Messages By: flamingopoop

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
hopeful
September 10, 2008, 8:43 am CDT

I'm Ready!!!!

Hello All ~~~

I'm Patti, 53 and weigh 229.  Need to lose about 94 pounds.  I have 2 children, a son 33, and daughter 13.  Weighed 150 when I gave birth to her and 8 months later gained 30 pounds,  Yo-Yo dieted for the next NINE years resulting in a net gain of 20 more pounds - the big 200. Then I hurt my back at work and was out on workman's comp for the next two years - gained YET another 29 pounds.  At this rate, I will explode by the time I'm 60!!!

The time is NOW!!!  I look forward to having all of you as a support group and will do my part to support you, but make no mistake, as per Dr. Phil's "Are You Ready?" questionnaire, (question #15),  I am willing to talk straight about what I am doing, and not fool myself into thinking that anyone else can do this for me but me.  So, let's get REAL and let's get REAL BUSY!!!!  WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
hopeful
September 10, 2008, 9:14 am CDT

LOSERS DON'T MAKE EXCUSES!!!

Okay Ladies, here's my take on this:

LOSERS DON'T MAKE EXCUSES!!!!

We are all LOSERS ( of weight, of course, what did you think I meant??  LOLLLLL  )

We have all scientifically proved that sitting on our dead butts just isn't cutting it.  It's all about moving, heating up those muscles and breaking a sweat.  Sometimes you just have to get creative.

Everyone of us goes to the grocery store....when you get that cart loaded, don't head for the checkout!!!  Take five fast laps around the parameter of the store!!!!  Pretend you are playing supermarket sweepstakes!!!!

Got stairs in your house?  Climb them.  Ten trips up and down in a row, as fast as is comfortable to you.

Sitting on the couch watch Dr Phil?  Grab 2 big cans of soup or baked beans and do arm curls....

Any movement is a good thing.  Repetitive movement is a GREAT thing!!!

Come on, as soon as you read this, get up and DO SOMETHING!!!   I have faith in you!!!

Remember!!!!   LOSERS DON'T MAKE EXCUSES!!!!

Please share any other tips ya'll might have!!!

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
hopeful
September 10, 2008, 9:15 am CDT

LOSERS DON'T MAKE EXCUSES!!!

Okay Ladies, here's my take on this:

We are all LOSERS ( of weight, of course, what did you think I meant??  LOLLLLL  )

We have all scientifically proved that sitting on our dead butts just isn't cutting it.  It's all about moving, heating up those muscles and breaking a sweat.  Sometimes you just have to get creative.

Everyone of us goes to the grocery store....when you get that cart loaded, don't head for the checkout!!!  Take five fast laps around the parameter of the store!!!!  Pretend you are playing supermarket sweepstakes!!!!

Got stairs in your house?  Climb them.  Ten trips up and down in a row, as fast as is comfortable to you.

Sitting on the couch watch Dr Phil?  Grab 2 big cans of soup or baked beans and do arm curls....

Any movement is a good thing.  Repetitive movement is a GREAT thing!!!

Come on, as soon as you read this, get up and DO SOMETHING!!!   I have faith in you!!!

Remember!!!!   LOSERS DON'T MAKE EXCUSES!!!!

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
September 10, 2008, 9:24 am CDT

**Ohio: Canton-Walking buddy wanted

Hey Girl!!!

I live in Perry too!!!!  And near Petros Park!!!  Want to get together???  I could use a walking buddy!!!

Patti

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
happy
September 10, 2008, 2:39 pm CDT

Welcome Everyone!!!

Welcome to everyone who posted since l last posted this morning!!!  Isn't this EXCITING!!!!  We are at a great crossroad in our lives, actually, we're ONE STEP BEYOND because we made a decision to do something!!! 

Dr Phil always says we can't change what we don't acknowledge, and since we've all made a personal acknowledgment regarding our need to lose weight, we have crossed the biggest hurdle ~~~ the mental one!!!

More and more people will be joining our forum in the next week or so which is a VERY GOOD thing!!!  We really need each other because no one, and I mean NO ONE can understand what we are going through.  Our family and friends love us, but unless they are one of us (100 pounders), they don't have a full understanding of our mental angst, our aches and pains, our fears, our humiliations, our health issues, etc, etc, etc.....

Timing is everything!!!  The planets have aligned for me!!  I'm out of town on a business trip (4hrs from home) ~ to open a new center for my corporation and we can't get a certificate of occupancy.....long story short, I was sitting in my hotel room this morning and caught the Dr Phil show at 10:00am, (it comes on at 5:00pm at home).  I was able to hop on my PC and join this wonderful journey!!!  Good news/bad news is at the conference call this afternoon we discovered it will be another 3 weeks before permits can be obtained to open the center (bad news) but the GOOD NEWS is that I get to go home!!!  I have Dr Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss Solution book at home and can't wait to leave tomorrow to start (re) reading it.  I got stuck on one of the 7 Keys, can't remember now which one, but remember it was because I had come across something that was uncomfortable for me to deal with.  So I put the book down.

I'm here to tell you ladies (and gents if we get any!!!)  I'm ready to deal with whatever that issue was this time around.  I'M GETTING REAL!!!  I'll probably need you all to help me over that hurdle, but this time, I'm not going to be afraid or ashamed to ask for that help!!!  We are in this together, and we all have issues.  I'm just asking you to all to not be afraid to put yourselves out here.  We need each other.  I'm here for all of you.  I work full time, but will be here as often as possible.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Patti

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
September 10, 2008, 3:06 pm CDT

FOR LINDA

Linda, one possible reason for your plateau (stall) is that you aren't eating!!!!  Your body is saving fat because it doesn't know where it's next meal will be coming from!!!!  It's burning your muscle instead.

Girlfriend, you HAVE to eat!!!  You have got to get that metabolism fired up again!!! 

Do you have Dr Phil's "The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution?"  If not, you really, REALLY need to get it and work those 7 steps!!!

We're here for you!!!

Patti

(PS ~ soft drinks are NOT your friend!!!!)

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
September 10, 2008, 6:08 pm CDT

Practicing What I Preach!!

I'm out of town on a business trip that was canceled today.  Heading home tomorrow.  Packed all my stuff except my PC, PJ's, toothbrush and a change of clothes for tomorrow.

I HAULED 3 SUITCASES DOWN 6 FLIGHTS OF STAIRS IN THREE TRIPS AND TOOK THE STAIRS UP EACH TIME!!!!

I think I'm gonna die!!!  My Aleve in in my suitcase....down in the rental.....what the hell was I thinking????

I'm gonna take a long hot soak and hope I can haul my fat fanny out of the tub!!!!

Remember:  LOSERS DON'T MAKE EXCUSES!!!

(but I'll pay for this in the morning....)  LOLLLLLL

Patti

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
September 10, 2008, 6:46 pm CDT

No Worries

Quote From: daredes

I am not sure what I am supposed to do.  Are we going to get specific instructions from someone on the show as to what to do and when?  Or are we supposed to wing it by the book?  I currently weigh 235 lbs and need to be at or around 150 lbs, I know that's less than 100lbs, but it's more than 50lbs, and I think closer to 100, so here I am.  Where do I go from here?

This is all very new to all of us.  Today is the first day on the board and everyone is joining and getting to know each other.  There are no rules.  Yet.  Might not be.  Dr. Phil is sly like that though!!!  LOLLLLL

Keep watching Dr. Phil as the Race continues.  I'm sure some instruction will be divulged later.  If not, we'll self govern/police/motivate/do whatever it takes to support each other and WIN THIS RACE!!!!

First thing, get Dr. Phil's "The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution" and read it.  Work the 7 Keys, prepare yourself.  Purge your pantry, drink your water... have to make a plan and work it.  We are here for support and to help through the tough times, of which there will be many... this is a journey, not a destination.  This is a life long life style change.  After we meet goal, there will be maintenance.....

Today is the first day on the journey.  Hang with us!!!!  We'll get there!!!!!

Patti

'

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
September 11, 2008, 6:30 am CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: piglet101

Hi my name is Mary. I am 225lbs, 5'4" tall. . I have been off work because of depression and PTSD  for 18 months. I worked hard for 26 years, 50-80 hours/week. .I am joining this challenge to become healthier, both physically and mentally. When I was a little girl I was very overweight. When I left home for university I lost a lot of weight and maintained the weight loss for over 20 years(I was a size 8 and am now a size 20). I gained back all of my weight when the doctors started treating me for depression with medication. I no longer want to use the pills as an excuse for eating, I really do want to get my life back, just having a difficult time even getting out of bed sometimes. I am an educated person and usually a very logical person, but for some reason I can not find the motivation or the energy to lose the weight. I watch Dr Phil everyday and I believe him to be a no nonsense man. I know I have internal dialogue that tells me I am worthless and not worth knowing. I am trying but not very successfully to overcome the years of physical and mental abuse. I was able to hide my pain for 46 years very successfully, but now I am paying the price for suppressing those feelings. Sometimes I just wish I was a little girl and someone would hold me and tell me I am worth knowing and they would love me the way I am. I have managed to lose contact with my 3 brothers and their families, as well as my mother and father. They have not been able to speak to me for a long time because I have succeeded in becoming the failure they always told me I was. I find the space I am comfortable in is getting smaller and smaller. I very rarely go outside and am anxious when having to deal with make decisions(even what to have for supper). I realize I am carrying a lot of baggage and maybe this isn't for me, but I would like to try it. I want to commit to walking for 20 minutes every day to start with. If I can do this I know I would be on my way. I am sorry if I made anyone feel sad, but it feels good to share the burden, I hope no one minds. I will try my very best not to mention anymore personal demons, and put my energy into losing the weight and feeling better about myself.  I wish all of you success in your weight loss goals. Hugs to all. I hope I can find a weight loss group on here that will encourage me to keep living.

Hi Mary!!!  My heart absolutely goes out to you!!!  I have much to say but would prefer to do it privately.  Will you please drop me a quick little "hello" at cobwebrx@yahoo.com?  I am traveling home from a business trip today, but promise to write you tonight when I get home.

You are my same height, but I out weigh you by 4 lbs!!  I don't consider myself a piglet and don't want you to either...We are sooooooo much better than that!!!  I'll be your diet buddy and together we can do this!!!

Patti

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
September 11, 2008, 7:03 am CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips…

Quote From: kellybel1

OK....I feel down right  LAZY!!  I HATE to exercise!!  I do not work but I have acces to a full gym and swimming pool directly across the street at NO CHARGE!!!   Daily, I think I will go for 30 minutes but I DON'T go.....I do NOT know how to get myself motivated or how to STAY motivated!!  I have started great workout programs in the past only to quit after a month!!!   Exercise is sooooo boring, I don't know how to make it fun!! 

PLEASE, are there any tips to get my lazy butt motivated? 

Good Luck to EVERYONE!!!  Hugzzzzzzzz

It's a mindset, girlfriend!!!  I lugged suitcases down 6 flights of steps last night and thought I was gonna die!!!!  I tried to talk myself out of making the second trip down as I was huffing and puffing back up the steps from the first trip down, and thought, "naw....I can do this!!!"  I was smart enough to take the heaviest one first....Second trip down wasn't so bad and I congratulated myself the whole way for taking the heaviest first.  Then, on the second trip back up I told myself I'd reward myself for the first two trips by taking the elevator.  Felt ashamed, I had carried 2 big honkin' suit cases and was going to take the elevator for a cosmetic bag and bag of laundry????  Made no sense...took the steps....thought I'd be a wreck today, but to my surprise, I only feel pride in my accomplishment.

Mindset and self talk...You have to replace the negative thoughts with the positive ones.  You have to be your own best cheerleader!!!

I'll tell you what....you have the pool and gym right across the street.  So why don't you get your lazy butt off the couch, put on your tennies, and walk over there.  Hit the door with you hand and walk back home.  There!  You've moved, put muscles in motion!!!  Tomorrow, do the same thing, but go inside and walk around the whole place and scope it out.  Next day, bring a sweat towel and jump on a treadmill.  If you can't make the plunge, take baby steps.  Everyday do a little more.

I really do think most of us are afraid of success, I know I am, and I'm my worst saboteur!!!  When I see a big change in me it scares me and I revert back into my comfort zone.  Somehow we have to find out why we do that, then get beyond it.

Come on, Kiddo!!!!  YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Patti

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board