Messages By: happyzot

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
anxious
September 19, 2005, 4:41 pm CDT

Hello Voodidit

Hi there, 

I read your post.  Wow, girlfriend you have a full plate!!!!   I recently had my thyroid out and noticed you mentioned being hypocalcemic.  I am having calcium problems right after also.  Can you give me any info, tips or pointers on things you've learned since having the thyroid out???  I would really appreciate anything you can tell me!!!   

Thanks 

Karen 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
confused
October 6, 2005, 7:05 pm CDT

Muscle Cramps

Hi and Thanks to Voodidit and Ibelive, 

I am waiting for my first post surgery appt. with the endocrinologist.  It is so important to get a Dr. who will listen carefully to your symptoms.  If I had done that initially, I wouldn't have wasted nearly 4 months before having the thyroid out.  I learned after the fact that 20-30 percent of people who are in a "storm" state can die from the effects.   

ENT surgeon who took the thyroid out, said the hypocalcemia may correct itself.  I am just unsure about how much calcium is ENOUGH as a supplement.  Does the body pass the extra calcium?  I have always been careful when taking supplements to make sure it's not one that will build up in my system and cause problems.   

My eye disease is fairly pronounced but ENT Dr. says it can be corrected by surgery to remove the inflamed bone and fatty deposits that are lining the eye socket and put the eyes back in a normal position.  Have you or anyone you know had this surgery???   

THANKS, 

Karen 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
October 13, 2005, 8:42 pm CDT

RE:Diabetes

Hi Friends, 

I am insulin resistant, and on the verge of diabetes.  My blood sugars have been very good since I started the Weight Loss Challenge over 2 years ago.  I am being very careful, as I don't want to have my condition develop into type 2 diabetes, but if it does, it's not the end of the world.  I have done a lot of reading on the web, and there is a very good website by author David Mendosa.  www.  mendosa.   com  (without the spaces) hoping that the post will not be deleted, but this is a very helpful link with lots of good information!!!   

{{{HUGZ}}}
GOD BLESS
Karen

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board