man???? doot doo doo da

I seem to remember Mrs. Clinton going berserk on Tammy Wynette for making the song. Stand by your man. shortly after that tirade. she stood meekly beside Bill as he confessed that he had indeed had sexual relations with that woman. I think instead of New Yorks governors wife standing by him, she should have had an old iron skillet in her hand and when the cameras started clicking she should fried his hot dog, right their for the nation to see. I would vote for her to be president if she would have done it. its time we start standing up and not take prisoners when it comes to how we let men treat us.

it is terribly hard to accept that someone you love humiliates you when they take another lover, but, to have it aired on national television must be devastating. I hope that she finds the strength  to move on. Clearly, he wasn't thinking of his wife and children and what this would do to them. I hope his doggy shrivels up and not even air jordan can get it up. it would serve him right.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
confused
September 13, 2008, 1:02 pm CDT

leaving kids in cars

we recently saw on the news that a school teacher left her child in the car and it died. the baby sat in the car seat for 9 hours. then last year a vice principle of a well to do school left her child in the car. she even went outside to move her car closer to the school so she could get the doughnuts from the back of her suv. then she got back in and moved her car again. i hate to say this. both women were not charged. i am sorry but i raised five children and i never left them in the car for anything. i was always afraid that they would knock it out of gear or anything. i don't see how anyone can forget thier kid. i don't care how busy you are. if you can remember the doughnuts you can remember the kid. anyone else had done this they would have been prosecuted ..hung out to dry..i am sorry that thier children died. but, i cant see how they could forget.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
happy
September 13, 2008, 1:19 pm CDT

good for you

Quote From: cillysue

I am 61 years ol, grew up in the suburbs of Los Angeles and never experienced racisim.  I wasn't taught it, I just never knew about it.  I learned about it when I married a militarty man and lived all over the place.  When I learned that a friend of mine from Florida would not get on a bus if the driver was black, it made me laugh.  I have never heard of anything so ridiculous.  Then my black neighbors told me what they had gone thorough when growing up, couldn't try on clothes they wanted to buy, etc.  I was mad.  I know my mind, and If I had been born black and lived in their area I would be dead.  Now I am a very proud and happy gramma of a black grandson and he considers himswelf black.  I try to teach him all I can about his history, try to keep him from going into the gangs (white or black or hispanic, asian).  I want him to carry himself with pride, be smart, make the right choices and tell him how it is.  He has a great sense of humor, manners, and he does not even think about "what" his friends are.  I see lots of people looking at him then looking at me and I know it is because he is so handsome, how could it possibly be anything else?

Children live what they learn.

my mother is 80.  I have 5 bio-racial children. well they are mostly grown now. at first she disowned me.

i tried to keep the lines of communication open. but, what can i say. sometimes i get really bitter about the way she treated me and my children. my oldest daughter had a baby that was premature. it held on to life for 2 months and died. I was devasted. my family never came to the service. we had a bad snow that year.

i am not close to my side of the family at all. i keep in contact sometimes but i still have that resentment that will follow me to my grave. i was born in the late 50's and i grew up watching the violence towards blacks. i was appalled. hurt, angry ...i had found that i was more easily accepted in the black community that the blacks were accepted in the whites. however, i have heard the race card played when it is convieniant. i don't feel i am responsible for what someones ancestors do. i just do my part. if you treat me right. i will treat you right. i want the same respect that you want. your grandchild is lucky to have you for a grandparent. not all children are so lucky to have someone love them because they are who they are.

good luck in the world. i wish you the best.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
September 13, 2008, 2:03 pm CDT

i disagree.

Quote From: cornell74

I actually do agree with you.
this controversy has been going on since i was growing up. it has been quite awhile since thier were slaves. i was not a part of it. i am over 50. i remember what i saw on tv. it was appalling. however. i haven't done anything wrong. my children are bi-racial. i am white thier dad is black. i have seen both sides of the street. i have lived it. my husband would come in and talk about honkeys and crackers. i would remind him that i am white. if you leave the color out of the conversation because it has no place in it. then no one would think that you were talking about a black person or a white one. i am not responsible for the past. i am responsible for today. if everyone including both white and black were to leave the color out of the conversation and move on we could move past it.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board