Message Boards

Messages By: naaj15

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
September 10, 2008, 2:19 pm CDT

Need to lose about 20-25 pounds

I just watched Dr. Phil's show and he talked about joining the message boards for support, which is what I need.  I am 5'2" and currently weigh about 140 pounds.  Not obese, but definitely not where I should be/want to be.  Plus, my husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I know that extra weight can make it harder.  My highest weight was about 162 and my lowest was actually 113.  I think healthy for me would be about 115-120.  I have an unhealthy relationship with food.  I think about it ALL THE TIME.  Constantly thinking about what I'm going to eat next.  Going into the kitchen and looking in the fridge and pantry about twenty times a day.  I know what I should be eating, but my husband is 6'3" and only like 170 pounds and can eat anything he wants.  I feel bad about taking away his "snacks" just because I don't have the willpower not to eat them myself.  Also, I do not know how to cook...at all.  I really need help, advice, suggestions! 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
September 10, 2008, 2:33 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: whoamule99

i am also 50 years old and need to lose 30 pounds.  i have been on treadmill and treadclimber for 45 min a day for 1 month and hardly have lost any weight.  help

I have been doing the same thing.  And gotten the same results (or lack there of).  I know that one thing that is suggested by tons of experts is adding in strength training about 3 times a week.  I am going to be starting that this week.  Maybe it's something you might want to consider adding as well.  Good luck!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board