Message Boards

Messages By: trueakitalover

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 10, 2008, 8:32 am CDT

Hi I am Shannon

I watched the show this morning and I am really ready to stop this insanity that is going on in my head right now.  I need to loose weight and to keep it off.  I lost my mom back on 9-9-06 and I almost lost my dad back on 8-15-07 and I stopped using drugs this year I have 4 months clean right now.  I am doing a 12 step program with that right now.  Please help me!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
sad
November 13, 2008, 8:35 am CST

I can identify with about half the people there!

Dr. Phil,

I want to thank you very much for having this get real retreat.  I am currently in recovery myself for my addiction to drugs and alcohol.  My pain is a long time of childhood traumas.  I am the baby of the family, I have three older sibling's from my mom.  My mom was manic-depressive bi polar.  So she was in and out of the hospital a lot when I was younger.  I have never really accepted that she tried to be there for me as much as she could.  When I was 4 years old I was molested by two teenager boys in the neighborhood.  I never told anyone till I got older.  I have not dealt with this yet either.  I started drinking and doing drugs at 13 years old.  I am now 32 years old.  My mom just passed away 2 years ago.  I didn't deal with that either in my life.  I ran to the drugs.  I just got my butt into recovery within the last 6 months and it is helping.  When I turned 15 my mom's health got worst and she had two open heart surgeries.  The second open heart surgery she almost died on the operating table and no one told me she had that surgery.  I was told after the surgery she might have died.  I live with this each and every day of my life.  She made it through though.  She had a stroke while in surgery and she was in the hospital for 72 days.  She made a recovery, then she came home and my dad had said he wanted a divorce.  I was homeless for a point in my life cause of my addiction.  When I came back home it was then that my mom left to go live in Ohio.  She finally did come home 1 year before her death.  I had to be her caretaker most of the time.  I am so full of guilt at times it is not something I share.  I understand each one of these people's own stories cause I can identify with myself.  I have my grandmother now from my mom's side who acts as if I don't exist at times.  I am dealing with a lot of crap right now at once.  But I just Thank God for my family in recovery and through my church they help me get through all of this stuff I have in my life.  This is really hard for me to put out like this.

Thanks for letting me share,

S.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board