Message Boards

Messages By: tinybird26

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 3, 2008, 11:32 am CST

what i say

Well Ive already writen this once and I dont see it on here whichmakes me upset wonder why it didnt post?...huh? wellanyway I hope this one shows up. I read one response on here that said if you dont have a child going through this you shouldnt speak on it. I agree with that a hundred percent unless you yousel hav a child going through this then no why should we exect to understand or even comprehend what these familys nd chilren are going through? Love, listenig and tryin to understand why and where your children are coming from is the most important thing you can do for your child as well as yourself.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 3, 2008, 12:18 pm CST

just incase it didnt go through the first time

as I said...unless tis time it posts but just incase it doesnt if you dont have a child goin through this then we really nt know or understand what it is to go through it. Were intittled to our own thoughts and opinions on the matter thats very true but at the same time if we dont know what its like to go through it first hand then how do we really know? All we cando is try to understand. ut until w go through it ourselves then like any situation thats hrd like this and even ones that are harder well never truely understand what and how people feel in these type of situations. Especially if were not the child goig through it well never fully understand how they feel or what theyr going thugh. Love an understanding and trying to see and understand where these parents and children are coming from and that goes for the parnts trying to understand where theirchildren are comng from is the only hing we can do.Above all love and accept everyone jus for how they are no matter where they come from,how they were raised, religion, sexuality,anything. Just accept them for who they are your allowed to disagree with the way they choose to  live or the way they are but just remeber that n the end were all just tying to live our lives and were not so different in the end.

These wonderful children are here to bring light and joy to their parents and are here because obviously they were born so lets enjoy them no matter how they chose to live their lives. They are beautiful children just like every child why cae how they choose to be. If hey grow outof it then so be it.Talk to them and see if you can figure out if it just a faze or if ts really the real thing. If you as a parent feel you need more answers then send them to a speialst if possible.Just love them and try todo the best that you can whch as parents going through this I know you already do:) Peace, love and understanding, and acceptence Thats the way everyone should be .

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 4, 2008, 8:39 am CST

no one can control you unless you want them to

unfortunatly in this day and time still religion is a forbiden subject which is sad it should be talked about questioned and deeply thought about. Personaly me I question religion all the time and dont care who gets angry at me for it im a free thinker and Im proud of it. I was riased in church and I dont consider myself religious at all anymore Im spiritual. I dont let anyone dictate to me how i should think or how I should act in my life or who I should or shouldnt believe in or give money to No one can control you if you dont let them its all about having a strong mind and and really listening to your inner self as well as questioning everything. I feel as people are easily controled because they want to be and the ybelieve in the things that these people are saying its not wrong to do this stuff not in the least Im sure much of the money you give does indeed go to charity....But my dad is a preacher and yes by the way hes fine with me being a free thinker, my dad doesnt drive a fancy car, or own a rolex, or for that matter any jewlery except his wedding band and he visits the sick, the shut ins, does all kinds of charity work from counciling at the jail to serving meals at ram house for the homeless, to reading to children at childrens homes and never asks for a dime himself....If these are truely men of faith and theyre doing these things in your community then wonerful :) but if not stop and really question yourself before you write that check. Is this really a good decent man who cares about others or just someone trying to get a new rolex for his collection? I in turn do charity work such as my dad and i love every minute of it:) And I dont even have a job right now. But I do it to just be  a good person because it makes you and others feel good about themselves and is a wonderful thing:) Listen to yourself and dont let others fool you into things unless you want to be.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 4, 2008, 9:06 am CST

also

alot of times these guys who do this stuff are in it because they know how vulnerable and acceptable people are to religion. They also know how to get the better of them by seemingly brian washing people into thinking that theyre way is the only way to god. Usually these people are in it for other reasons such as well lets be honest here mostly for money, control, power, and sex, as well as pedophilia, Why so many people still to this day let this happen to them Im not sure. But I think its because its something people are hungry for. The chance to have something real or so it seems to them to grab on to, the fact that theyre not really happy with their life or think that culture in this country is going out of control. But sadly the people who start these things I think know the kind of people they want to target and sadly people answer. I say the more you strenghten your mind and yourself you wont fall for these things unless you really want to. Above all just try to be awae of these things and strengthen your mind against it so maybe these people can be shut down completely......The other thing is some of these guys actually believe it remeber the heavens gate incident? But the ones who tend to really believe it ...usually theyre not the dangerouse ones Ive found theyre really peaceful ...but mentally not right.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 4, 2008, 9:16 am CST

I agree with your ways:)

Quote From: wolfweeps

From the time I was a young teen many, many years ago I witnessed so much hypocrisy in the church. Using the Bible and religion as a weapon used to enrage me, but over the years I gained my own spirituality and feel comfortable enough in my own faith that I no longer feel the sting from anyone trying to manipulate me with their "God" or religion. We raised our 2 children not in any church, but with respect for others and goodness in their hearts. To treat everyone equally and with honor. They are grown adults now, and have turned into amazing people on their own journey in finding their faith..religion...or whatever you choose to call it. They have never hurt others with words or actions, never been in trouble, and have always had a home that was always welcome to them. We just raised them never to attack others with religion or lack thereof, and find faith in their own way. WE have been blessed through thick and through thin in the last 33 years. Through hard times and good times...we have always remained a close family. We just never used religion in our home as a weapon or manipulation of any kind. I am sure that other families have raised their children these way as well without having the "wrath of God" reigning down upon our heads...*S*  Our faith in a higher power seems to have been a good thing in our home and family....*S*
More power to you sweetheart:) Iam about to be a mother myself and this is the way i choose to raise my son This is the way I wish more people would choose to bring up their children. Religion doest automaticly make you a good person and doesnt automaticly give you morals its how your raised and how your taught that determins the kind of person youll be in life no matter if its with religion or without religion it shouldnt matter. As long as you raise a strong loving family with good morals and good manners. Thats the important thing:)

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 4, 2008, 1:33 pm CST

I really agree with you

Quote From: niceguy27834

After watching this episode, I found myself fuming over the comments made by the representative from Focus On The Family.  A major, major part of the cruelty and unjust treatment in this world is a result of this close-minded group.  They force their views on the public at large and use fear mongering as a way to further their false ideals.  I do not deal with a gender confused child, but I feel for the parents that do.  Supporting your child and how they feel is a very important part of parenting.  If you brainwash your child into thinking in stereotypical ways, then the hatred and judgmental views that we deal with today will never end.  The real parent in today's world is the one that does not judge someone based on their own ideals.  No one has the right to judge another's life.  If everyone minded their own business, this world would be much happier.
this is what ive said all along sadly as we both know people cant seem to mind there ow business so I dontknow if itll ever stop. As for closed minded people such as people that ar in focus on the family...I dont knw what to say about them ? So Iwont say anything about them because why should I judge them when I dont want them judging me...No one should judge anyone in my opinion .You right if everyone minded their own business his world woud be happier. I hope this happens someday.........someday we ca hope cant we?

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 4, 2008, 1:52 pm CST

10/29 Gender Confused Children

Quote From: tiggerst67

This discussion is about transgendered people, which is a completely different subject from being gay.  You do have me intrigued though, I am trying to think of what "dramatic" event could "make" a person go from straight to gay?  Just out of curiosity, what kind of "help" should this person seek?  Electroshock therapy?  Lobotomy? 

I've not yet read any study (although I could've missed it) that made a connection between being gay and being clinically depressed.  Did you read this somewhere?

why dont people like you read? Its not a choice its theway theyre bornand theyre is nothing wrong with it all do you now that animals ar born homosexual? THey dont need help frompeople lie youwho think that their a cure or a perversion of nature! And need to be tured straight They ar beautiful wonderful human beingsthat are here and the kind of help they need is people who supportthem........this is hy im athiest and damn proud of it !!!!!!! JUst accept people for who they are an understnd that its kay to be different.....And ask yourself this why would anyone choose to be gay hen they have to run  up against  people like you? Risk losing theyre familys? and even alot of theye friends ust because they feel different? Why woul anyone choos that? It chromosones and science dears and they dont need help! They are the way they are. But sadly people like yo cant admit that  can you? Theyre people lke you and I why should you care about how they live heyre lives? If theyre no bothering you why do you care?

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 5, 2008, 8:15 am CST

cyber bullies

As I see it .....well let me say first that I used to get teased all the time and really bad too when I was in school. I just ignored it because my family taught me that the only reason kids do this is because its kids nature and second of all to make themselves feel better and third of all just to see how upset and angry they make you. I just ignored it  and didnt pay any attention to the kids who did it to me at all. Because my dad and my mom and my granny raised me to have  a strong mind. I just relized that they were just trying to get to me and since they never did get to me they gave up and picked another target....Now I will admit it took them a long time to get the hint well....I geusse when your a kid it seems like forever but thinking back now on it , it only took a few months for them to get tired of me not reacting to them. If kids would relize that theyres a deleat button on the computer to get rid of the myspace and face book and other things. And then go back in and set up another profile later on and then go to school and just strengthen your mind against these bullies and I think things would be better for them.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 6, 2008, 7:56 am CST

I appologie then sweety.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic.  And I AM different.  I was just posting the questions to see where this persons thought process was.  It was difficult to tell from the post what exactly they were suggesting, and I wanted the opportunity to let them know that being gay, as they were describing it, is not an illness, you don't go to a doctor and get a prescription to "fix" it.  The electroshock and lobotomy questions were just posted to try to illustrate there are no "Fixes" and in my opinion you don't fix something that isn't broken, and I do not consider gay people broken.  From now on though, just to make things clearer, I will further explain what I am trying to ask.  Historically, medical science did attempt to "fix" it with radical horrible treatments that did NOT work using those and other methods.  I guess you haven't read my other posts, I think I have said at least 5 times that none of this is a choice.  I should know better than most, being post-op.
Sorry for that I failed to see whee you wre coming from. I geusse its becuse I get so upste about any issue on this matter. One because I have had a very dear friend who passed away  while ago who was gay and miss and love him very much Asobecause I think people should just start relizing that people are the way they are and we hould just accept them fr who they are. You dont have to agree with it but just accept them for who they are. Again Im sorry sweety and hope everyting gt okay after your surgery:) Peace be with you always:) And agree bing gay is not an illness.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 6, 2008, 8:05 am CST

I appoogizesweety

Sorry, I was being sarcastic.  And I AM different.  I was just posting the questions to see where this persons thought process was.  It was difficult to tell from the post what exactly they were suggesting, and I wanted the opportunity to let them know that being gay, as they were describing it, is not an illness, you don't go to a doctor and get a prescription to "fix" it.  The electroshock and lobotomy questions were just posted to try to illustrate there are no "Fixes" and in my opinion you don't fix something that isn't broken, and I do not consider gay people broken.  From now on though, just to make things clearer, I will further explain what I am trying to ask.  Historically, medical science did attempt to "fix" it with radical horrible treatments that did NOT work using those and other methods.  I guess you haven't read my other posts, I think I have said at least 5 times that none of this is a choice.  I should know better than most, being post-op.
I failed to ee where you wr coming from and I eusse itsbecause I get so upset about this issue snce I hd a good friend who passed away a while back a was gay and I love him still and always will.I agree being gay is not an illness and does not ned to be fixed. Its not a choice, I just wish people would learn to mindteyre own business and just relize that everyones different and thats okay, You dont ave to agree with it. Again Im sorry sweety and hope everything went well after your surgey:) Peace be with you always sweety:)

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board