Message Boards

Messages By: mwhitt

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
September 14, 2008, 8:26 am CDT

I need to get motivated!

Hello! I am a 30 yr old woman with no children yet. I was glad to see that Dr. Phil put together a group for people who want to lose just 10 pounds. JUST 10 pounds IS quite a bit for some of us. I noticed that several people on the 10 pound club are hoping to lose the "last 10 pounds." I am a little different. I want to lose the "first 10 pounds!" I have never had a problem with weight. I have always been petite and could get away with eating anything. Things have changed for me in the last year or so. I started teaching about the same time that my weight began to increase. I assumed that with a 20 minute lunch, I would lose weight since I had less time to sit down. Somehow, I've managed to rack up the pounds. And as some of you also said, 10 pounds on a 5'3 body makes a huge difference. I would like to stop the weight gain and take control before things get really out of hand. I have joined a gym with my husband. He is much better about going. I always find an excuse not to go. "I'm too tired. I'll go tomorrow." I want to get motivated! Please let me know if you have any great motivation tips that you could share. Good luck with your weight loss!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 11, 2008, 4:35 pm CST

What a disgrace!

Quote From: kittty56

OMG, I so agree !!!! Numb nuts are to say the least !!!! I grew up in a VERY disciplined home, Catholic, all that but I was a problem from the get-go. I did everything that my parents taught me not to do. Started stealing cigarettes from my parents at 8, got pregnant at 15, ( had to give her up for adoption per my parents). I could never have a boy in my room, EVER, but one ( my hubby now), would come in through the window. For some reason I would do just the opposite of what they wanted. Back in my day, just about everyone smoked cigarettes. Drugs were not even heard of. A friend of mine right now has smoked Marijuana WITH her kids in the house cause she said it's better to be open with them and it could be worse. What the hell is going on?? But what's the difference with me being banned from everything and rebelling? But I am 52 now and I would never let my children do what the parents do today. They're freakin out of their minds. I'm sure they're not all that way, but the one's that were on the show... OMG.....

I watched that sad excuse of a mother and teacher today and felt extremely embarrassed. I am a teacher in the state of Texas (where she is from.) I can't believe her behavior and willingness to actually go on national television and reveal waht she is doing as a parent and teacher. She is supplying a minor with a substance that he is not of age to buy. Not only should Child Protective Services be contacted, but her teaching license should be revoked!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board