Messages By: alanbar

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
December 24, 2008, 8:20 am CST

What Are You Afraid Of?

Quote From: punters

Ok, so I've read all the statistics, and still I'm sure that MY plane is going to be the one falling out of the sky, that I will be on of that 0,01 percent dying in a plane- accident.  The result is that i haven't been on a plane for over ten years. I just know this to be true. How do I tell myself otherwise?
I can sooo identify with you on this one.  I recently had to take a long distance flight.  As we crossed the equator the plane started rattling and bouncing around like a baby on a pogo stick.  The lights were dimmed and for over three hours the seatbelt lights stayed on - I thought it was over and so did most of the other passengers.  During this ordeal I came to realise that there was not a single thing that I could do to change whatever could or would happen and that by stressing about it, I just made it worse for myself.  99% of the time what we think will happen doesn't and we cause ourselves tremendous pain and suffering by living in the future (also in the past for that matter).  Life is so fragile and temporary anyway, before we know it it's over, it's just a fleeting moment.  To sit around missing out on what life has to offer is just not worth it.  I say go take a flight and make peace with the fact that nothing is permanent.  I'd rather go out in a flash and experience life than sit around waiting for the inevitable...  Good luck with your next flight - go for it.     

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
December 24, 2008, 8:29 am CST

Coping with Stress

Quote From: normalita

Well, it happened today.  This was a very bad day for me.  It didn't happen because I don't read Dr. Phil books, or watch his show.  It's not all in my mind either.

I just want to apologise for coming to these message boards, looking for someone to talk to.  Looking for a little support.  I was obviously very wrong to do that.  I am so sorry to have bothered anyone with my problems.  I hope my presents here didn't offend anyone.

I can't say it enough about how sorry I am.  I will no longer be coming here looking for support.

I am sooooo Sorry!!!!!!

Everything anyone needs is within their reach - basically we are all individuals and what works for one might not work for everyone - there is however an average set of people that an average type of solution works for.  If you are not one of those populating the majority of the bell curve, thank God for it.  Often the problems we face are there to make us learn something about ourselves or about others for that matter.  A problem or situation should be approached as an opportunity to learn something that the universe needs to teach us - it's not meant to lock us down, it should be liberating and must never be seen as the universe being out to get at us - everything out there is neutral, it's what we make of it and the way we approach and handle it that counts...

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board