Message Boards

Messages By: brenbiel

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
ecstatic
July 23, 2005, 9:17 am CDT

We're Back!

Hey, they've given us back our key #7!  Looking forward to hearing from everyone again.

Brenda.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 1:14 pm CDT

Bren

Hi Everyone! :) I'm happy that we are back on the message boards! Look forward to hearing from everyone again soon! :) Bren

So nice to see you here again, Bren.  I tried a few times to email you, but couldn't get through. A few of us who had email addresses, have been corresponding that way. It was good, but we really want to get our whole group reconnected.  

How have you been doing these past weeks?

I've just come off of RSP. I made it about 1 1/2 weeks, but then had a bit of a train wreck over a big family reunion at our place.  Oh well, I'll get back on track again. At least I dropped almost three pounds, and 2 % body fat, so it's good.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Brenda.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 5:15 pm CDT

JenJen

Nice to have you join us.  Sounds like you're off to a good start.  Yes, as great as the fruit is, it is restricted more during RSP because of the natural sugars.  RS is certainly more restrictive, but it's encouraging to get off to a good start, and soon you'll have a little more freedom in Stage 2.

If I might make a suggestion, be careful with weighing so frequently.  There are so many variables in our day to day weight loss, and I know that many of us can let the scale rule our emotions. Just a word of caution.

There are some other "regulars" from this board whom I'm hoping will find their way back again soon. They've been a great support, and we'd be glad to have you join us. So welcome, and hope to chat with you some more.

Brenda B.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 5:24 pm CDT

BeBren

I'm so glad to hear that you've had on-going support over these past weeks. I think being suddenly cut off from each other was pretty difficult for all of us!

It sounds like you're making great progress Bren. Isn't it exciting when our family members can see that the weight's been coming off. Good for you!

Thanks for reminding me of the option of "mall walking" during the heat. Our air conditioner bit the dust, and we've had some very hot, muggy days over this past week and a bit. I do get to go to Curves where it's air conditioned, but maybe I'll try the mall instead of my treadmill next time I want a good walk.

Brenda.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 2:39 pm CDT

JenJen

You're in good company with your weighing method. Linda approaches it the very same way, so if it works for you, that's great -- by all means stick with it. 

Brenda

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 2:43 pm CDT

Dawn and Linda

So great to see that you made it back here.  Sorry that you had so much difficulty, Linda. I don't know why just re-setting your old password didn't work for you. 

It's going to take a little getting used to the new format. For one thing, I wish we could reply to someone without it repeating the entire quote!  And Linda, I'm really hoping that you're able to access your old diary!  What a terrible shame that would be if they were lost to you. Maybe the moderator could help you some how?

Brenda.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 8:14 am CDT

jenjen

How's RSP going for you? I know how difficult it can be!  I just came off about 1 1/2 weeks of it, and then ran into troubles with a house full of family for a re-union, and all the prep work. So I may not be the best one to offer advice on RS at the moment. But others have had amazing results with it! Hang in there. It'll be worth it, and before long you can add back a bit more carbs, and a few other things. I'll be eager to hear your results.  I'm getting closer to my goal , and my weight hasn't budged in many months, (I'd been at a 60 lb. wt. loss since last Sept.)  so the latest 3 lbs. and 2% bf I've lost, although not overly exciting, were certainly welcomed.

Feel free to post any questions or discuss any key work you're doing. Have you read Dr. Phil's UWS book?  Doing some indepth work through that book was really huge for me in making true life-altering changes.

Looking forward to following your progress.

Brenda.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 8:30 am CDT

light bulb revelation

Just thought I'd share a little key work journalling that I did this morning, while struggling again with fatigue.

I'm sitting here tired and groggy because I didn't get myself to bed in good time last night -- again. I am an adult, and I control my self. (Amazing concept, I know.) Why do I sometimes deprive my body of the proper rest and food that it requires?

Growing up, none of the four of us ever really gave our parents a hard time, and I was proud of being a good kid. Maybe if I had just acted out a little rebellion once in a while I would have gotten it out of my system and moved on. Instead, when I eat something "naughty" when no one's looking, or hubby's already sleeping and I feel like sitting up late, I still remember (30 years later!) what it felt like when I moved away from home and realized that no one was going to tell me what to do. Hmmmm. Come to think of it, I remember how liberated I felt when I realized that no one was going to inforce that two cookie rule anymore! Wasn't I lucky -- I could eat half the bag if I wanted to!  Yikes. Do you think that might have anything to do with why my nursing uniforms had shrunk too tight before my 1st year was through?!   I think the little girl in me still wants to shout once in a while, "I CAN DO IT IF I WANT TO!" (What a brat. LOL)   When I stay up too late, it's hard to get moving in the morning. I feel sluggish and it's twice as difficult to get up the motivation for my IE. Thankfully, I usually just do it anyway, but if I'm extra busy and can find an excuse not to work out, if I'm feeling like I do this morning, it's much more likely that I just won't. Hmmmmmm. Think this grandma's still got a little growing up to do!   Brenda.    

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 6:53 pm CDT

Joy

Hi Joy.  That's got to be frustrating to be gaining weight because of medication.  Is your Dr. able to give you any suggestions? It sounds like you're doing well at keeping active. Good for you.  I belong to Curves too. I love going there my 3 days/week, but also do other workouts another 3 days.

I'm sorry I don't have any brain wave happening for suggestions for you. I'm presuming that you've taken a close look at what you've been eating.  Maybe others will have some suggestions for you.

For me, it took really listening to Dr. Phils blunt statements and reading his book to get me to see my real problem. I really recommend reading the Ultimate Weight Solution. The seven keys discussed there have been a real life saver for me!

All the best and hope to "see you around".  

Brenda.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
July 29, 2005, 8:53 am CDT

Good morning

Just checking in to see who's around and to say hello. I must say I'm amazed at how I've found exercise to be so closesly tied in with my eating. About a week ago was the first time in about 20 months that I didn't fit in my IE for about 5 consecutive days. Boy, did that mess me up. Or, was it some stinkin' thinkin' from RSP (so deprived, poor me) that threw off the eating which then played with my motivation for IE.  Add to that a boken Air Conditioner and loss of my vehicle for a couple days -- too hot at home, and unable to get to Curves. 

Any way, excuses aside, it just feels right to be back solid again with my IE. And to think that for YEARS, I thought I hated exercise.  Just didn't know what I was missing!

Sure hope we can keep our board going. I miss you all!

Brenda.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board