Message Boards

Messages By: craftycorn

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
happy
September 12, 2005, 3:23 pm CDT

More Than One Way To Be Pretty

There is more than one way to be pretty.  Or ugly, or any other way of being.

As an artist, I can wear more than one face at a time.  There is my physical face, yes, with a few too many pounds and glasses.  But there are the faces aka artworks I create, which are a good deal more striking.  I also do creative writing, and create more than one character who's lives I live through the pen. Or the keyboard :>.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there is often more than one. 

It is an error to judge by what is seen by the two orbs above the nose just what you are looking at when you view another person.  In some ways, the Internet revolution is forcing us to see just a bit deeper.

Craftycorner
One of many faces.

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
September 20, 2005, 11:16 pm CDT

Kids are going home WITHOUT Mom

Quote From: zapatasred

I had one question after reading the online version. It does not say if the kids will be separated from the mother for a period of time while she gets help. The father needs help-he is afraid of her too. Remember the show with Sheila and her husband who was alcoholic? they were separated but her behavior was physically violent. This Mom is a time bomb. I wish they would take the kids away from her and maybe live with their Dad and then they can get help individually and as a family. Can she really change enough to raise these kids?  I just can't see them all going home after the show and holding hands and singing Kum-bay-yah. Please follow up on this one. Her frustrations, I don't   think she will change soon enough for these kids. They will not feel safe with her.
The kids are going home yes.  With Dad and he will have a pocket full of info.  Mom is going to get help ELSEWHERE.  Dr. Phil cannot in good consionse (pardon my spelling) send those kids home with their mother with the situation as it is.  He is a parent too.  The toxic element has been removed from this household.  The remaining three will be in counseling while Mother undergoes treatment.  Personally, I don't think the Dad really knew what to do.  Children do not come with guidebooks.  Nor do wives.

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
September 20, 2005, 11:34 pm CDT

brain imbalance

Quote From: sharig1

Why is this woman so angry?   Obviously she must have something in her thinking that sets her off this way.  But she can't possibly know the damage she is doing to her daughters.    She says she hates everybody.  Why?
When you have a brain imbalance, when your brain is not producing the right mix of chemicals,  your emotional response doesn't match the situation you are in. A person with the correct mix of brain chemestry will become mildly irritated when something annoying happens, say someone bumps into him/her.  "Oh, excuse me," then goes on his/her way.

The person with a problem gets a large dose of negative emotions dumped on him/her, and gets very outraged, feeling that the other has done this deliberately just to "mess" with him/her.  Punch. 

Two different reactions to a same situation dictated by what happens in two brains. 

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
December 15, 2005, 9:21 pm CST

Well goodie for you!

Quote From: mistyc

I would have no problem telling Michelle to her face what I have said on the message board.  I grew up in a home where my dad beat my mom almost daily and I suffer from depression, however:  I chose to deal with my problems rather than say "oh well you have to like it or lump it"   I have two little girls and I don't yell and scream at them, even when they can get on my last nerve.  My Mama is the sweetest little darling on earth and she is also a rape victim.  So don't try to feed my this load of garbage about not being able to help yourself.  These innocent children deserve so much better.I think Dr. Phil needs to give Michelle's children a voice because they are truly helpless.
 Nice to know your perfectly behaved and have no mental health issues.  It is the people who seek help who are the ones who have the courage of conviction.  Agreed, the kids are the truly helpless, but those who preach the greatness of themselves are self righteous!

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
sad
July 24, 2006, 10:07 pm CDT

diet and exercise do work BUT

Quote From: leslie2727

Who is going to be the one to tell Christie that she is obese?  I am so tired of hearing I have tried every diet and it does not work.  It is very simple.  If you consume 3000 calories and do not exercise, it shall turn into fat.  You cut back your calorie intake and exercise religiously, the weight will come off. 

I can't believe Dr. Phil did not point this out.  You are not doing Christie any favors by not pointing out diet and exercise do work. 

Medical conditions need to be ruled out.  Hormone imbalance, thyroid problems, even simple alergies can fowl even the most sensible eater's diet plan.

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2006, 1:48 am CDT

Hmmm

I wonder if the American diet...the ingredients or chemicals or what not...on the veggies as well as the donuts...are doing something to metabolisms and hormones.

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2006, 1:58 am CDT

oh really

Quote From: purplepain

Please...women are the ones with the wombs and unless they are raped they are 100% responsible for pregnancy.
 Who provides the sperm?

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
angry
August 27, 2006, 5:10 am CDT

Finally

Quote From: mnirishmom

I am not the cleanest person, I fully admit that.. I know that part of my issue was that the cleaning got too overwhelming for me. I also have learned that a major part of my lack of cleaning has to do with depression/anger, etc.....  

Once I started to deal with those issues I was able to get the kids, school and the rest of my life in order. I am not saying that my house is super clean now. It is better, a lot better. I have to have anyone ( the kids a friend or whoever) be there when I clean. They may not do anything, just be there and talk with me while I clean.  

I clean twice a week, each time it takes me two hours. The other days I do things like laundry, to get ready for the day I do a deep clean. I still hate it but now I do not live in CHAOS ( Can't have anyone over soon!).  

I know that many people are going to be annoyed by this women, I see her pain and I also see his pain.  I know that pain. The pain ( emotional) can be overwhelming. There is hope. Just do the work. 

Problems rarely come alone, they usually arrive in packs.  Mental problems are notorious for being difficult to treat and when combined with physical cause other problems such as unclean houses.  At last someone in this forum mentioned this...

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board