Message Boards

Messages By: weemousie

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 7:10 pm CDT

Guided Imagery

I don't know if this falls into the category of Meditation and Yoga but ...

I have Fibromyalgia.  The doctor wanted me to take anti-inflammatory medication, anti-depressants, sleeping pills and muscle relaxers.  I'm not a pill person so I refused and went about searching for an alternative method to deal with this condition.

I often listen to my body as it usually lets me know what I need to do to help it.  The message my body was giving me was to try guided imagery as a means to eliminate the pain.  So I went searching online and found a CD for Fibromyalgia that was made by a Psychotherapist by the name of Belleruth Naparstek.  She has worked with trauma victims of 9/11 and the Gulf War, etc. 

I am of the beief that Fibromyalgia is trauma (either physical or emotional or both) that has lodged in our cellular structure.  I purchased the CD online and from the first day of listening to it I have not had a flare up of the Fibromyalgia.  Sounds like a winner to me.

Just thought I'd post this in the chance that someone will read it and perhaps find this will help them.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 5:48 pm CDT

Meditation and Yoga

That is Great! I was in this Hospital once time and This Fab Music Therapist named "Chuck" true story was there and he also did guided imagery quite frankly just after 9-11 actually and it really did HELP!

IT is really nice to meet you..

For me wee I am certainly no where near a pro at all but anything to improve my life is a step. This book helped me tone up. It explains in very simple detail the origins of Yoga body parts and the breath. Gave me very simple instructions. Gave me much needed confidence! Taught me how to "strike a pose!" Ah the best part...Spinal twist/Half Lord of the Fishes (Ardha Matsyendrasana)

The benefits opens,lengthens,nourishes,and realingns the spine. Improves the neverous system. Aids digestion!

Hi labelfree, nice to meet you.

One thing I find that helps (with many things) is doing Tai Chi.  Oh how wonderful I feel after doing my morning Tai Chi.  I bought a VCR of Morning Tai Chi and it's so easy to do, very gentle.  It brings  fresh new energy into the body and expels the old energy.  I feel revitalized after doing Tai Chi.

When I'm in pain I sit and visualize my special place.  This is a lovely lagoon.  In my lagoon there is a waterfall of violet water that gently cascades down into a pool.  I sit in the pool and allow the violet water to pour over my body.  This releases the pain and comforts me.

When one is in pain they might want to try visualizing something that is woderful to them, a special place.  They should visualize violet water or light or fluffy violet clouds enveloping them. 

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
January 17, 2008, 9:07 pm CST

Meditation and Yoga

Quote From: nancyll

I have had Firobromyalgia for 5 years and have explored many traditional and alternate ways to work with this condition.  I am very temped to purchase this CD you are referring to, but am having an extremely difficult time in believing one day of listening to a CD would prevent any further flares, if this is truly the condition you have.  Sounds like another "miracle cure".  I hope that you are in no way connected with financially benefiting from promoting this CD.  If so, shame on you, as there are many individuals taking advantage of people who are suffering and willing to try almost anything to relieve their pain and looking for hope.

I honestly am not in any way connected with this CD.  It can be purchased online at www.healthjourneys.com  Type in Fibromyalgia and you will see the following CD offered, it's called Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue by Belleruth Naparstek, she's a psychotherapist who works with PTSD and victims of 911, the Gulf War, etc.   I'm sure there are other companies and other CDs but I can't vouch for any of them because I haven't tried any others.

This is not a miracle cure, it is something that helps the immune system and allows one to help heal from within.  Using the CD I breath in deep healing breaths and send the oxygen to the painful areas, then visualize the pain being scooped up and exhaled.  What can I say ... it works for me.  Hopefully there are others here who if they don't purchase the CD will at least try the method I just described.  I use visualization to help control various ailments and so far it's worked.  This energy thing is amazing!.

You could have blown me away with a feather when the pain of the Fibro went away after just listening to it once.  Every once in a while (like once a year or so) I have flare-ups and so I sit and listen to the CD.  I would imagine that if I used the CD on a regular basis then there would not be any flare-ups.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board