Messages By: catlyninvt

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
confused
July 23, 2005, 7:31 pm CDT

Okay, here goes . . .

Good Evening to you all,

Not sure I'm liking this really well, however, will give it a try.  Have been without a PC since last Monday . .total CRASH!  Have reformatted and reinstalled and am up and running and now "this"!!  Glad the Boards are back, however, this is feeling and looking very strange to me . .hopefully time will take care of that.

Hope you are all doing well.

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
upset
July 23, 2005, 7:37 pm CDT

HELP!!!!

I am not understanding this Board at all and may not be back!!!  Can't seem to find today's posts???

Sharon or Suzi, please email me and let me know what I'm doing wrong??

Cathy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
July 24, 2005, 6:05 am CDT

Another Try

Good Morning to you All,

Sharon, thanks for the email.  Connie, I tried to reply to your post regarding the "smileys", thanks as you know all too well how I love those little guys *LOL*.  At any rate, don't know what I did, however, I was not able to reply and your post just disappeared, I got kicked off the page I was on and could not find my way back!

I know, I know, need to be patient here, grrrrrr.

After having my PC down all week and not being sure if it was "toast" or not, it was more than frustrating to come back and find the Board so changed.  Can't say as I like it and am hoping it will get better, but at least we're able to get together again, YEAH!!!!

My daughter has been home since Friday night and must leave today because of her job.  Short and sweet, that seems to be the way her visits are going this summer.  Oh well, it's just nice to have any time to spend together at all this summer.  We had a great time last evening with my son & fiancee being here as well.  That's what I really miss, the family time.

Oh, and the really GREAT news since I last "saw" you all is that I'm going to be a "Grammy"!!!!, in February.  The kids are tickled pink (son) and this promises to be the most spoiled baby with three sets of Grandparents and this will be the first grandchild for us all!

Okay, am going to try sending this (keeping toes & fingers crossed)

Cathy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 6:20 am CDT

Getting it now . . ( I think )

Hey, it worked!  Even the "smiley" . .again, Connie, thanks as I'd not have known the new way of inserting them were it not for your message.

For those of you that email me your stats on Mondays, with the PC problem that I had, all emails from last Sunday through yesterday are gone so I don't have them, however, tomorrow is the beginning of a new week and I'll be looking for your emails.

So, this Board actually works the opposite of the old one??? The newest message comes up first and then you scroll backwards to read what you've missed???????  Hmmmmm, maybe there's hope!

Until later, (((HUGS)))

Cathy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 6:26 am CDT

Ann

Hi I posted this morning for some support and friendly faces but can't even find my posting-I'm sure I'm doing something/or not doing something I should-help please-Thanks Ann

Hi Ann and Welcome!

Don't get discouraged . .this is very new to us all and I'm still rather confused and just "playing" around to try and learn how the darn thing works!  The last time I tried to reply to someone the minute I hit post, everything disappeared and I ended up on a totally different page, so, we'll see how this goes.

What I did do was click on "Subscribe to Topic" at the top of the page and this seems to be helpful in bringing you back to the most recent post.  Then you scroll down to see prior posts.  If you ever went to the old Boards, this kind of works the opposite. 

Please keep trying as there ARE alot of friendly faces and much support here.

As for helping you find your way back to your original post to check for replies, sorry, I'm still learning too!  When Sharon checks in today, I'm sure she can provide answers to that question though.

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 10:02 am CDT

Still working on it:-) . . .

Hey Gang,

I'm still playing around here. 

Brandy, don't give up.  I felt exactly the way you did last night, but today I'm figuring things out here a little better with ALOT of help from friends! *LOL*

Connie, that's exactly what happened to me when I tried to reply to your message earlier today about the smileys.  I hit post and everything just disappeared and and I ended up back at the beginning of the posts on 7/22. Hmmmmmm.

Joe, thanks for all your input!

Just took our daughter out to lunch and she's now headed back to Maine.  I don't think I'll ever get use to seeing her leave.  It's an absolutely gorgeous day here so I'm headed out into the sunshine.  We've had such a nice summer, lots of sunshine and heat too.  I'm trying to make the most of every minute as our winters are just too long and cold.

Here's wishing everyone good food choices, good luck navigating the Board

and a peace-filled afternoon.  Hope to catch up with you all later!   (((HUGS)))   Cathy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 1:11 pm CDT

Time difference??

Hi all,

Back again.  Welcome to all newcomers!  It's nice to have some new male members to our Board.

One thing I am not understanding, Philboard please help me out here . ., why are the posts right now showing as 10:04 a.m. when it is actually 4:09 p.m. where I'm at.  Now I realize there are time zone differences, however, even from where I'm living in Vermont to California, I believe it is only a 3 hour difference.  Can someone please explain?

Thanks for any input!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
confused
July 24, 2005, 1:16 pm CDT

Just when I thought I'd figured it out . . .

Okay, really confused now.  I posted after what I thought was the newest post and it  (the last post prior to mine) said 10:04 a.m.  When I just posted, however, suddenly, it shows 1:-- p.m. something which makes more sense to me.

OMGoodness,

feeling a bit confused and a little "bananas" right now!!!!! *LOL*   (((HUGS)))   Cathy (hmmmmm, let's see what happens this time . .what an adventure!)

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 1:31 pm CDT

Joy, Lois, Linda

Nice to see you ALL!

Joy, I feel the same way about "Constantine", not my kind of movie . .watched about 15 minutes and that was enough!!

Lois, good to see you . .hope you don't (if you haven't already) caught the "crud"!

Hey, I see we have another Cathy and we even spell it the same . .Welcome!

Linda, thanks for your reply!  I'm slowing figuring this out . .really SLOWLY. .*LOL*!  Yes, I will post my email in my profile . .if I can find my way therehee,hee,hee . .just kidding, been there, done that, got that part figured out!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 1:37 pm CDT

Maya

well It's the end of my day.

I read the posts about the sweets..my problem is with carbs....I can eat them like candy. (I don't like sweets) but I got over that slowly...i love reading you're posts.

I just came back from spining class. tomorow I hope to signup to a kickboxing studio, I have so much time on my hands I can't think of anything else.

I have a friend she is 18 and weighs about 310pounds and growing! A few years back we used to go to the gym together and she lost beutifully. All her family is losing so much weight but she is only gaining. I'm scared for her. The army won't recruit her (in israel it's a big deal because EVERYONE is going) Her self esteem is low, and Im scared that if she keeps growing it's gonna be a big health hazard. She won't do anything about it because she dosn't know where to start (that is alot of weight to lose but she has to get real! :) ). When I moved to Israel she was my first friend and made me feel at home here. I can't just watch her do that to herslef and do nothing. Any advice?

Have a great day Ya'll :)

love,

Maya

Hi Maya,  I am the same with carbs as you.  Sweets have no power over me, however, carbs do.  I do the same with carbs that many do with sweets.  Unless they are healthy carbs according to Dr. Phil's UWLS, they don't exist in my house and even then, they are in limited supply.

As for your friend, my heart goes out to her and to you in wanting to help her.  Have you shared your insight with her regarding the WLC and Dr. P's book???  Can she access this website to find help and a circle of support?

Just thoughts . . . .my best to you and your dear friend!

(((HUGS)))

Cathy

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board