Messages By: amyaaron86

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
angry
February 13, 2008, 3:12 pm CST

NO EXCUSE!!!!

I  CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS LADY IS TRYING TO DEFEND THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOUR,

this is the same thing my own mother is accused of as far as my sisters and stepfather.

She is still with him today. We do not speak because of other issues. But I can not

understand how any mother would even consider staying with a person that hurt their

own child in any way shape or form.

That mother needs to get real!!!

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
angry
February 13, 2008, 3:23 pm CST

Ticked off

I think their are other issues with this mother and daughters relationship, I can believe,

sad  to say how a mother could not care if her daughter ever forgives her and can be so

angry at her daughter. It reminds me of my own on issues that my mother was abn alcholic

and I fopund out some true facts, and she has not spoken sence 1986. So I feel this mother

did not and does not care.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
frustrated
February 21, 2008, 3:29 pm CST

ENTITLED

I can not believe this mother, it reminds me so much

of my own. Why does the grandmother feels that she

has a right to even be in the middle of this family. Is'nt

it a right you earn. I do not know what to say, I am be sides

myself.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
March 10, 2008, 4:25 am CDT

SHOCKED!!

Dear Dr. Phil & Robin;

I looked up in my area just to see how many of

these preditors are in my area, There are 63 just

in my area I live, that is not counting all in the county.

Also homes that put them up, over looking the beach.

I thinl it is wrong that thees people should even be allowed

out and about as it is. Amd then for home owners to make

a profit from it is dead wrong. I also get so tired of these

activist that say the death penalty is inhumane, my God

do they think about what their victims go through. Just

to think these guys, which the majority are offenders of

children under 14yrs of age and they can look out on the beach

and who knowa what they are thinking. Also I was shocked

to find out there was one living at my last residence, it is

very creepy.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
confused
March 17, 2008, 4:02 pm CDT

AGREE WITH ROBIN

Hi Dr. Phil and Robin;

First of all I do not see how a wife could stand up beside's her husband's

side, just fo his sake. And that is what I feel. Next they probably will be devrced.

But hear he is putting people away, and hear he is out breaking the law. In my

mind that is worse. I feel sorry for the wife and kids.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
frustrated
March 17, 2008, 4:12 pm CDT

IN A RUT

To the topic about people being in a rut and can't get out.

Well that is me today is my 51st birthday, and I feel like I am

just existing and not living. I am not close to my family or any

one in that fact. I have helped a lot of people in my life with

out asking anything in return. I had to cut everyone out of

my life because they were not concerned about me, only

their own needs. My problem is finding the resources to get

out of this rut. I was looking today where I may be able to

find a grant to get my car fixed and buy a mobile home, and

getting no where. So what are you to do?

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
March 18, 2008, 4:00 pm CDT

THANK-YOU

Quote From: planeman

I read your posting about being in a rut and I know saying Happy Birthday, right now probably doesnt help much yet, however, if you start right here (ON THE INTERNET) you can search for all kinds of grants. You should be careful about paying someone to give you a listing of grants, though there are some programs that charge a small fee for the listings and they are legitimate organizations. If you just type the word Grants in Google you will get a bunch of replies. I would start with the SBA especially if there are any business type things you may want to try. Every state has a Small Business Administration, and I know in New York we also have SCORE.  These are mostly retired professionals who want to help. Generally they will be working with people in setting up a Business Plan, helping you decide what may be the best suited steps for you to take and even what you are best suited to do.

Also, as you start going through the different grants out there, you may find that there is grant that is for something other than what you were originally looking for, however, it may provide you with funds to buy a home (Any Kind) and free up other money for you to fix the car.  My point is dont just look at grants that are to fix your car, and buy a mobile home. You may just find something that gets you excited again. The library should have some books on government grants as well.

Colleges will also have someone who is familiar with grants, and yes other than just for school. I am sure your local community college will have a counselor who would be happy to meet with you and will be able to point you ion the right direction. Most college librarys will have books or even old Microfiche with grants and nowadays grant searching help on the internet. If you call them and set up an appointment especially a community college, they will help you. You can as last resort merely tell them you may also be interested in taking a class or 2 and then they will absolutely help you. You may even find that a class or two may help get you out of the rut. And dont be embarrassed about school at 50. Night and weekend courses are filled with people our age.

Speaking of schools, check with local automotive schools. They may offer to help fix your car. Meet with the teacher, and discuss what you need. Again, I do not know what state you live in, so its hard to be specific, but check technical schools and colleges with an automotive technology program and see if they will help. Dont be surprised if they will. I also dont know what you do or what you like so it is also hard to be specific about certain things.

Regarding your original question, just remember that I mentioned that Google will give you several hits just by searching the word grant, burt dont stop there, start going deeper and de3eper into the web with your searches.

I hope this helped a little and remember 50 today really is like 35 , 25 years ago! I only get on this site when I come in from work, and usually while watching the show, however I put the show on DVR and then watch it at 7:00. Feel free to stay in touch through t his site and let me know how you progressing.

I just turned 51 and live in ca, I am disabled and on SSI sence 1986. I have

no one close to me, so thank-you for the comments.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
March 18, 2008, 4:01 pm CDT

THANK-YOU

Quote From: planeman

I read your posting about being in a rut and I know saying Happy Birthday, right now probably doesnt help much yet, however, if you start right here (ON THE INTERNET) you can search for all kinds of grants. You should be careful about paying someone to give you a listing of grants, though there are some programs that charge a small fee for the listings and they are legitimate organizations. If you just type the word Grants in Google you will get a bunch of replies. I would start with the SBA especially if there are any business type things you may want to try. Every state has a Small Business Administration, and I know in New York we also have SCORE.  These are mostly retired professionals who want to help. Generally they will be working with people in setting up a Business Plan, helping you decide what may be the best suited steps for you to take and even what you are best suited to do.

Also, as you start going through the different grants out there, you may find that there is grant that is for something other than what you were originally looking for, however, it may provide you with funds to buy a home (Any Kind) and free up other money for you to fix the car.  My point is dont just look at grants that are to fix your car, and buy a mobile home. You may just find something that gets you excited again. The library should have some books on government grants as well.

Colleges will also have someone who is familiar with grants, and yes other than just for school. I am sure your local community college will have a counselor who would be happy to meet with you and will be able to point you ion the right direction. Most college librarys will have books or even old Microfiche with grants and nowadays grant searching help on the internet. If you call them and set up an appointment especially a community college, they will help you. You can as last resort merely tell them you may also be interested in taking a class or 2 and then they will absolutely help you. You may even find that a class or two may help get you out of the rut. And dont be embarrassed about school at 50. Night and weekend courses are filled with people our age.

Speaking of schools, check with local automotive schools. They may offer to help fix your car. Meet with the teacher, and discuss what you need. Again, I do not know what state you live in, so its hard to be specific, but check technical schools and colleges with an automotive technology program and see if they will help. Dont be surprised if they will. I also dont know what you do or what you like so it is also hard to be specific about certain things.

Regarding your original question, just remember that I mentioned that Google will give you several hits just by searching the word grant, burt dont stop there, start going deeper and de3eper into the web with your searches.

I hope this helped a little and remember 50 today really is like 35 , 25 years ago! I only get on this site when I come in from work, and usually while watching the show, however I put the show on DVR and then watch it at 7:00. Feel free to stay in touch through t his site and let me know how you progressing.

I just turned 51 and live in ca, I am disabled and on SSI sence 1986. I have

no one close to me, so thank-you for the comments.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
confused
March 18, 2008, 4:53 pm CDT

"JUST A THOUGHT"

Hello;

When I heard the girls talk about their relation ships not lasting,

and also I kept hearing them say they have never been on their

own. I have been in some relationship's, but I was a codependent.

I took a lot of abuse from different guts just for a place to live.

I could not have real feeling for them due to the abuse. Also

in my situation, I feel some of them also I felt when they wanted

sex, that was a lot of it. And sometimes just could not do it just

because it was more a duty. And after you are abused in any

way, how can you have feelings. The worst position that any

women can be in is a co-dependent relationship. That is just

my view. I got some negative feed back about what I wrote on

the 17th of March. I have been in some difficult relationships

I would either be alone then to be living a life of shame.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
frustrated
March 20, 2008, 4:01 pm CDT

I CAN RELATE

I grew up with a pit in my gut, due to being brought up by alcoholic

parents. My dad was a hard worker and did not go to bars, he would

drink beer when he would get home from work. While he waited for

my mother to come home from being out at bars drinking with other

men. I always felt that I was treated some what different than my other

brothers and sisters. It also affected me differently than the rest of

my siblings. At 13yrs of age I was given Valium when I was taken to

the Dr., because of my nerves. They checked mt thyroid it was fine,

I was even given some type of meds to give me an appetite, because

it was hard to eat being in the position I was in. I am now diagnosed

with GAD,and depression, along with agoraphobia. When I was

19yrs old I found out that my mother had plans to give me up for

adoption, but my grandmother told her that her Son who was in

the navy at the time, would find out no matter what. So I was lucky

to have my grandmother take me under her wing. She was the one that

named me. Well every thing made seance as far as my child hood went.

I hope these girls can get back to being a kid.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board