Message Boards

Messages By: tkkmris

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
ecstatic
August 20, 2005, 9:02 pm CDT

I haven't posted in a long time

I all. My husband and I have been having great sex. I think my losing some weight has helped out a lot. We are trying different things and having a lot more sex than we used to. I am so happy that our sex drives are slowly getting back to the way they were when we were dating. We had great sex in those days. Pal how have you been? Long time no talk. Take care all. I have to get ready for work.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
happy
August 20, 2005, 9:11 pm CDT

Hi Jenna

Quote From: alone86

i'm not sure if anyone from the old board is going to be on again, but i hope so. i would be very sad if i didn't have anyone to talk to.  if anyone reads this please reply so i know someone else is here. thanks. jenna
 I am from the old board to. I haven't been on in a long time so to see the new board is a little bit confusing but I am getting the hang of it. I lost two boys. Thomas would have been 7 years old on the 22nd of July and Kyle would have been 6 years old on the 24th of June. They are my little angels. And I miss them dearly. I'll be around. I have to get ready for work now so I'll be here tomorrow.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
January 12, 2006, 12:32 pm CST

You are not a freak.

Quote From: justweird

I won't bother getting into what happened to me because I'll just get too upset anyway. I don't remember just about anything before the age of 11, but what I do remember is vile. I'll leave it at that.  I have post traumatic stress, severe anxiety, and dissociative identity disorder. I've been in therapy for years. It actually took several years for the DID/MPD to be diagnosed, and another couple of years for me to accept that diagnosis. I had no idea before then.   

I can't go anywhere or do normal things. I'm jealous of people who take for granted their freedom to go places without fear. I can't have anyone behind me. I always have to be able to see an exit, and that exit has better not be blocked or else I feel trapped.  I can't stand to be touched, so I avoid doctors unless I am deathly ill. I've needed certain medical tests for a long time, and I shudder to think about them, let alone actually get them done. Certain sights, smells and sounds are triggering also. The only way to avoid freaking out (having flashbacks and/or abreactions) in public, is to just not go anywhere if I can help it. Earplugs are my best friend.  

I can't tell anyone what I am dealing with because nobody understands.  I can count on one hand the number of people who know about my diagnosis, and that includes my shrinks, my doctor, my boss, and my son. Nobody else knows what a freak I really am.  

You are not a freak. I may not know what your diagnosis is but I to have been abused as a child by my stepmother. She to was mentally, physically and verbally abusesive. Just take it one day at time. And keep talking about it. It will get easier as time goes by. But you need to keep talking about it to people who understand. I hope that one day you will feel better and you are in my thoughts and my prayers. S.K.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
January 12, 2006, 12:45 pm CST

Thank you

Quote From: jeandeb

Hi there everybody, 

I am a South African and I was physically, verbally and emotionally abused by my stepmother when I was a child.  I was also sexually abused by three of her brothers (between age 7 - 11).  Whilst stil a child I supressed all the feelings and never spoke about the abuse.  I only once tried to tell my stepmother about the sexual abuse and she gave me a terrible beating and told everybody that I was a whore and started sleeping around when I was 7!  Thereafter I never approached anybody for help.  When I got married and had my first child I suffered from depression and the Dr thought that it was "post partem" depression (baby blues).  I fell pregnant again soon after my daughter was born, resulting in the age difference between my two daughters being only 11 months.  Thereafter the depression really set in!  At one stage, after hitting my youngest daugther, I realised that something was amiss and that I did not want to hurt my children.  I once again went to see a doctor and he prescribed anti-depressants for "post partem" depression.  A week after my 30th birthday I had a nervous breakdown and my GP admitting me to a mental clinic for a period of three weeks.  There I received treatment for post traumatic stress disorder due to the childhood abuse.   

After leaving the clinic, I divorced my abusive husband.  Thereafter I married a wonderful man and we are still happily married.  During 2000, after a very scary nervous breakdown, my husband suggested that I see his psychologist.  I was very skeptical as the previous treatments did not help at all, if anything they worsened the problem.   

Well, was I in for a suprise.  At the first consultation, after listening to my story the psychologist asked me whether I could forgive my abusers.  I looked at her as if she was crazy and told her that nothing in the world would or could make me forgive them!  She calmly looked at me and said the following:  "Well Jeanette, in that case you have just wasted an hour of my time.  If you are not willing to even think about forgiveness then I can't help you.  I am not willing to treat you any further."  I was stunned!!!!  I got up to leave, turned around and said:  "Please help me to be able to forgive them."  I have not looked back since.   No more nightmares, no more fears, no more being scared of the dark.  For the first time in many, many years I could go to sleep with all the lights turned off - total darkness. 

My psychologist taught me that if God was willing to sacrifice his only SON so that I could be forgiven for all my sins and trespasses, who am I to not forgive people who sin against me.  I have since become an active Christian and when the next crisis in my life hit, I could handle it.   

18 months ago my two daughters told me that my mother's ex-husband (her second husband) had sexually abused them when they were 7 and 8 years old respectively.  I could calmly listen to them, assure them that it was not their fault, they did nothing wrong and that he was a mentally sick man.  Most importantly, I could stand by them and I could make rational decisions.  I ensured that they were seen by my psychologist for treatment, told my mother what her ex-husband had done, informed their father (from whom I am divorced) of the situation and did everything in my power to help them cope with what had happed to them.  I also taught them to forgive.  We decided not to go to the police as it is very difficult in South Africa to prove sexual abuse cases in our criminal courts.  It is the child's word against that of the abuser and the matter is heard in open court (open to public). Only about 25% of child abuse cases ever reach trial stage and even then the abusers are mostly found not-guilty.  So, I taught them forgiveness and I must say that I have two well-adjusted teenage daughters, who are the joy and delight of my life.   

So to anyone who still has trouble with childhood abuse demons:  FORGIVENESS, FORGIVENESS, FORGIVENESS. Once you have made the decision to forgive your abuser, speak it out loud.  You don't have to go to the abuser (go somewhere peaceful where you're on your own) - you can just say it out loud and when you pray tell God and Jesus that you have forgiven the person and ask God and Jesus to do the same.  You'll find that you feel as if all the weight of the world has been lifted from your shoulders and then you can truly get on with your life. 

I truly hope that my story will assist some of you in coping with childhood abuse. 

Your story really touched me. I sit here typing and crying. My child abuse wasn't as severe as yours and I am finding it hard to forgive the woman who hurt me. I believe God will take care of everything so I will forgiver her even though I don't think she deserves it from me. I know that she will have to face God in the end. So with you and all who read this as my witnesses Marlene I forgive you for what you have done to me and my brother and my sister and to your own children. I hope that you can ask God for forgiveness for all the sins you have made on me and my family.
Thank you again for the touching story. Yours Truly, Sheila

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board