Message Boards

Messages By: blacklab70

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 5:03 pm CDT

Hi Everyone

Finally we have our message board again.  Take some getting used to.  Have a good week-end everyone.  LOL  Marlene

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
July 25, 2005, 5:15 am CDT

Good Morning Everyone

Monday morning again, but we now have our board back and hopefully everyone will find it a much better place to be.

Today is weigh in day and I have lost another .5lb.  Only 1 more to go and then I will see my hard work for the past 21 months have paid off.  Will always be thankful to Dr. Phil and all of you for all the support over these months.  Know I will be able to maintain as I just have a whole new lifestyle and way of buying and eating.  Its been a very difficult road at times, but let me tell you it works and EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU CAN ALSO DO IT!!!

Have a great week and take care of you.  LOL  Marlene

197/136/135

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
August 3, 2005, 3:00 pm CDT

2 days late

Weigh in was 2 days late this week, have been gone to my daughters.  Weight was the same, just have a feeling that this last pound is going to be hard to get off, but I will do it!!!!

So hot in Kansas, been 105 or hotter for sometime now.  Grass is really suffering, am managing to keep my trees and plants alive, but just can not afford to keep my grass nice and green.

Know I have missed some birthdays, so happy belated birthday wishes to those that I missed and I think Fluffy has one on Saturday.  Happy birthday my friend!!

Things are going very well with my friend.  Enjoy spending time together.  One day at a time is all I can say at this point in time, who knows what the future holds.

I do read the message board so am keeping up with what is going on, just don't post very often.

Everyone have a great day and take care of you.  LOL  Marlene

197/136/135

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
August 9, 2005, 6:12 am CDT

Late Weigh In

Good Morning Everyone, have been gone for 5 days so lots of posts to catch up on.  Know I have missed some birthdays, so Happy Belated Birthday to those I have missed. 

Had a family reunion, my mother was able to go, only there for a couple of hours, but had a very good day with her.  She enjoyed it, but did not know a lot of them, but I got a lot of pictures and came home with a lot of wonderful memories.  

Hope everyone had a great week-end.  Is there anyone out there like me, I am about ready for fall, its so dry here, one constantly has to water if you want anything to stay alive, chance of rain again this week, but it has been missing us here in this area.  I am getting tired of mowing, but its good for me and I love the smell of fresh cut grass. 

I stayed the same again this week, but that is good because I was around so much food that I don't keep in my house and all the food that everyone brought to the reunion was awesome, but I did OK. 

Have a great week everyone and take care of you.  LOL  Marlene 

197/136/135 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 15, 2005, 8:16 am CDT

I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Sure happy this morning as I finally reached my goal, that last pound is gone.  It feels so good as I have worked really hard, now to maintain, and I really don't see a problem in doing that.  I know I have to keep reading the board and Dr. Phil's book, that is just an everyday thing along with the IE. 

Everyone just keep working as one day you will all reach your goal also.  It has taken me 22 months to do this, but I am finally where I want to be. 

Had some cool weather in Kansas, sure feels wonderful.  Have been outside working, planting a small area with the new Turfalo grass plugs, they say it is a really nice grass, more dense than Buffalo and grows faster, so will see.  If it does well, will take plugs off of it as it was rather expensive.  

Happy Birthday to those I missed once again, and everyone have a wonderful week.  Just remember to take care of you.  LOL  Marlene 

197/135/135 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
August 23, 2005, 5:59 am CDT

Good Morning Hastey

Quote From: dorrie2005

I had a great and busy weekend and have read some of the posts this morning.  You all make me feel so connected and while I started posting again last week did loose l lb to get back in the groove.  210/182/160 

Thanks all for being so supportive of each other and me.  This is a wonderful group of caring persons.  Both Dr. Phil boards and Flylady have been a great help to me.  Might get myself organized yet lol 

Have a great day all and remember weight does fluctuate 3 or 4 lbs and if it is there for a week or more....it is a true gain....otherwise most likely water and will be gone in a day or two. 

Take care and God Bless.....dorrie/hastey 

So good to see you posting again.  You are doing great and will continue to drop those pounds.  Have a wonderful week my friend.   

LOL  Marlene 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
August 27, 2005, 2:46 am CDT

MaryB

Quote From: heartsandr

My son in law just got home safe and sound from Iraq..has 2 weeks to spend with the family...MaryB

Your son-in-law and entire family is in my thoughts and prayers.  May God watch over them all. 

Marlene 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
August 29, 2005, 11:59 am CDT

August nearly over

I can not believe August is almost gone, the summer has gone by very fast.  Cold weather will soon be here and I am about ready, its been so dry here, just can not afford to water as I would like, but looking at other yards in this little town I can see I am not the only one.  

I want to wish Gladys a Very Happy Birthday, may you have many more.  

When I weighed this morning I found I had gained a pound, and I know why--Stress-Stress-Stress!!  

I just have not shared a couple of things that have been going on with me, but that was a mistake, I should have known better, sharing has always helped before as it will now.  

First I found out about 2 months ago that my 29 year old daughter had a pap smear come back bad, the biopsy came back that it was cancer.  She had surgery 2 weeks ago yesterday, the Dr. felt confident that he got it all, she will get the results of the biopsy he took after surgery tomorrow.  She has to have a pap smear every 3 months for some time.  I just turned it over to God and have so much to be thankful for.  She is feeling so much better and gone back to work.  I know she will be alright, just have to leave it in God's hands.  

My second problem is my friend from high school days.  I have really enjoyed him, enjoy our long talks, he has helped me get past a lot, but to put it in plain words, he is smothering me.  There are times I feel I can not breathe.  I would like to stay his friend,  I have been alone and so independent for so many years, just don't think we can ever be more than friends and I am not sure he will be willing to accept that.  I have pretty much made up my mind so guess whatever happens there happens.  I just can not accept someone telling me how, when and where--guess that says it all.  I will be alright, just do what I need to do and go on.  

My house will be very nice when all is done, just takes time when we have to do it a little at a time.  Thats what happens when everyone is so busy.  As long as it is done before the snow flies that is fine with me.  

Have been working in my yard, getting some flower beds cleaned out a little, getting ready to get my fish pond ready for winter.  

Everyone have a great week, and take care of you.  LOL  Marlene  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 31, 2005, 3:00 am CDT

Mary B

Quote From: heartsandr

I also have been on my own too long to go back to having someone tell me what I can and cannot do....I miss the companionship, but would not want to be smothered either.... 

My leg is healing nicely, hope to have at least a temporary job next week... 

We have family who had to get out of New Orleans, afraid they will have nothing to go back to....Can't help but wonder where the 9,000 or so who had to leave the superdome were able to go...They showed lots of people trying to survive under bridges and overpasses....Even the Red Cross can't set up feeding stations without dry land to put it on...TN has sent emergency workers, as I am sure most states have....We are also sending vets to work with the animals and morticians to help with the bodies and graveyards.... 

As one reporter said, this is our tsunami....it is hard enough to live from day to day, we never know what the next day will bring....God help us all...MaryB 

So glad to hear that your leg is healing Mary. 

My heart goes out to those who were in harms way when Katrina hit.  We can not imagine the devastation that there is and will be.   

As you said my friend, God help us all.  LOL  Marlene 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 31, 2005, 3:18 am CDT

Good Morning

First on the report from my daughter.  Prayers from so  many were answered there.  So much to be thankful for.  Report was good, Dr was very pleased.  She is feeling so much better.  She will be here for 2-3 days the end of the week along with my youngest son and family.  Sunday evening we are having a family get together for a BBQ, so am getting ready for that.  

I want to thank all of you for the support you have given me on my decision.  At this point in my life I just am too independent to have someone take over and just smother me.  I would be so very unhappy and miserable and I don't need that.  We have talked several times and if friends is all we can be he wants us to stay close friends.  He said it took too long to find me and does not want us to drift apart again.  I truly feel he understands how I feel.  Will see how it goes as I love the companionship.  

Have a great day everyone, take care of you.  LOL  Marlene  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board