Messages By: azbumnit

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
September 17, 2008, 9:58 pm CDT

possible buddie...

Quote From: blseaton

Where are you?  Are you male or female??  I may be interested in partnering.

I am 32 yrs old and also live in chandler. I am female, married w/ 2 kids.  I think a buddie is a great idea because what I do know is... this is not going to be easy and having someone to go thru it with you to lift you up, encourge you/eachother & hold eachother accountable I think makes for success! What about you?

azbumnit

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
hopeful
September 18, 2008, 3:55 pm CDT

The weight has got to come off!

I am 32yrs old, I have two kids; 10 & 13, and have been married 12yrs. I weigh 175lbs right now but my goal is to weigh 115lbs. I am a little discourged starting out because I have tried so many things to lose weight, but haven't been successful YET! I don't have the book , but plan to get it soon.  One of the hardest things for me to do is wait to be hungry. I get impatient and eat anyway. Its nice to have other people with the same goal in mind & already know what your going through. Thanks for listening

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
worried
September 21, 2008, 9:38 pm CDT

Tomorrow is it!

Hello everyone. It's great to see new posts everyday! I have had a very emotional week & not much success with making good food choices. I am starting over tomorrow & will keep starting over until I get it. There is so much more to life than food!!! Now I just need to believe that and also believe in myself that it is possible to loose the weight & keep it off. Not because of a bunch of rules or do's and don'ts but because i am living from the inside out. Lord knows I can't do this alone & that it's not gonna be easy.

I am also looking for an accountability partner to help me through this journey. Any one out there in Chandler, AZ?

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
September 21, 2008, 9:59 pm CDT

Chandler, AZ

Any other gals in Chandler? I am looking for a buddie for support but also to walk or exercise with. I need to loose about 70lbs.  My email address is azbumnit@cox.net

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
hopeful
September 22, 2008, 11:22 am CDT

Thank You

Quote From: todayishere

You can do this. Starting over and over is tuff, but the fact that you do it ,means that you do really want to do this. Now you just have to want it bad enough to make this commitment to YOURSELF. I know all the excuses. I've been there too. YOU are worth the effort and only YOU can say I'm going to do this starting right NOW and TRUELY mean it. Once you crack down on yourself , don't let up. YOU CAN DO THIS! Prooving that to yourself will give you the best feeling you've ever had. I'm not in AZ but you have my support. I'll be watching for you progress reports.

Nancy

Florida 

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I am hopeful with the support of the message board & a lot of others struggling with the same thing...food that I can be successfully. I have decided that when the excuses bog my mind that I'm just gonna do it anyway because it's the right thing to do whether I WANT to or not!  Thanks again for the support :)

Danielle

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
anxious
September 22, 2008, 11:29 am CDT

Day 1...

Good morning! I made my goal for today of what I wanted to accomplish in my day. My goal for this weight loss challenge it to drink only water today & wait to be truly hungry. I tend to get anxious and eat too soon. When that hunger comes I am going to eat a child's size portion instead. I got on the treadmill for 35Min's this morning. I didn't want to but I did it anyway! It can't be about what I WANT anymore...that's what got me here.

WE CAN DO THIS! Have a great day all!

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
upset
September 22, 2008, 9:26 pm CDT

Day 1 & already discourged!

Well I couldn't do. I set my goals but when it came right down to making the right decisions... I crumbled! I feel defeated before I even start & that makes me feel like why even try or bother!!!

The hardest time of the day for me is 3pm till bedtime. I can't always be at the computer to read the message boards like tonight. I was at my son's baseball game. I really need an accountability partner. Someone I can call & talk to & vice versa when I feel discouraged or down or just struggling with making the right decision. Is anyone willing to be the go to gal, to build a friendship outside of the message board? I would love to do the same for you so that we can get through this together. I need help! My negative thinking is my downfall & what keeps me from getting anywhere!

Thanks

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
September 22, 2008, 9:39 pm CDT

possible buddie...

Quote From: ljsamora

Hi everyone I am excited to do the weight loss challenge. I am a women 5'1 I want to loose 40-50 pounds. I joined LA fitness for 25$ a month and if theres anyone in my area that wants to work out please let me know I would love a partner!

Hi, my name is Danielle & I live in chandler too. I am looking for someone to hold me accountable, someone that I can call when needed(within reasonable hours of coarse) & excises with when possible. Excises is no fun by yourself. I am 32yrs old, I need to lose 70lbs & am 5'1 as well.  I wouldn't be able to join La Fitness right now, but am up to getting together & meeting other places to walk or whatever. Let me know what you think.

Danielle

azbumnit@cox.net

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
confused
September 23, 2008, 1:33 pm CDT

Day 2...

First off... Thank you Nancy for the kick in the pants; as my husband would say! I need that sometimes. My constant negativity gets in the way constantly. I just have to press on towards the goal.

I woke up at 11:30am this morning. I really didn't want to get out of bed because if I'm in bed at least I'm not eating! WRONG APPROACH! I know. Now it's 1:23pm & I haven't even been downstairs. I haven't exercised or done chores or even gotten dressed.  Enough is enough, this has got to change! My goal for today is to eat a baby sized portion at lunch & dinner, to drink water & to make healthy food choices.

I just want to say to all of you out there making the right choices, making the changes necessary to improve your life & sticking with it... GREAT JOB! Keep up the good work & don't give up. It can & will only get better from here.

Have a great day everyone.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
September 23, 2008, 1:39 pm CDT

Thank you

Quote From: glo777

I love your honesty because I'm in the same boat your in last week I was all fired up after watching Dr. Phil but I didn't really change my eating habits. This 09-21-08 Sunday I said I'll start tomorrow, you know every Monday it's time to start dieting so what do I do pig out on Sunday saying this is the last time I get  to eat the way I want to. So I stuff my face eat like a maniac and only to never start on Monday  this is a abusive cycle I've been doing for years. That's why I'm in the shape I'm in and need to lose at least 40-50 lbs. to start feeling normal again. Desired goal altogether is 70-80 but just to get some of this weight would be a huge relief.

I dropped my daughter off at school and went for a walk even though I wanted to go home and take a nap I had a healthy lunch and plan to watch what I eat today.

I also need a accountability buddy and would love to encourage you when needed and perhaps build a friendship.  Because I can't do this on my own I need to be accountable to someone to. I don't have a computer so I stop in the library daily to check my e-mails you can reach me at my_redeemer_lives_777@yahoo.com if interested.  The e-mail isn't all underlined in  between each word is a underscore,  should look like this my_redeemer_lives_777   and then the @yahoo.com after,777. I usually check my e-mails early after I drop my daughter off for school look forward to hearing from you. WE CAN DO THIS THE ONLY PERSON STOPPING YOU IS YOU !!!!!

Thanks so much for stepping up. I will be sending you an email some time today.  Great job choosing to walk even though you didn't want to. That's what is is going to take to change our lives. Its so much easier to just go on doing what is comfortable and easy, but the true reward comes when we take a leap of faith and do what is right regardless how we feel about it! 

Talk to ya soon 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board