Message Boards

Messages By: joanne4413

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
February 8, 2006, 2:12 pm CST

Hey Paul

I just saw you on the dr. Phil show and was truly touched by your emotional story...I hope Dr. Phil was able to get through to you with his words of advice... I hope your mother will follow through with his advice with what she can do to help you.. you are such a young man and a nice looking man at that... think of all the happiness you will encounter if you choose to lose the weight.. I've lost 60 plus pounds myself and my whole attitude about the way I concieve things has changed.. I feel better about myself, I'm not depressed, I am able to exercise 2 - 21/2 hour a day without becoming winded.. and my body and heart are much happier.. Please don't let the food control you... I know you have it in you to do this otherwise you would not have come forward with this problem.. Your family loves you and I'm sure are not ready to give up on you as well.. You say you are happiest when you eat but I think you use the eating to cover up your emotions.  There are a lot of people out here in the world routing you on right now and I hope in a few months you return to the show a much lighter person.. Many hugs to you buddy.. Hang in there.. You will encounter rough roads along the way but you will learn to defeat them..

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
angry
May 26, 2006, 12:17 pm CDT

KELLY???

I would really love to *itch slap that man.. Did he ever think of taking a look at h imself??? and when he talks??? if I weren't looking at the tv set and only heard his voice i would SWEAR he was a woman talking.. SHEESH..

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
May 26, 2006, 12:19 pm CDT

Kelly???

And who does he think he is?? GOD??? I mean c'mon.. if I weren't watching the tv set right now I would SWEAR he was a woman talking....I say she should lose the 25 pounds that she wants and then lose him... What a JERK!!!!

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
May 26, 2006, 12:24 pm CDT

05/26 Summer Slim

Quote From: rick7348

Why is it that it's okay for women to want their husbands to lose weight so they can be more attractive, but when husbands want women to lose weight it's considered mysogonistic.  Why are women such hypocrites when it comes to weightloss.
I wouldn't want mine to lose weight for his looks.. I would want him to lose weight for his health.. He is on bp meds and I know he can get off these pills by losing just 20 pounds.... I love my husband to death and don't want to see him in an early grave.. But I'm not going to nag him into losing the weight either.. I prepare his meals.. I prepare sensible meals but he loves to make his snacks.. I just look at it as "I've done my part now he's got to do his" I love him no matter what..

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
September 23, 2006, 6:07 pm CDT

Breaking Unhealthy Habits

Quote From: leigha_d_g

I AM 19 YEARS OLD AND THE ONLY THING I WAS EVER FED WAS JUNK FOOD. MY MOM WAS ALWAYS TOO TIRED OR TOO UPSET TO COOK SO WE ALWAYS ATE OUT. I AM NOT SEVERLY OVERWEIGHT, BUT I DO NOT LIKE THE WAY I LOOK. I USED TO DO A LOT OF SPORTS SO WHAT I ATE NEVER REALLY MATTERED. WHEN I GOT HURT, I GOT LAZY! NOW I LIVE WITH MY FIANCE AND I FIND MYSELF IN THE SAME PREDICAMENT. I WORK ON AVERAGE ABOUT 50-60 HOURS PER WEEK AND GO TO SCHOOL. IT IS A LOT OF STRESS!!! ANY SUGGESSTIONS??????

JUNK-FOOD-QUEEN

Can you get yourself involved in any afterschool intramural sports?? All it takes is 20 minutes of exercise... I would get on top of matters before it all gets carried away and you end up having to lose more than you are willing to weight wise..

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
September 23, 2006, 6:09 pm CDT

HA!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am far afraid of aging.. I probably look better now and am wiser beyond my years compared to when I was a teenager.. I'm no longer shy... I no longer hold things in when they bother me..

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
December 5, 2006, 12:52 pm CST

12/01 Big Weight Issues

Quote From: peace48

I am not that big but I do wegh 180 and I'm only 5-2.  I wrote Dr Phil for help a while back not only about my weight but about other things to but I guess my problems are not fantasitic enough for the ratings.  But it would have been nice to at least get a letter of encouregement and advise - oh well.  Not only am I over weight but am bipolar - and that right there is a whole other can of worms.  I can't afford all those lovely healthy food items that Dr. Phil talks about.  Lettuce is 1.30 a head - with all the other salad fixings good luck.  But I have stopped eating potato chips and dip and cookiese and cakes and stuff.  But still I'm gaining weight.  I also have been trying to get HUD to help me get a place to live as I am living with a friend of my and it is against my faith to live with a man that is not my husband.  But if he had not helped I would have been homeless.  I have been trying so hard to get my life straight but with every step forward I get a step backward.  Oh well, I'm on the pity pot today - I wish the girl all the good luck she can use.  God Bless Her
I'm so sorry about your depression.. But as far as as Dr. Phil contacting you I'm sure he has thousands and thousands of emails and he probably has someone reading them for him.. If you are able to get the weight off it will help with the depression.  I used to weigh 209 pounds and I'm the same size as you.. I've lost 74 pounds.. I'm on antidepressants for borderline manic depressions.. but along with the meds losing the weight has helped quite a great deal.. not to mention I'm full of arthritis from head to toe and am constantly in pain.. Congrats on giving up chips and dip.. and cookies and cake.. but now can you not take that money and buy your salads.. Don't give up.. eventually things will happen for you...

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
December 5, 2006, 12:59 pm CST

12/01 Big Weight Issues

Quote From: missmel85

Hi, I'm Melissa. I'm new to the Dr.Phil Boards.  I was watching the show and I literately started to break down. I am 21 and I weigh way more than I should. I scares me to think that I could end up that way.  I want to live.  I know how she feels though.  Saying her mother never made the situation any worse. Everyone who was ever supposed to love me has always left me, except food. It was always there. I know it is not an excuse but Obesity is a disease and It needs to be treated with Mental Health Care. I got my rude awakening while watching this show.  I have no clue how to get the weight off.  I live with 5 other people who eat whatever they want and still look good. Exercise is hard because I don't have the money for a gym. Anyone have suggestions to help?
Melissa have you talked to your roomies about supporting you on a weight loss journey.. Yes you are still young and your metabolism is still up there.. Take baby steps.. Take it maybe 5 pounds a month at a time.. Just one small change at a time and believe me you'll be well on your way.

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
December 20, 2006, 12:51 pm CST

OMG>>.

I just finished watching this episode.. UNBELIEVABLE is all I can say.. Actually I can say more.. LOL

I come from a family of 11 children... Seven girls, 4 boys... The oldest being 60 and the youngest 41.. Me falling as one of the middle children..Not ONCE has our family ever gone through episodes such as what those 3 sisters are doing to one another.. Not ONCE has my mother shown favoritism.. Even after the death of my father when he was 51 (33 years ago, january 21st) My mother was always just as loving and caring then as she is now... If we had a problem we could go to her... and we still can.. and she's 80.... I sure hope these 4 are going to go for the counselling that was offered to them before it's too late...

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
September 10, 2008, 12:20 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

I'm a returning member to the Dr. Phil message boards.. I was what you call a lurker.. I have todays show on right now about the weight loss race and feel this is just what I need.. I've previously lost weight before and am struggling to get what I gained back off.. I have 21 pounds to get to my goal so it's a little less than the 25 pounds.. I've managed to keep 45 pounds off for the last 8 years which is a success in itself..
so still have 21 to get off to get back to my original goal. Hopefully I can get the support I need here.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board