Message Boards

Messages By: jeffersd

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
surprised
January 4, 2008, 7:43 am CST

N.Y. Resolutions

I'll have to admit that I was a bit surprised by the way the woman trying to stop smoking was handled.  I've been a smoker for 24 years and not a day goes by that I don't rue the day I started smoking.  I've used the patch, gum, hypnosis and recently used the prescription Chantix.  That worked for 30 days.  But the comment about the first 7 or 8 days will be tough was WAAAY off base.  I can tell you from experience that day 30 was much worse than day 8.  It's a constant craving that makes it difficult to concentrate on anything, there's this taste that is always in your mouth no matter how much water you drink and the closest thing I can compare it to is...If you had gone 3 or 4 days without water and were dying of thirst and all you had to do was stop at a gas station or super market and buy a ...perfectly legal...bottle of water how long could you hold out.  That's the problem.  It wears you down. 

My doctor told me that it takes up to 90 days to get past the cravings.  I'm sure when I can last 45 or 60 days it will start getting easier ...and I will try again.  He also said that nicotine is more addictive than cocaine and I haven't seen you telling coke addicts to just quit.

My doctor told me to use the Chantix and 1 and 1/2 patches for at least 30 days then decrease slowly until using no more patches.  That this was my best chance of success.  Before, I had also been told that after a week it would be much easier.  I guess it must differ for different people.

I have to tell you that I do love your show and respect the no-nonsense approach you take with your guests and the subjects you discuss.  Just have to differ on this one.  Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to Jay's new show.

Happy New Year.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
surprised
September 22, 2008, 7:58 am CDT

Show's new look and sound

Love your show but really don't like the new theme music or song!  Feels like bunnies and butterflies and rainbows should start appearing on the screen when the singing starts.  Come on Dr. Phil your show is more 'real than that' .  It's too contrived.  I'd really like to see less "coming up next" to give you more time on stage with the guests so you didn't have to go to commercial after talking with them for about 5 minutes.  It seems like your letting some folks off the hook a little to easy too.  Like the show on lowering the drinking age.  I don't know if I'm for it or against it but it also seems that the examples of all of the current underage drinking incidents speaks to the argument that right now, the law isn't working.  Nobody seemed to even make that argument.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board