Message Boards

Messages By:

November 13, 2007, 7:38 am CST

Greed

My husband's only sister that he was very close to quit talking to us after their dad died. The reason was their dad cut her out of the will and my husband with their brother was co-executors.She thought they could give her money. On his funeral day she told everyone that from that day on she had no family. Now if we see her she has such a unbecoming look on her face and will ignore you as family. Dad died in 2002.

There was a man in our small town that went through a nasty divorce. He told my husband that famlies will forgive unless money is invovled. Then it will not be forgiven.

How sad that so many families miss the togetherness and love while bickering over money.

December 13, 2008, 3:34 pm CST

Son -in-law also

My son-in-law was in the Army for 8 years. In that time he served in Afghanistan. While there his nerve ending in his left arm surfaced.  My daughter and him married on July 9, 2005 and on July 29 he had surgery to reposition the nerve endings. It didn't work, couldn't lift, etc.  The Army wanted him in battle, the aftermath, he took medical discharge. Had to have another surgery on his arm this past year. As for money, the Army and the VA has really let him down. We have asked the kids to get in touch with a congressman or something. His records at Ft Campbell is not for VA viewing and his records is getting lost.

Can't wait to see the show to see if something can happen to help our daughter and son-in-law. They are drowning in debt.

Thanks

Jeanie Lawyer

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board