Message Boards

Messages By: afken04

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
September 26, 2008, 7:56 pm CDT

Drinking age and Teachers with Guns

Lowering the drinking age. Let's see. I am 22 years old right now and in the military. I drink quite a bit. This kind of takes me out of the loop because, well, most everyone in the military drinks a lot. Gotta get away somehow you know. Anyway, Lowering the drinking age to 18 would be a good thing in my opinion. If you are going to put the full responsibility of an adult on 18 year olds, they should be allowed to drink. An 18 year old can vote, and 18 year old can smoke, and 18 year old can legally have sex without parental consent, an 18 year old should be allowed to drink. If you allow 18 year olds to drink, to buy alcohol, they won't be so amazed by it by the time they are 21. It will be old. It won't be exciting anymore. I drank more when I was 18-20 than I do now, and I'm fine. And to the person or people who said that the legal age on a military base is 17 or 18, HA, might want to check your sources again. I'm a cop in the Air Force and we get called to the dorms ALL THE TIME and have to take in UNDER AGE drinkers (18-20 year olds) ALL THE TIME. Nice try though. ; )

Now, teachers with guns.

A lot of you are saying this is a horrible idea and they should just hire security guards or how can you trust a teacher with a gun because they could flip out one day. Well, lets see, the teacher obviously has to have a concealed carry permit. In order to get this, you need a CLEAN background, checked by the FBI, and you need annual training to keep your permit. Do any of you even know how much it costs to have hire a security guard full time? It's not pocket change. Some of you say "just call the cops." It takes cops minutes to respond when you need them in seconds. If you keep living lives as sheep, you will be treated like sheep, and eaten by wolves. And to those saying they want more gun control. Gun control only takes the guns out of law abiding citizens hands and puts more in the hands of criminals. A criminal doesn't need a concealed carry permit, and they don't need a criminal background check to buy a gun, they don't have to follow the gun laws, because they are criminals, and the laws obviously don't apply to them. If you put a ban on guns, only the guns of good people will be taken away, the criminals will still have theirs, because there is no record of them ever having them. I could go on forever about this, but frankly, anyone that believes in gun control is a hard headed and closed minded fool, at least that's what all of my experiences with them have come to. Have fun living in your dream world people. The longer you live in that fairy tale land, the shorter it's going to be there for you.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
October 2, 2008, 8:15 pm CDT

09/12 The N-Word Debate

There is a double standard. If you can't see it, you're blind. It's stupid in my opinion. It's a word. If you get offended by a word, you need to take a look at yourself. Racial terms make me laugh. Someone calls me whitey, cracker, honkey, whatever, I laugh. It's just stupid.Get over it people.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
October 6, 2008, 11:16 am CDT

09/19 School Controversies

Quote From: mandeej

I am not a drinker. Even when I was a little younger, I never really got into the whole drinking game. I believe that drinking responsibly can be achieved with any age 18+. I'm not endorsing it because the number speak volumes as far as accidents involving underage drinking. I just think it is plain stupid that at 18, a person is deemed old enough to die for their country but not old enough to take a drink. I

Thank you.

Some how, when I was 18 I was trustworthy enough to be issued a loaded machine gun with 800 spare rounds of ammo, or an M4 with 203 grenade launcher attached and a vest of HE (high explosive) grenades, and even vote for the next leader of our country, but couldn't be trusted to drink responsibly. There's something wrong with that in my eyes.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
October 15, 2008, 6:22 pm CDT

Just started watching this

I'm stationed in Belgium and they are showing this on the American Forces Network (AFN) right now. It just started, but this is really interesting. I'll post back later after I see the whole show.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
October 15, 2008, 7:05 pm CDT

10/16 "Who Am I?"

That was a pretty crazy show. It sounds like something out of a movie. I didn't even know this kind of thing actually happened. It's kind of odd that he's been missing for 4 years and no one has claimed him too. And abouy Holly. That's a pretty crazy condition also. It's hard to imagin what it would be like to not have any visual memory. Hmm, weird stuff.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
chillin'
November 18, 2008, 6:00 pm CST

My opinion on salvia/ drugs in general

Here's my opinion on the whole salvia issue or drugs in general.

If someone wants to do it, whatever, it's not hurting me, it's not hurting you. Why should we ban substances that people are going to get weather they are legal or not? Making it illegal to drive or operate heavy machinery or to be in possion of a firearm while under the influence, sure. Make the concequences very harsh. Because when someone under the influence is behind the wheel or behind the trigger, that would obviosly be a very dangerous situation to not only the person under the influence, but others as well. So yea, make the concequences a lot harsher. Maybe they should focus more on teaching about drug abuse in school with FACTUAL INFORMATION, not the propaganda that fills the drug education kids are getting now. But banning substances/ making them illegal is just ignorant. People still get crack, people still get meth, people are still going to get salvia.

And the Darwin award goes to....exactly, that guy. It's not hurting me, it's not hurting you. It's only hurting the stupid person that's doing it. Survival of the fittest is not just a saying. It's reality.

People have the right to do salvia, and should have the right to do other drugs. You also have the right to dislike that. But remember, your rights end where that persons rights begin.

The End

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
November 18, 2008, 6:36 pm CST

11/11 Risky Teen Behavior

Quote From: afken04

Here's my opinion on the whole salvia issue or drugs in general.

If someone wants to do it, whatever, it's not hurting me, it's not hurting you. Why should we ban substances that people are going to get weather they are legal or not? Making it illegal to drive or operate heavy machinery or to be in possion of a firearm while under the influence, sure. Make the concequences very harsh. Because when someone under the influence is behind the wheel or behind the trigger, that would obviosly be a very dangerous situation to not only the person under the influence, but others as well. So yea, make the concequences a lot harsher. Maybe they should focus more on teaching about drug abuse in school with FACTUAL INFORMATION, not the propaganda that fills the drug education kids are getting now. But banning substances/ making them illegal is just ignorant. People still get crack, people still get meth, people are still going to get salvia.

And the Darwin award goes to....exactly, that guy. It's not hurting me, it's not hurting you. It's only hurting the stupid person that's doing it. Survival of the fittest is not just a saying. It's reality.

People have the right to do salvia, and should have the right to do other drugs. You also have the right to dislike that. But remember, your rights end where that persons rights begin.

The End

Oops, when writing the part about the Darwin award, I was thinking about the "chocking or passing out game." Yea, if you're stupid enough to do that, you deserve what happens to you. It's really that simple people.

And to add to the drug issue.

Someone already said it, but I'll say it again. Why do you people want the government to control your lives so much? The government can't take anything that you won't give them. And you're giving them all of  your freedoms with ease at an alarming rate, as well as mine. And, frankly, I don't want to lose my rights, so stop giving them away. You are the people that make the "criminals" that we have today. Give yourselves a big pat on the back. You're doing America a great service. You should be proud to throw your money at the government and prison system. I know I thank you all very much every day for giving MY money away, I don't know about anyone else, but I thank you.

PS. Sarcasm for you dense people out there, which there seems to be a lot of by the way.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
January 15, 2009, 1:25 pm CST

Guns and ignorant/ ill-informed people

First off, I could only stand to read the first 3 pages of responses on this topic. In those 3 pages, I am very happy and also very surprised to see so many people speaking up for their 2nd Amendment rights. It seems like just a few months ago there would only be one or two people out there doing this, but for one reason or another, things are starting to look up on this issue.

That being said, there were also numerous people speaking out against guns and speaking up for harsher gun laws. To put it plainly, this makes no Fing sense whatsoever. Now, I won't say that "guns don't kill people, people kill people" because that's been said more ways than one, and for some reason the anti-gun advocates still don't get it. What I will say in place of this has also been said, but I think if you hear it enough, it may start to sink in a little. If you place a ban on "assault weapons" or any guns for that matter, or if you want harsher gun laws, it will only make it harder for the law abiding citizens to get them, and will put more guns in the hands of the criminals. Criminals DO NOT obey laws. Criminals DO NOT obey GUN laws. Therefore, if you tighten GUN laws, you are giving the bad guy a major advantage, and you're taking rights and inevitably lives, away from law abiding citizens.

I really don't understand how or why you people think that banning guns will just make them disappear. This is not how it works. Do you know how many guns are illegally manufactured? Do you have any idea how many guns are already in the hands of the public? A ban does not mean that someone comes to my house and takes my guns. A ban means, you can no longer buy these guns at gun stores. A ban on guns will not stop individual sales of firearms, and it sure as hell won't stop criminals from getting their hands on them. You know, I could be wrong, but aren't DRUGS banned? I believe they are, and wouldn't you know it, somehow people still get them. Weird, I know.

I know, it's a hard truth for you anti-gunners to wrap your minds around, but it is the truth weather you like it or not.

I guarantee you 100%, if someone in the mall had been carrying at the time of this shooting, the results would have been completely different, and the odds would have weighed a lot better for the good guys.

Alright, I'm done. I know this won't get through your thick heads anyway.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
January 22, 2009, 8:30 pm CST

01/15 Rage Caught on Tape

I can relate to the 13 year old kids story. It seems like my childhood was just like his. At least when watching the show, that's what I was thinking. Always got yelled at by my dad (actually stepdad who adopted me when I was like 5 or something.) Always tried to push his buttons, and succeded 99% of the time. Not doing homework. Ignoring things he told me to do. Yea, that was me. He'll be fine.

I can also relate to Isabella a lot also. I could see myself in her. In more than one way if you catch my drift....she's freakin sexy, wow. ANYWAY, yea, ever since I joined the military the rage in me has come out. I always speak my mind, and I don't care who hears it, or if someones feelings are hurt in the process, and I don't think it's a bad thing. Yea, it might get me in trouble, but I really don't care. I would rather speak my mind and get in trouble than sit there like a little (term for female dog) and take peoples BS. I think the reason the rage came out in me finally is because I guess I was always pushed around as a kid. Not beat up or anything, but just picked on and stuff. Another reason I think is because I REALLY hate my job, and I regret doing what i'm doing all the time. I think my rage and overall attitude is based on those 2 main things. BUT, like I said earlier, that's who I am now, and I don't see a problem with it. No one is going to push me around anymore, I'm not afraid to speak my mind or stick up for myself anymore.

And like someone said earlier, her husband didn't seem like the right kind of guy for her. That dude seemed like a little pansy from what little they showed of him or what little he had to say during the show. If only I could find a woman with her attitude and looks (because they do matter even if people say they dont), I would be in heaven. Wow....

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
January 26, 2009, 5:11 pm CST

Step parents don't love their step kids?

I find it pretty amusing that you people are saying that step dads don't love their step children. Reason being, I have a step dad, and he's done more for me than my real father. I actually haven't seen my real father in over 18 years. My step dad has been there the entire time. I'd like to know where you got your statistics from...because I don't think you have any basis for your beliefs.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board