Message Boards

Messages By:

February 23, 2008, 11:11 am CST

been there, not worth it !!

This is to all of those that think cheating on the internet won't hurt their marriages.  I had an internet affair for 9 months on the internet over 10 years ago and I am still not over it !!!!!!!

I talked to this guy online 24/7 and on the phone a couple of times a day.  Everything he told me about himself was the truth except that he didn't love me as he said he did many many times.  We were both married to our spouses over 30 years. 

My situation may have been a little different because my husband didn't mind or told me he didn't mind at all.  He would leave me alone when I was talking to this guy either online or on the phone.  He even told me if I thought I would be happier with this man than to go for it.  All of these comments made me feel like he didn't care about me at all.  He even drove me 1,000 miles to meet him.

We ended up moving to the same town where my internet lover lived and my husband started working for him.  All sounds a little crazy I know.

Anyhow, that was 10 years ago and I never see this man or even talk to him but he is in my thoughts daily and my marraige has never been the same.  My husband and I are like 2 casual friends living in the same house.  No communication and certainly no love.  It has totally ruined my life.  And as for the internet, I am afraid to talk to anyone on here because I don't want to go through this again.

So please, be very careful what you do on the internet or you may regret it for the rest of your live like I am doing right now.  I am in my 60's.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board