Message Boards

Messages By: bonnielove

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 10:57 pm CDT

I Didn't do what she said I did

I was working at a rehab., center for women. For the first couple of months of my employment my supervisor was pleased w/my job preformance. In fact she gave me a very good evaluation.  A few months later I started noticeing a change in her attitude towards me. On my second evaluation she marked me all "B"'s (Below Standards). She even wrote on my evaluation that if there was another complaint that she would request my termination. Shortly after that I had put my name in for a full time position, and she told me to come in for an interview. To my suprise, she asked for my resignation, my photo ID badge & my key to the building. I asked her why. She stated because I had missed some contraband on a client who had returned back from a pass, and a couple of days later other staff members had found it. The following day, I had found out from anoher co-employee that I was terminated because I had given heads up on a couple of ladies & their attitudes. That if they didn't change their attitudes that they could receive disciple from staff members or be asked to leave. I had written to the president, vice president, and human resorces. The following day I received a letter from the vice-president of the company that I had been terminated because of my job preformance. I had also found out that I was actually terminated because my supervisor wanted to re-hire an ex-employee. This ex-employee is approx 30 yrs younger than I am, plus of different race. I can't go to the Depart. of Labor to file a complaint of racial & age discrimantion because she covered her butt and said it was because of my "job preformance" Can anyone offer any help or suggestions here?

Desperate in IL

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
worried
March 2, 2006, 1:26 am CST

How can I find out?

I had been bullied at my work place until I was requested by my supervisor for my resignation. After I was approved my unemployment, I filled a complaintant with department of labor. For several months now I've been looking for employment, but have not had any luck. This is the first time I haven't been able to get another job quickly. I was woundering if my last supervisor had written or lied to my protential new employees about me. How can one find out what your past employeer(s) say about you on a potential new job reference?  

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
March 6, 2006, 4:38 pm CST

Too Many Question, Not Enough Answers

I'm on my second marriage (21 yrs in May). Every time we get into an arguement, he gives me the silent treatment. My problem isn't so much my H, but I was an only child, being adopted. Both of my adoptive parents are now gone, but I have inheritated all their antiques. My H & I have a 5 BR home, which is pretty much filled with my parents antiques. I really don't want to sell them, & I don't have funds for a storage. (Besides alot of the antiques is furniture & I'd be afraid it would get wet). I truly want to divorce my H, but I feel as thro I'm trap. I'm pretty sure I have CHF & Fibromayalgia. Not too many places will hire me if I tell them that. I can't afford any medical help, as we have no medical insurance. I don't know where to start as far as getting on my own. I feel as through if I get rid of my parents antiques I will betray them. Where do I go for help? Being in my 50's, I'm scared to death of becoming homeless.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board