Message Boards

Messages By: ramair

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 1:46 pm CDT

"Happy" Swingers?

Sure, these swingers may seem "happy" now. But, just how "happy" will they be once they've contracted an STD from all their "swinging"? A possibility I'll bet has never occurred to that pseudo "therapist" Robyn.  By attempting to "debate" Dr Phil, she made a colossal fool of herself.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 8, 2005, 1:26 pm CDT

Diet

Quote From: sgjones

I have just started the eating plan and find that I am not always hungry for a snack.  Do I really need to eat them?
In my opinion, unless you're hungry for the snacks, there's probably no harm in not eating them. Many nutritionists recommend eating five or six times a day, three small meals and two or three snacks, to keep blood sugar at a steady level and prevent hunger that could lead to cravings and binging. You do need at least 1200 calories a day to keep your body and brain functioing properly and your metabolism from slowing down, no matter how many times you eat. If you can get your 1200 calories from three regular meals, the snacks probably aren't necessary. Or, you could eat a little less for your meals so you'll be hungry for a snack or two. Just do whatever works best for you.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2005, 2:20 pm CDT

Not to be critical of Robin, but...

it seems like she's invested so much of herself in her two sons that she hasn't developed any hobbies to fill her time now that the youngest has left for college. I've seen this happen to so many people. Those whose children have become their whole lives don't know what to do with their time once that last child has left home. And, I've seen the same thing happen to those whose job became their whole life. Once retired, they're miserable because they've never developed a hobby to pass the time. 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 18, 2005, 2:24 pm CDT

Diet

Quote From: steverel

Hello all 

I have been dieting and exercising for about 2yrs I follow Dr Phil weight loss plan and have lost 75lbs.Now i have been stuck and can't seem to lose any more,I work out 4-5 times a week.My work out are 1 hour of cardo and after 1hr of weight training.I keep my heart rate at 135-140.Im 45 years old,I want to loss another 35 pounds.Is there anyone out there that can help me lose the rest of this weight? 

Thanks 

SRR    

You may not need to lose another 35 pounds. A pound of muscle takes up much less space than a pound of fat. Meaning you could actually gain weight from building muscle, yet look slimmer. It once happened to me. I was doing a lot of heavy lifting, setting up fixtures at a new Wal Mart. After a week of this, my mother asked me how much weight I'd lost. So, I weighed. I hadn't lost a pound. Then, she suggested I try on some clothes that, the week before, had been too tight. So, I tried them on. And, they were loose! I'd slimmed down without losing any weight.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 19, 2005, 8:37 am CDT

Well, duh, Lori

Lori doesn't approach the young men, they approach her? Well, duh. She dresses provocatively and goes into "target rich" environments, places where horny young men gather, looking for a one night stand. And, it's obvious the them she's looking for the same thing. Of course, they're going to approach her, wrinkled neck and all. After all, when the lights are off...

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 22, 2005, 9:07 am CDT

08/19 Ask Dr. Phil About Sex

Quote From: queentween

Why is everyone so upset about a red dress? I love red and wear it a lot, and purple and pink and turquoise and lime green- its color- enjoy it! I will be damned if I will start wearing boring colors because I'm over 40- maybe I won't be picking up younger men, but I don't want to look like the walking dead in black and brown...... 
It isn't the wearing of the red dress. It's the motive behind the wearing if it. And, Lori stated her motive. She'd gone to the wedding wearing the red dress in hopes of finding her next one night stand.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 22, 2005, 11:19 am CDT

08/19 Ask Dr. Phil About Sex

Quote From: missjane2

Everyone is picking on Lori.  Well I don't think much of the age thing because she is fooling around and not getting married.  I think it is more having things in common and being compatible.  BUT a good idea would be to go to an amusement park and go to one of those little booths that guess your age to win a prize.  And whatever AGE they guess is a pretty good indication of how old everyone else thinks you are too.  I think Lori does look older than her boyfriend; whereas you could have a couple of the same age and the 26 year old looks older than the 52 year old because of genetics or how they take care of themselves.
 Lori's boyfriend? She doesn't have one. She's too busy going to bars and having one night stands to  have a boyfriend. Surely you don't think the young man sitting next to her is her boyfriend! That's her son. And, he's quite disgusted with her extreme sexual promiscuity.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 25, 2005, 12:59 pm CDT

08/25 Alcohol and Abuse

Steve admitted having his next drink the very same day he came home from rehab. Where did he find the bottle? At home? Did Sheila place it there just to set him up? Or, just leave it where he'd left it?  Intead of searching the house and throwing out every bottle she found? So he wouldn't be tempted? After all, she admitted to Dr Phil that one of her fears was that he'd quit drinking, leave her, and find someone else.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
September 15, 2005, 1:31 pm CDT

09/14 Season Premiere: 1,000 Women!

Quote From: stocksun

Who taught the daughter her eating habits? How pathetic it is when parents who are big and fat pick on there children who are the same. We teach in action much more than words. I know a few ppl have medical conditions, but for the most part ppl are overweight who eat too much. Go to an all you can eat bar.....who do you see there?...and who makes repeated trips to the bar? Its the overweight ppl. I am not saying it easy.....but not, many things worthwhile are!!
 When I saw that segment, I thought, well duh, Jackie, has it never occurred to you, if you want your daughter to lose weight, maybe you ought to as well. You set her a lousy example, gorging yourself to 300 pounds. You taught her lousy eating habits. So, how about setting some good ones, for a change? Why, oh why, do Jackie, and so many othes like her, wonder why their children, too, are fat? When they're just following the examples set for them?
And, I've been to many all you can eat bars. And, seen the same things you've seen. Morbidly obese people making repeated trips to the bar, making a bee line for the most fattening  items on the bar. And, what do they select at the salad bar? Mounds of mayonnaise based prepared salads. Usually pasta, pototo, and tuna saleds. Then, smothering them with ranch dressing. I can see someone pick up a plate and pretty well predict what they'll be  piling on that plate.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
September 16, 2005, 2:35 pm CDT

Smaller boobs make my life easier

Because I lost  50 pounds, thanks to following Dr phil's weight loss advice, my boobs went from 36DD to 34B. They may sag a little, when I'm not wearing a bra, but that's pretty normal for my age, 53. And, it's certainly made swimsuit shopping easier. Even though I could wear a medium bottom, an extra large top looked almost obscene on me. But, now  a mdium top covers me quite decently. No way I'd get implants and have trouble swimsuit shopping again!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board