Message Boards

Messages By: mimaindi

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
October 17, 2008, 11:03 pm CDT

Teen Talk

My name is Kelly and I am seventeen years old and a senior in high school. I have been told by a "crazy" psychologist that I have sever depression, though I have no idea when I first started being depressed. I can barely remember my childhood, and what I can remember isn't normally happy. From what I can remember, I have always tried to hide all my feelings (except happiness) from my family and friends, especially my father.

I started huring myself when I was a little kid, just little things when i relized it caused pain, though at the time I didn't relize why I liked it. I started cutting myself around my sophmore year, though I haven't recently, because I can't risk it since my parents found out. I think about cutting myself every day, along with killing myself, and how much better it would be if I was just dead.

I have trust issues, loniness, and I am quite shy. My father tried sending me to a psycologist when he found out, since he was afraid of being arrested if he did nothing. The first one my parents sent me to was a cold person who treated the person like a broken toy. After I refused to go back, they sent me to another person, and when I refused to talk to her, she told my parents that she didn't want to make me come since I didn't want to. Thankfully since then my parents have acted like nothing was ever wrong, though I do want something to make the depression stop, or at least lessen.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
October 18, 2008, 6:34 pm CDT

Teen Talk

Quote From: rebeccaanne

My biggest problem as a teen isn't a problem I have myself,

but one I have about everyone else.

I'm currently 15 and in grade 10, and everyone seems to assume they're mature.

Drugs, sex and swearing are viewed as good things, and I'm looked to as a loser because I don't engage in any of that.

Teens today really need to look at themselves and consider what they're saying before assumptions are made. Doing something stupid and irresponsible is NOT cool. Similarily, neither is claiming 'true love' at this age.

At least I aknowledge when I'm doing something irresponsible, unlike boasting about it to gain social status.

I uderstand what your saying, even the 17 and 18 year olds are still trying to find the hottest boyfriend or girlfriend, and then gossip nonstop about them, and what every the closest party is coming up. And then the day before or after, everyone is gossiping about how so and so cheated, and how so and so broke up with so and so. Then you have some people talking about sex, and the current popular drug, while using swear words for almost every other word.

I really wish there was more mature people at my school, that has a brain, who can hold a conversation about something more mature than looks, sex, boyfriends and girlfriends, drugs, and the current awesome movie.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
October 20, 2008, 6:00 pm CDT

Teen Talk

Quote From: dramaqueen143

See, I really cannot stand when people try to act all innocent. Yeah right, I'm sure you have let out a swear or two. what are ya?? Jesus?
I was saying every other word. I don't care if people swear, just when they use it way to much.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
November 18, 2008, 7:06 pm CST

Teen Talk

Quote From: coastalkid

Hey I have a question,

My name is David and I am currently dating this wonderfully amazing girl, her name is Hannah. I have great respect and I care about her a lot. The one big delima I face is that she is 15, I am 19. Is it wrong of me to be dating her?

That's great that you found an amazing girl to be with.

I'm not sure about the US as a whole, but in the state of California anyways it is illegal for anyone 18 and over to even kiss a minor. Other than that I do not think there is anything wrong for you to be dating her. I wish you luck.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board