Message Boards

Messages By: heartsandr

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
frustrated
July 22, 2005, 6:02 pm CDT

Not sure I like this

So glad the board is back. Hope to learn how to list the messages in the order I had been using so that ALL of the ones posted since I was last on show up.

I'm afraid I have deleted many fine emails the last ten days. I found having my mail box bulging was overwhelming. BUT, I now intend to be faithful and get back on the wagon. Ks Grandma

Not sure I like this format, it will take some getting used to....Glad it is back, just hope I can make it work when I want it to...Everyone have a good evening..MaryB

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 5:33 am CDT

This is strange

I have been told that people just don't like change,that is me I guess...I agree if we can't edit,we will have a lot of errors...I will try the preview....I don't like that we had to change our password, I use the same one for most of my things...except financial things, like getting into my bank statement, that is totally different..My doctor was pleased with my tests...if my A1C was 6.8 for the last 3 months, I just wonder what it would have been for just the last 1 month...don't think they can check that though...There have been several days of very low readings....I am trying to come off the steroids that 2 out of 3 doctors say are dangerous, heart is beating a little strong, but not faster, will just have to keep a watch on it..I know there are other medicines that can regulate it without the steroids...It also takes months for it to completely get out of the system...I have enough things wrong without adding that to it.....I have already talked to TJ Maxx about getting my job back, said they would let me know in a few days....There are new stores going up, Hobby Lobby, Pier One Imports, Supposed to be a Sams club soon....Surely somebody will need an "experienced" worker...Have even considered the demo job I tried, good money, just a lot of aggravation....We will see...You ladies have a great day....MaryB...ok, when you do a preview it does have edit...

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
angry
July 23, 2005, 5:36 am CDT

Over 60 WLC Community

I have been told that people just don't like change,that is me I guess...I agree if we can't edit,we will have a lot of errors...I will try the preview....I don't like that we had to change our password, I use the same one for most of my things...except financial things, like getting into my bank statement, that is totally different..My doctor was pleased with my tests...if my A1C was 6.8 for the last 3 months, I just wonder what it would have been for just the last1 month...don't think they can check that though...There have been several days of very low readings....I am trying to come off the steroids that 2 out of 3 doctors say are dangerous, heart is beating a little strong, but not faster, will just have to keep a watch on it..I know there are other medicines that can regulate it without the steroids...It also takes months for it to completely get out of the system...I have enough things wrong without adding that to it.....I have already talked to TJ Maxx about getting my job back, said they would let me know in a few days....There are new stores going up, Hobby Lobby, Pier One Imports, Supposed to be a Sams club soon....Surely somebody will need an "experienced" worker...Have even considered the demo job I tried, good money, just a lot of aggravation....We will see...You ladies have a great day....MaryB...ok, when you do a preview it does have edit...
Also the "smiley" does not always show up

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
anxious
July 23, 2005, 1:41 pm CDT

Edit

The big print is working but the wow is still making typing errors!!LOL
When you are finished typing, go to preview..that is where you find edit.....think they are still working out the bugs....just have to be patient, MaryB

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
frustrated
July 25, 2005, 6:12 am CDT

Still has bugs

I have tried changing my profile, in regard to the order of the messages....No matter what I put in, newest or oldest...it still shows the oldest first.....I do not like having to go through all the old one, trying to find the new ones...No numbers so we can't go straight to a  certain point....I still think the old format was better....MaryB

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 6:17 am CDT

MS Moderator

If you go to your MY PROFILE page you can change the order in which messages are displayed. If you choose OLDEST it will start with the earliest messages and you will read your way down to the newest messages last. If you choose NEWEST, it will begin your pages with the newest message posted to that board and read backwards toward the beginning of that board.
I have had "newest" in my  profile since the beginning....I still have the oldest first...Understandably there are still some bugs to work out...I will be glad when they do...MaryB

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 2:29 pm CDT

Lofg In

Quote From: cgenethoma

I think you have to Log On before you will notice the changes in your PROFILE. The first thing I do when I come to the message board is Log On. It then changesFROM Oldest first TO Newest first and my print changes from small to large.

Hope this helps.

I had logged in every time I tried to change it, I think it FINALLY worked..MaryB...only misspelled the message title,it won't let me correct it.....AAAGGGHHHH

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 6:42 am CDT

Hello

Just came from the dr, hopefully the last time for a while...I had gained 6 pounds in less than a week, had to be mostly fluid and I did have on heavy shoes...He says I am anemic, gave me a prescription for iron...They gave me 2 units of blood at the hospital when I had surgery because of anemia...I came home and took a fluid pill, maybe that will help, my left leg is still swelling quite a bit...He still thinks I should have a hysterectomy, guess I will have to wait until Medicare kicks in...I am anxious to go back to work, have not heard from the store manager yet, have not heard from the TN Care appeal....I guess everyones priorities do not match mine, lol...I want to work out of my home, but I am not much of a self starter....There is a demand(somewhat) for christening gowns in this area, people would ask for them all the time when I worked in Sears kids dept....I have every intention of getting some made and see how they sell....just need to kick myself in the backside and get busy....I have patterns and fabric and a good sewing machine and a serger..now just the get up and go....maybe the anemia is slowing me down....I have had to take iron supplements all my life....OK, everyone have a great day...one more day of heat here then supposed to have a cold front move through..in the 70's and rain for the next 2 days....bring it on.....MaryB

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 6:49 am CDT

Helen

Quote From: granie

• I am so confused, with this board, can't seem to read in order. Feel like I am missing posts. Do you think they are trying to get rid of us! JUST A THOUGHT!!!
  • We finally have rain, and a cooler day, so makes you want to exercise.
  • Have a good evening, Helen
I don't like that I have to log in every time to get the messages in the order that I want...I hope they are not trying to get rid of us, if they do, we still have e-mail...I guess we were on the other format for so long, we had gotten used to it....Still not happy with this one... I don't guess what we like matters that much....Oh Well...hang in there...MaryB

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
happy
July 30, 2005, 3:58 am CDT

Just a Word of Encouragement

I have noticed that many of our group say "I know I am going to cheat"...I know in the past I have cheated a lot, now, since the surgery, I look at food and say to myself," which foods are going to help me not go through this again"...Please make up your mind ahead of time, no matter what the meal is, no matter how much there is, that you are going to do the best you can with what is available......More salad, less fattening foods....I have eaten out, I have even had fast food(not often)....I order the child's meal if I am eating fast food, so at least the volume is low....Most fast food restaurants have salads now, with or without chicken and seafood.....That is a great meal, just ask for fat free dressing if they have it....if not, put it on the side of the bowl and dip your fork into the dressing before picking up the bite of salad....You would be surprised how little you use this way........A lady of about 70 asked her doctor if the bypass surgery would really be worth it.....he said "Of course, you will feel like a new person"....The nurse said, "Yes, but first you will feel like you have been hit by a train."............Believe me, I met that train and I will do almost anything to stay off that track from now on......One of the side effects of heart surgery is depression, I am aware of that and do what I can to not go down that road also.......I was anemic when they checked my blood for surgery and gave me 2 units of blood to bring it up, my  doctor says I am still anemic so now I am on iron pills......That is probably why I was so tired all the time....in my reading I found this can be caused by the diabetes, among other things....I have been checked for internal bleeding, none found.....It is a two edged sword, I need more red meat to help with the anemia, but I have to be very careful because of the cholesterol.......This has been a real education in eating......I love salt, that is one thing that I am not supposed to have.......I actually found some good salt free potato chips....They are fried, but no cholesterol and little fat....Still have to be careful, I would eat the whole bag at one sitting.....All I am saying is "self control" for us all....MaryB

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board