Messages By: carrieak

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
September 8, 2008, 3:19 pm CDT

50lbs

Hi,

My name is Carrie and I need to lose at least 50 lbs.  I am the first one here.  I hope more people come here so we can be a support for one another.  I actually started my weight loss race today ( again).  I went walking this morning and I ate right today.   Yeah  DAY 1.  One day at a time.  Please join me.  Take Care, Carrie

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 9, 2008, 7:56 pm CDT

Congrats

Quote From: littlepist

Hi.   When Dr. Phil first introduced his book (The Ultimate Weight Solution)  with his primetime special I was laying flat on my back in ICCU.   Everything he and Katie Curic said made sense and as soon as I was released I bought the book.   I proceeded to lose over 100 pounds by stopping diets and following his 7 keys.  I've maintained that loss since and now am ready to start fresh so that I can lose the last 50-60 I need to lose now. 

Once doing that I will see about having excess skin removed due to health reasons.  And happily am told by my MD that insurance will cover it.   So I'm here to join and hope to find some continued support as well as give support to others.  We may be small in numbers, but we can be big in success.

Char

Hi everyone,
     Wow -is right Arlene-that Char lost 100 lbs.  Congrats.  I have also lost over 100 lbs over a period of several years and  several different times of yo yo dieting- take off 10 put 15 on.  I want to change that and be like Char and keep it off.  I am so excited to start this with all of you.  I think we can do this if we stay connected  and reach out to one another.
          Day two for me- walked 2 miles, eat right but had a little disappointment when I got home from the grocery store.  I am from an extremely small town.  Our local store does not get quality produce.  I thought I looked over the fruit I bought but not good enough.  Got home, I had moldy grapes and rotten watermelon. It was enough for me to give up!!!!  Just kidding.   Stay strong  and talk to you tomorrow.  Take Care, Carrie

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 10, 2008, 9:22 pm CDT

Working through pain

Quote From: mtnheart06

I am a 43 yr  old mom of 2 boys 12 & 10.  I weigh 220 and am 5'6.  I got divoreced a couple  years ago, and wanted to look so hot when I turned 40, not I find I have re-evaluated that to look hot by 50!  I found myself watching Dr. Phils first weight loss special while eating a brownie and cola !!  I want to be thin and lose the weight in my head, but don't make myself do it. Like right now, I know the dog would love to walk but I ave dinner to make and have to go to work etc... all perfect sabotaging excuses.  I need HELP !!!!  I need you all to help encourage me to get off the couch, eat right and get active!
I get winded so easy, my legs hurt from knee arthritis, and I have a lower back injury from a car accident that causes me pain, but rather than push thru the pain I use it as an excuse, it hurts to much to move !  I also work nights 7p-7a, and dinner is what I bring.  I bring a salad, but have someone run out for taco bel at 2am becaseu I'm still hugry after a salad! 
Then I sleep all day, get up at 3pm, and start eating junk, then eat dinner with my kids before work @5pm, and then eat again @3am.  God help me if there is chocolate at work !!

Please help me, be a buddy and lets do this.  I want to lose 50 pounds.

Hi,  You sound alot like me.  I have back pain and knee pain, I know it is from being over weight.  So sorry to hear about your car accident. I can't imagine that kind of pain.  I do take inspiration from my 23 year old daughter. About a year and a half ago she was driven over by a pick up.  She broke her back in three places and tore every ligament and tendon in her back, she underwent a 10 hour surgery, they use her own rib to brace up her spinal cord, a cage, pin and rods were all put into place. She lives with lots of pain every day.  She has lost about 30 lbs and has kept it off.  She exercises every single day, no excuses like her MOM. I am so proud of her and need to start emulating her.  She has expressed concern about my weight and is worried about me.  I am so selfish in not losing the weight because I should not be giving my family anymore to worry about. I hope with exercise it may help your pain but don't do anything that would hurt you more. Maybe ask a doctor. Good luck and we can do this.  Take Care Carrie

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2008, 8:29 am CDT

Jeans

Quote From: arlene210

Hey Ellahni,

I am very excited to be a part of this challenge.... Lets try to get to our first milestone together....

A friend of mine once said to me " Nothing tastes as sweet as thin feels" .... When you are staring at that icecream it is tough to focus on a goal that is months away ... so for me I am going for that Halloween goal as if it make me fit into those skinny jeans that I keep but have not been able to get into for 10years (ya ya they are WAY out of style but that doesnt matter at all I would wear them anyway if they would fit)  I am going to celabrate that win ... for me smaller steps will be much easier.

Good luck to you Ellahni ..... What is your first goal if you dont mine me asking .... keep me posted I want to celabrate with you...

Arlene

Hi Arlene,

It is funny, I have the same goal as you, as far as the jeans go.  What is sad  is I have only one pair of jeans because I refuse to buy any new ones being the size I am. My 1 and only  pair jeans  are my  first ( i have several goals)goal jeans too and are very out of style but we can be out of style together and be proud if we can get into them. Ok, lets shoot for Halloween and scare the fashion police on that day, lol, Take Care, Carrie

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2008, 8:38 am CDT

Bike ride

Quote From: joannemrich

Hi Carrie,

after reading your message about being the first one, I wanted to join up too!  I'm not sure how all this works but, I thought I would give it a try.  I know what you mean about, "starting again,"  as I also need to lose at least 50 lbs again!!!  However, this time I would love to keep it off :) After reading all these msgs. I think I have enough motivation to go for a bike ride now so thanks!!!!  Keep in touch.....and GOOD LUCK everyone!!!!! 

Hi Joanne,
I love bike riding even if I don't own one. We live on a farm and have gravel roads so bike riding is tough due to the gravel and also the hills so I do walking. But when I visit my daughter I am going to use her bike and go for a ride. Thanks for the idea. I have to remember to fit exercise into my day besides walking, such as playing ping pong, dancing to 70's music( guess how old I am) and of course housecleaning, I actually can break a sweat doing that. We have to keep chipping away at that 50 lbs one day at a time-little by little.  Rome was not built in a day.  Take Care, Carrie

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2008, 9:06 am CDT

Hi Neighbor

Quote From: annie_bananie

Hi everyone!! My name is Anne and I'm here because it is time for my husband and I to each loose about 50lbs and get healthy!!! We have an 11month old son who is the love of our lives. I know this is going to be such a wonderful change for us. I want my son to grow up on healthy meals and fresh veggies, not McD's and other fast food restaurants. This is going to be such an exciting journey for us all....here's to becoming a LOSER!!!!!!!! Good luck everyone!!!!

Hi Annie,

I am from ND. Have two daughters in Minn.  Both of them had two baby girls this summer, so I became a grandmother for the first time.  I told my self when they were preganet  I was not going to be a fat grandmother, guess what?  I am.  There are a ton of pics of me and the those sweet little honey bunnies.  Me being a big a life.  I am going to change that,  By the time my grandchildren are walking I want to be 50 lbs lighter so when they are talking they don't have to refer to me as the chubby grandma. Congrats on your son, I bet you are a wonderful MOM.  Enjoy every second. And stay being a loser and I will do the same.  Take Care, Carrie

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 6, 2009, 3:12 pm CDT

Tammy

Quote From: shannylee

What a selfish woman--I think she's on the show to get attention for herself----Her daughter chose the hopeful emotion and that "mom" let her have it. I feel sorry for Davia.
Tammy,

You are the bitch!!!!!!!!!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board