Message Boards

Messages By: lbsmom94

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
confused
May 29, 2008, 7:56 am CDT

The Missing Choice

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what happened to the third choice when a girl gets pregnant? I'm talking

about adoption. I had a baby when I was 17, and I gave her up for adoption. I knew I could never

provide the kind of life I had, and I knew someone out there could do better. There are so many kids

out there that are abused and grow up with low self-esteem because they were born to parents who

were too young and immature to give their children the attention they need. I met my daughter 24 years

after I gave her up for adoption. She had a good life with two wonderful parents who loved and cared

for her and she, in turn, has loved and cared for her daughter. How many kids are in foster care? And

how many of them were born to young, immature children? When I had my oldest son, I was 24 years

old. I was not ready to be a mother. I was mentally abusive to him, and verbally abusive to him. And I

have apologized to him, over and over. Don't get me wrong, I loved him, and I wasn't abusive every day.

But my ex-husband was abusive in every sense of the word, and when things were going bad between

him and I, I took it out on my son. My son and I have talked about it, and he's forgiven me, although he

doesn't think I was a bad mother. But seeing the kind of mother I am now, having matured, I realize

that I could have done much better had I waited to have kids until I was ready. Parenting is the hardest

job on the face of the earth. And it's a full-time job. And, you can't quit. Although some people do. That's

sad, all by itself.  I honestly don't believe teenagers should be having children. And why is it that parents

can be punished for bad things their kids do, but when it comes to a teenager wanting to keep a child,

the parents have no say. Are kids kids? Or are kids adults? I don't know about you, but I'm confused!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board