Message Boards

Messages By: irettakat

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 1:07 am CDT

Everyone welcome here

Hi, my name is Greg. New arrival to the Boards. Looking for others with 200+ to lose.

Hi Greg. Hang in there, you will soon meet Will. Right now he is busy with the Tour de Force; a big Lance Armstrong fan. Welcome.... sorry for th e typos, I could not get the board to allow me to delete my mistakes...now you all see how lousy I really type! LOL! Loretta in Oregon =^..^=dkewofhjwwxZ@5365^!!!!!!oAaaerrggghhhhhhh!!!!dc

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
frustrated
July 23, 2005, 3:09 pm CDT

To MODERATOR

When typing a message to post, I cannot delete a mistake/typo. Please tell me if there is a new way to do this, or are the new boards not Mac compatible, or/???? Thank you........a...oops, I cannot remove this "a".....grrrrr. Please tell me the new secret.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
ecstatic
July 23, 2005, 3:16 pm CDT

Archived recipes

Someone mentioned wanting access to the old recipe list...click on Messageboard Archives, then Add A Weight Loss Challenge Discussion, then 1st Things 1st HRC/HY Recipes. They all seem to be there. Loretta =^..^=

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 3:44 pm CDT

Stacie

the same thing happens to me in the message title. I just used my arrow keys to go back and the delete button...basically my backspace key won't work there....WEIRD.

Also My pic came up when I first put in in this morning, and now it is gone so I put it up again..and still not there...I don't know if there is some new rule about not putting your kid's pic up or what....but he is the one guy I haven't showed off to you all. AND when I put my info in my profile, a lot of it didn't show up...particularly the "about" section I worked so hard on..lol.

I guess we just need to be patient until all the bugs are worked out here..at least I can get on and say hi to you guys!! I am sure everyone on all the message boards trying to catch up all at once isn't helping much, either. i really hope Cherie makes it here soon.

Stacie

My arrow keys seem to be fine; my Delete key won't work at all. I was going to delete all but the first paragraph of your message, since that was the only part I am replying to...but it will not allow me to????? Hmmmmm....mysterious..........Loretta, Deleteless in oregon

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
chillin'
July 24, 2005, 4:14 pm CDT

Jan's coal furnace

Jan wrote: I kind of think of my body as a coal burning furnace the good food is the coal that burns the fat the more good food I eat the hotter the fire that burns the fat but if I eat even a little bad food for me it is like poring cold water on my fire and it then takes time to get the fire back up to the temperature again. So until it does even thought eating right again it slows everything down again. The exercise just intensifies the heat. I know this might sound nuts but it helps me to visualize things so I see the fat just melting off as I eat healthy and exercise I see it literally flowing down off me into the sewer LOL Hi Jan, this visualizing of the coal furnace and fat dissolving effects..is EXACTLY what Dr Lawliss describes on his wt loss CD's (for new people, they were recommended by Dr Phil, info on drPhil.com). He talks about the research that confirms the effect on the physical body that the mind has...so great work! Right now I am using the one on Relaxation; I only get about 2 minutes into listening, and I am out like a light! For anyone having trouble falling asleep, forget the sleeping pills, use the CD; it works!

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
frustrated
July 24, 2005, 4:23 pm CDT

it chopped me off...here is more

Don't know why it chopped me off, I am not trying to hide my name--LOL. I also just noticed that my picture has changed again. Been having trouble; this is my little Butterfly, at about 4 months old. How do you guys post pictures with your messages??? I didn't see anywhere to click to include a pic with a post (other than the one we normally use at the left). The hairless kitty was pathetically adorable. I wanted to put a sweater on it!

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
confused
July 24, 2005, 4:28 pm CDT

3rd time!!

Gee, I am just trying to be courteous and sign my name!! I keep getting cut off...guess I have to learn more about this new system...Loretta in Oregon =^..^=

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 4:39 pm CDT

Hi Greg

I loved the idea of a video journey. Even if Dr Phil does not use it, I am sure, since this topic is so universal, that SOMEONE would want to use it...ever see that show "30 Days"? The guy who did "Supersize Me". Question: there are alot of us who only have digital cameras. Is there any place in your project for those? I love to go to websites and see the progression from start to goal in the photos. It is inspiring. Just a thought. With all the people here, you could have quite a collection of people "morphing" from larger to smaller. Anyway, good luck with this project...I look forward to seeing more of it. I plan to tell my hubby about it; he shys away from interacting with a bunch of gabby "gals", but I am sure he would check out your website.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
frustrated
July 24, 2005, 9:11 pm CDT

Cindy

On the tool bar above where you type your message, there are icons for bold or italics, to use bullets, spell check, color of ink, remove format and then the next one is insert/edit imagine.

Click on that one and it will bring up a photo editor very similar to the one we had before for pics.This is the boss of my household! As you can see he sits on top of the printer or hides in the computer keyboard drawer and surprises me!

Hope that helps. Cindy

Thanks for trying, but all I get is the bare-bones version. Nuthin but the "emote" to choose from...I am but a lowly Mac......;-) Can't even correct my lowly Mac mistakes....still must use lowly Mac html to use color...LOL!!! Still trying to be patient in Oregon, Loretta =^..^=

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
hopeful
July 24, 2005, 9:28 pm CDT

Zero Hour mjmark

I'm at my top weight -- I reached 466lbs this week. I was only 380lbs when Dr. Phil did his big challenge show I was on. WOW! Time has flown by and I've BLOWN UP. I'm at a loss and feel pretty desolate. I never thought I'd ever go UP again. This is the 5th or 6th time I've gained over 100lbs is my life. Whew!
Number 1. You came to the right place! Number 2. You are being honest, getting real. Number 3. You know what does NOT work, and can now Number 4. CHOOSE to do better. Number 5. You have not given up...if you had, you would not have posted here! Number 6. Lots of us here have had our share of ups and downs...we won't look down our nose at you...we will encourage you and cheer you on. Number 7. You aren't the only guy here; there is Will and Greg, that I know of for sure, maybe some others that don't post often. Greg told us of a GREAT website to check out at www.thefatmanwalking.com...I went there andm am SO motivated! Please keep coming back here, too, mjmark....to quote the man himself: "there is strength and power in support". Welcome, and let us encourage you on your journey to a healthier life! Hugs, Loretta in Oregon =^..^=

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board