Messages By: getrealtime

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
February 19, 2008, 7:46 am CST

Are you kidding me

Quote From: ligaliga

I guess you guys would rather have these kids glued to the TV set just like your own.

They were  well dressed , happy , fed, well educated by Mom who is a graduate herself. Give them a break Dr. Phil.... help them instead and the trash and  low life I've seen on your stage.

Who says we need electricity? They got along without it in My Grandpa's day . Are we that soft we can't picture anyone with a back bone to get out of the flow and venture on a new and exciting adventure... Visit that family in 5 years see that the 21 century did bother them a bit... Hahahah society... I wish I had the guts to do it.

Dr. Phil did not talk to the kids, so we don't know how they like their life dear old dad has made for them,and no they do not need tv. to make their lifes happy and full, but what they do need is to feel safe warm and that their parent are willing to what ever it takes to provided for them,suffer what ever comes your way,for them, not the other way around. Dan asked his family to suffer,for his get rich scams. Dan has sucked and bled family members of their retirement monies,took all the comforts of a real home from his family with a promise of a million dollar home of tomorrow. Dan has suffered nothing, the people around Dan suffer everything. To give Dan a doller today  would insure suffing for his family tomorrow

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
February 19, 2008, 8:39 am CST

HERE HERE!!!

Quote From: fasin8

Having had a few days since seeing the show to think about this family and their situation - First off, they allowed cameras in their home which of course we are seeing a staged taping and this family would only allow what they wanted to be taped. Of course they would dress the kids well, show them studying, praying, etc. We saw a glimce of what they wanted us to see.  To condense to a 1 hr show, the tapes are further shortened to tidbits which left the viewers with tons of questions.  I assume by now this family has had an outpouring of financial assistance- really, why else would they go on the show but not for the hope of assistance because their one source of cash (her parents) were cutting them off?  If either of them were to get a job, all the assistance they get from the state, unemployment would decrease or end.  Most states care for the unemployed/low income by helping with basic necessities like medical, food and welfare checks.  A job means these would come to an end and they would truly have to take care of their own basic needs. What they are doing is working for them and has for a long time.  We live in a society where there are people who will hand them things because it makes them feel good about helping others.  We have a similar family who comes in to our medical facility all the time and at Christmas found a receptionist who felt sorry for them because they told her how they didn't have money to spend on their kids for Christmas.   This receptionist sent out a company e-mail and the outpouring was so huge they filled a room full of "stuff" for this family... I'm know they had a better Christmas than my own kids. The next month the same family was back (the kids had new shoes, gameboy, nice clothes)... "we don't have enough money to even buy groceries" and within hours the same receptionist had walked through the building and collected $200 cash for this family.  There are just people who feel that others should bail them out.  Easier to sell the bunkbeds as someone would certainly give them a bed before a trampoline.  We just saw a glimce of one family that represents how a lot of families live and its hard to watch "takers".  They'll get hand outs, be able to stay at home with their kids while others work to pay their mortgage, utilities, groceries, etc.  I work in emergency medicine, and watch families on welfare buy their kids $10 worth of drinks/snacks out of expensive vending machines and then demand a prescription for tylenol or advil because they have no money to pay for them. They don't worry about the basics because that is covered.  I think we just saw the tip of the iceburg for a new generation that is filled with "buy now, worry about paying later" and the mindset that someone owes them something.  I can't imagine getting bills from companies you promised to pay, living in a house you aren't paying for and taking money from relatives and still defending that you shouldn't have to work for someone else.  There are certainly families who run into hard times that get assistance, don't abuse it and work their way out of it we just saw an extreme example.  I just find it completely frustrating that by "sharing their story" they are probably financially better off now after being on the show then families such as myself who work hard to pay my bills, balance time wtih family, etc. 

I was blind for a long time, two years ago I would of been one of the people passing the hat, not no more. for me to give now I have to know that the person in need is a person who is giving their all to help themself first. then I will help. To make a long story short, I had to get a job because of the soft housing market , we had two house payment (not complaining it was of our own making) so I took a 3rd. shift job at a local store, it opened my eyes wided to the system.The 18 year old girls in there with their boyfriend and kids in tow with a 500 doller gov. card to buy their food with, and complaining how they hate shopping, so many time i wish i could say, (you should try it on your own dime then you will have the right to complain)

I try to stay away from the hat now unless i truely see need, I put up with the good doers asking why i didn't give, I rather suffer the whispers of  the good doers then give to those who won't help themselfs.

I was so glad Dr. Phil didn't give Dan any monies. A doller to Dan today will insure the suffering of his family tomorro. I'm sure the good doers out there have passed the hat and Dan has quickly taken it and the suffering will continue.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
February 19, 2008, 9:09 am CST

Why

Quote From: ligaliga

I agree, we are so used to seeing spoiled kids having their way . Remember when we were young no TV no PC, we turned out not so bad...

You are so wise you saw beyond what the camera showed. This family is doing the right thing in every way . Why didn't Dr. Phil help him ... he help drugies, drunks, crazy pepole, But someone who is trying he takes a different road than I would have... I loved this family should be more of these kind of people around They don't follow the money hungry crowd.

Why didn' t Dr. Phil help Dan? Because to give Dan a dollar today will insure the suffering of Dans family tomorrow. Dan hasn't worked at a real job sence 1988, he has tried every get rich scam there is and has bled family members of their hard worked money. Dan was there for another hand out.

Dan can take a different road, but he should build the road himself, anything of worth is worth working for. A dream is only as strong as the dreamer. All the sayings we have didn't come from people with their hands out , they are willing to work to make them come true, two jobs one to take care of his family another to go to his dream. Dan has suffered nothing, he does not do his the best for his family, if he did they would not need another handout and Dan would be working toward that american dream.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
February 19, 2008, 2:31 pm CST

never the right time

Quote From: pepsigirl5

my husband of 21 years.  verbally abuses me.  he calls me a whore, ugly, stupid and fat. no matter what i wear he hates it.  i am a very thin person.  he i could wear almost anything. but if i do he tells me it looks horrible, or i look like a whore.  he thinks i am cheating on him when i go to work.

he has my selfasteem so low that i do not even want to go out any were.  i lost my job because of him.

he does not work and it is so hard dealing with this, we do not communicate at.

i know what i need to do, but it is so hard after 21 years...........but i am trying to get my self together.

Carol

put yourself together, grab your shoes and walk into a new life.you can't heal when someone keeps cutting you, don't give it one more year, respect is gone, and if respect is gone so is friendship.

We all know who have been married over 15 years when the friendship is gone there is nothing to get you over the hill and  back in love again. good luck

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
February 20, 2008, 1:45 pm CST

there is always one

Quote From: mrbill1148

Dr. Phil; I agree the man on the show was wrong but he asked for help several times and it seemed like you kept on braw (Spel.?) beating the man. I really felt sorry for the woman but I also felt sorry for the man as I feel he knew what he was doing wasn't right and wasn't working for him, asked you for help. Finally at the end of the show you  said you would help the wife and husband.

The man was not asking for help for himself, he thinks good, he was asking help  in how to get his wife to do what he says,  and then in his world everything will be right.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
March 1, 2008, 7:18 am CST

Rochelle boy?

I had a friend who was just like Rochelle, she was the money maker, a very hard worker, and she had a hubby just like Rochelle's. My friend also knew how to bait his hook too! Do this do that and SHE WOULD LET HIM GO PLAY. Fish , hunt, whatever, to us their friends it was funny and sad. Funny because he did what she said, sad because he knew we laughed at him for doing it.

To make very long story short, he started holding sex from her, this upset her, but of course it was not her fault, it was his. so my hubby played a song for one night we where playing cards, the name was

(who wants to kiss the lips that has been chewing my ass all day) we all laughed, her husband laughed the hardest with a AMEN, she sent him home, he left for a week, came back, head down, He didn't want to work that hard for a living, so he does as she says, a kepted man, willing to take what she is willing to give. I know not one man on the block who likes her. They like him, but do not respect him.

Rochelle we don't want your boy, we like are MEN.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
March 1, 2008, 7:38 am CST

DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR JOHN

Quote From: dreamer123_07

Rochelle, Rochelle, Rochelle! Be careful what you wish for! Asking someone to take your husband????? You are a mean spirited woman without a conscience! It's no wonder that your husband has so many hobbies, he needs to get away from YOU! Love, happiness and marriage is a 2 way street. It's not your way or the highway. You make him happy and he THEN in return will make you happy! I feel sorry for your husband John and I pray that he gets the strength to get away from your controlling, border line mentally abusive ways. Your beating him down mentally and you know it! He CAN do better than you! You have just beat him down so much that he stays with you, kinda like an abused woman would do. You seemed mad about the "COMMENTS" people made after the last show???? Well,,, why did you put yourself out here again? Not very smart for a woman that seems to think she is so much better and smarter than the world.

John, you are a very good looking, seem to be very sweet man. Too sweet if you ask me. If I wasn't married, I would be jumping on Dr.Phil.com just to meet you. YOU DESERVE BETTER!!! There is a woman out there that will treat you like the deserving man that you are. You need to get a woman that will be an equal partner with you. Rochelle claims to be your wife, when in all actuality your just her slave. She offered you to any other woman out there? How humiliated you must have been. When are you going to wake up and realize that you are better than the likes of her???   
John is where John wants to be, We all know women who are just like John and one so called man, KEPT. Rochelle does what she knows she can. Rochelle makes the money and he sells himself for it, if John could make the money Rochelle does he wouldn't stay, so if there is any women out there that makes good money or more money then Rochelle and wants a boy toy and is younger then Rochelle and injoys the toys John does you must post, Rochelle has put her man on the block, a challenge, to women out there like her, let the bidding start, Man for sale

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
March 1, 2008, 7:47 am CST

02/29 Follow-Ups

Quote From: wallster

One quick line,   Do look up this nice Canadian lady..  you can find my profile on www.Date.ca or American singles.  my Profile name is VerySelective62 .   You look so much like my Ex that I was engaged to,  that broke my heart..   Ps. Grow the Goatee Back.. you look so good with it..   also,  money means very little to my ..  No Gold digging here..  Thanks for sharing your story... Val : )

NO MONEY, JOHN WON'T APLY WAVE MORE CASH AND LITTLE RESPECT  HE MIGHT THINK ABOUT IT

HE'S A KEPT MAN

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
March 1, 2008, 8:02 am CST

02/29 Follow-Ups

Quote From: misfitgirl

and i love you Dr.Phil but it seemed like you were to easy on Rochelle Dr.phil was so nice to her and never told her she was really wrong. That kind of made me wonder why? I mean this lady needs to be put in her place!

Dr. Phil has already talked to this man and knows he is a kept man, he is willing to sell his pride, and if it was a women, the same would aply. John is willing to sell himself

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
March 1, 2008, 8:26 am CST

CHALLENGE

Rochelle maybe you shouldn't be so quick to put your man on the the block, to challenge other women to aply,there are women out there who have more money and who are way younger then you, who might want your boy-toy, you might say if they can get him, they can have him, but if he is up for sale and someone buys him, that leaves you looking for a new boy toy, there is not many MEN out there that would put up with you. Think before you leap, you might have to get your own cup of coffee if he finds another women who is willing  to buy his pride,and his respect of himself. you bought it ,why can't someone else.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board