Message Boards

Messages By: laineybea

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 5:56 pm CDT

Yeah-We're Back

So glad to have our board back-hope everyone shows up over the weekend.  Laineybea

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 8:28 am CDT

Question of Replies

Perhaps it would be good to simply post a message-and in the first sentence give a response to:    I really don't want to backtrack and have to click on view replies and then find out there aren't any, and back click again to get to where I was reading. How do you all feel about that? Laineybea

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 2:26 pm CDT

Getting There

At the bottom of each page is the number that you are on. Try going to newest, then highlighting  the page you were on last. Voila-it brings you close to where you were last reading.

I have been alone for about three days now, and the novelty of doing my own thing is beginning to wear off. Eating when bored or alone were two of my triggers, and I am trying everything to keep away from hoof to mouth syndrome.

This morning I felt terribly bloated, and in fact the scales reflected that. The weather is not great for exercise today-could only complete 10 minutes jogging. Did walk the dog, and cleaned up some hedge branches in the back yard, but still feel "puffy".

I am not in on the Monday reporting, but will put my stats in so that others will know how I am doing.     Laineybea    189/177/155

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 5:05 am CDT

Happy Wednesday

Good Morning everyone-just popping in to wish you all a wonderful day!  Yesterday I did manage the 15 minute jog, so the weather here is better.

I am saddened by the loss of the four Boy Scout leaders at the Jamboree. They were great leaders and mentors to many boys. Please join me in offering a prayer of comfort for their families.  

Laineybea

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 29, 2005, 5:54 am CDT

Good Morning

Another wonderful day here in Florida-hot and humid.  The weather has finally cooled down for the northeast-thankfully . The Boy Scout Jamboree is having a hard time with the scouts suffering from heat exhaustion. While talking with DH many ambulances came in, and medical helicopters were flying out to hospitals. At one point they were using buses to bring the scouts in.

I am doing well with the food-find it easy to be compliant when I am just cooking for one! My IE has been good-regularly jogging 15 minutes (in the house) and taking a walk outside early in the morning.  Have great hopes that I can crack this weight barrier this week.

We are now experiencing late afternoon/evening thunderstorms, so I haven't been to the Chat room. I'm hoping that one of these nights it is all over by 8- so I can join you there.

Happy Friday to all-enjoy your weekend.     Laineybea

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 30, 2005, 6:59 am CDT

Cheating versus Bad Choice

I have a hard time not thinking of this WLC as a lifestyle change if we are still talking about cheating. What are we cheating? Maybe we would all do better to think of it as a poor choice. When I heard J.J. Virgin say that if you wanted ice cream, have three bites and get over it, I knew that for me the choice is to not have any ice cream. When I do, I feel it is a choice I am making(Chinese Buffet).  If I start thinking of this as a diet, instead of a lifestlyle change, I know it won't work permanently..  Just some food for thought-not trying to ruffle any feathers.   Laineybea

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 31, 2005, 10:46 am CDT

Sunday

HI-Been to church and did a little grocery shopping. Laying in a supply of water in case of the dreaded storms. 

Today's menu-  Breakfast-1/2 grapefruit, 1 cup Special K Red berries with added blueberries.

Dinner-Peddlar Chicken breast-boneless skinless, microwaved with mushrooms,

onions, green peppers and sprinkled with grated cheese, summer squash,  a

green salad, watermelon and fat free milk.

Supper tonight will be an open faced egg salad sandwich on marble rye and a

peach. 

I am not sure about snacks yet-was away this morning so I didn't have one.

Have walked the dog, looking forward to curling up with the Sunday paper. Heard from DH last night-the heat has broken and things are much more pleasant. Pres. Bush supposed to be there today.      That's about it for now-Laineybea

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 1, 2005, 5:21 am CDT

MS. Moderator

Is there any way to insert a "go to page----- so that I can just start on the page where I left off? When I ask for newest messages, I have no way of going back or forward Thanks, Laineybea

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 1, 2005, 3:28 pm CDT

Monday Nite

My weight did not change this week. I am having trouble with my scale, and have ordered a new Tanita scale for my birthday. Heck of a birthday present! Oh, well, thankfully there isn't anything I really need-except some wiggle room in the smaller clothes I bought. I haven't any larger ones left, so you know I am in it for the long haul.

I am sooo happy to see the old timers(lol) posting again-you know who you are. It is really helpful to me in my ongoing struggle to know that others are still fighting the battle. So often I wonder if maybe I am just supposed to be this weight? My breathing is much better-and my lifestyle has changed to include IE-other than walking the dog (actually strolling), I hadn't done much to exert myself. the jogging is a real exertion-and with the weather today even in the house I manged about 12 1/2 minutes before the breathing became harsh. Tomorow is another day-will try for the 15 minutes then.

It's going to seem strange to be alone on our 46th anniversary-but we will celebrate this weekend after DH gets home.

DIANE-will try to call you at 8:00 tonight-please answer. I hope the number you gave me works!

Take care everyone-Laineybea

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 2, 2005, 5:25 am CDT

Tuesday Morning

JOYCE-Thanks for the cute card. You are so clever with the computer!

ROSEMARY-fellow Leo-Happy Birthday. I think we should celebrate all month, just like those born in February! Have a wonderful day, do something special for yourself.

Here is the latest info about DIANE

-We had an almost two hour conversation last night! She is missing the message board terribly, and is going to find someone to fix her computer. She was having such problems yesterday that  she couldn't even read the messages.  I told her how much we all missed her and hoped she would be back soon.

Have a great day-hoping that today I get a response from the Moderator -Laineybea 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board