Message Boards

Messages By: dlrsdrnll

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 5:10 pm CDT

JOY

Hey Joy,  Where is everyone?  I got back from vacation and there was no board.  LOL  But I kept checking.  You have a great idea getting back into the book.  I have reached my goal, but I am struggling to keep it there.  I will try to start reading the first chapter tomorrow.  I hope all the ladies come back soon.   I will talk to you later.  Dolores 

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 7:59 pm CDT

To Ready Able

I am looking for others in the same boat who want to be fit and lean but have age concerns. Are there any young at heart and mind who would like to join me on a journey to tighten up and lose the fat despite the obstacle of age? Join an 80 year old with a 40 year old mind.

Hi,  Go to the message board titled "over 70 WLC"  I am sure they would welcome you. 

Good Luck,  You can do it with the attitude you have.

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
happy
July 25, 2005, 4:14 pm CDT

Ready Able

Quote From: ready_able

Hi There,

Room for one more? I am completely lost on this board and may never find my way back here again but I would like to.

I am 80, young at heart and mind and still trying to get the bod to match the spirit. I am looking forward to find out how you all manage this weight loss thing. Have the book - pass on the boot camp but need to work out. What are you gals doing?

Hey,  Welcome to the board.  I think you have come to the right place.  All the ladies here are nice ones. :)  Start reading Dr. Phils book.  That is very important.  And exercise is also very important.

I am so glad the boards are back.  It really helps to be accountable.  I have to start reading the book again--I promised>  LOL  I will have to admit I haven't been doing to well on the food lately,  I think I need to clean out the junk.  My daughter and granddaughter started on a diet this week, so that will be helpful for me to.  AGAIN WELCOME.  Dolores

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
ecstatic
July 25, 2005, 4:19 pm CDT

Ginnyjane

Quote From: ginnyjane

Again--welcome home! We have been e-mailing each other while the site was down. Hope your holiday was really great. I think I like the new format but I'm not sure. Jane and Lois must not have found it yet. JOY, I will try to start the book today.(It's 5AM--I don't sleep well). I kept telling my cousin to read--read--read so I guess I'd better practice what I preach!! Going to try to sleep again. God Bless Ginnyjane

Thanks Ginnyjane,   Vacations are always nice, but it is always good to get back home (where it isn't so HOT)  LOL  I need to get back in the book to.  I promised Joy on a post earlier that I would start, but haven't gotten started yet.  I am glad everyone was able to keep in touch while the boards were down.  I hope Jane and Lois makes it back soon to.  Wish we could get a few more.

Later,  Dolores

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 4:27 pm CDT

Joy

Quote From: ulnamn

Welcome home, Dolores!I hope we get used to the new board.I made a few circles before deciding I would just post but we will get used to it and I know the staff will help us.Dolores, you are the first and only one who has reached goal so we will need your encouragement that if we reach goal we can stay there...you are the leader!I haven't done any reading in "the book" yet today but hope to get there after dinner.I haven't eaten in bed LOL.I was going to try the gym today but I have shingles and thought I'd wait until I'm through with the medicine for that which will be Thursday.I went to the doc last Wednesday and have three spots which are clearing up.I was a little nervous as I've heard so many horror stories about shingles....so far so good.Ginnyjane, I'm glad to see you found the new board.

Welcome to the gal over 80 who posted!Keep in touch as we love supporters and hope we can give support!!

I'm not sure but think we might have to check out our profiles and I don't have time right now. Joy

Hey Joy,  I haven't started the book either.  I don't know what goes with my time.  (old age I think) LOL  But I am hoping to get it started sometime before bedtime.    I was like you, I made a few circles to before deciding to post.   Eating in bed isn't one of my things, but I just like to graze all day.  I am trying, but I don't know what is wrong with me.  I am trying to eat healthy, but even to much of healthy is not good.

Sorry to hear you have shingles.  I have heard that could be miserable.  Hope it gets well soon.

Well guess I better get off this thing and start thinking about what I am cooking for supper.  Talk to you later.  Dolores

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 6:30 pm CDT

Hey Everyone

Quote From: ginnyjane

I'm hoping to get back to the book--I know Joy, I promised to start but I haven't yet:-( --so I'm even with Dolores. I e-mailed Jane and she said that she was having trouble re-registering. Said she had not received an e-mail from Dr. Phil; I sent her a copy of mine to see if it would help her. No answer so far. Haven't seen/heard hide nor hair of Lois. My cousin whom I got started on Dr. Phil has just given up. She's trying someone's Six Weeks Body molding.(she weighs over 200lbs LOL.) I have got rid of junk snacks and no cookies or ice cream--(but I still have peanut butter) I'll try! I'll try!! God Bless Ginnyjane

How is everyone doing today?  I finally started the book yesterday afternoon.  I haven't finished the first chapter yet.  I hope Jane and Lois make it back.  We need more people on here to help us out. :)  I understand junk and snacks.  yep, I still have the peanut butter to.  :)  One of my favorites, and I love almond butter to.  It is on the Dr. phil food list tho. (the reduced fat kind)

ABLE READY--Hope your surgery goes well.  I had surgery in April and haven't exercised since then, but my intentions is to start on August First.  I do really miss it and feel much better and more limber when I do.  Well guess I better get off here and read "THE BOOK" FOR A WHILE.  Dolores

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 29, 2005, 4:15 pm CDT

AJ

Quote From: ready_able

Hi Delores,

Glad to have met you all and hope we can shed some pounds together.  My surgery will not set me back and I will begin Monday.  I want to keep up with you gals so can you give me an outline of how you all work together to do and report what works?

aj

Hey AJ,  Well this is Friday so you probably won't be reading this for a while.  I hope your surgery went well.  It sounds like you are excited about doing this and that is good.  I have met my goal on the weight, but it is very challenging to keep it off.  Don't let anybody tell you, you are to old to worry about your weight.  I am 73 and I have lost a hundred pounds.  It has taken me two years to do that, but worth every bit of it.  I was on two blood pressure meds and they have taken me off both of them and put me on a real light one.  My doctor is thrilled with my progress.  I think the most important thing for me has been the exercise.  If I don't exercise I don't loose wt.  I had surgery on the 12 of April and haven't exercised since then, but MONDAY it is back to exercise for me.  Dr. Phils plan works.  In the begginning I was not on Dr. Phil.  I was going to a doctors office, they guided me and it has worked for me.  Then I  saw Dr. Phil's weight loss challenge on TV.  I came to the boards and the support here is great.  I do have about four that I read.  I was the one that invited you to this one.  If you don't have his book and food guide, I would suggest that you get it, and just do what it says.

I have started reading the book again.  I am almost done with the first chapter.  You learn something new each time you read it.  I am looking fwd to getting to know you.  Sorry I haven't been on the last couple of days, but have been so busy.  Talk you you later,  Dolores

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 29, 2005, 4:26 pm CDT

JOY

I posted yesterday but somehow my message did not reach the board.  Glad to see you back, Jane.  I sent directions to Lois but haven't heard from her as yet.  My shingles are all gone, GJ...thanks for your concern.  I went to the gym yesterday and really enjoyed it.  I did strength training for chest, back, biceps(front of the arm, triceps(back of the arm), abs, quads(front of leg, hamstrings(back of leg), plus the treadmill(cardio).  I did 10 reps of each, rested 30 seconds, and did 10 more reps.  They recommend 2/3 days of strength training and 3/5 days of cardio.  They say not to work the same muscle two days in a row so today I just did cardio....treadmill and bike.  Tomorrow I'll do strength training.  They have senior aerobics on Monday's and Wednesday's.  I think I have found the gym I want to join.  Just have to see if they have a partner gym in Texas or if I can join for 8 months of the year.  I met the owner today and he seems very nice.  I had met his wife previously.  I posted my profile but not as much room as before so it got cut off....will have to check it out again.  I like your scene, GJ.  Another thing I'll have to try to do.  Nice to have our support group together again.  Joy

Girl, it sounds like you are into the exerise.  That is great.  Strengh training is good.  My doctor told me that would be good for bones.  Sounds like you have a great plan.  I am looking fwd to get back to exercise on Monday.  The gym you are going to sounds like a good one.

I did start the book.  I have almost finished the first chapter.  I find something new every time I read it.  It won't be long before I have to start answering questions.  LOL  I don't really like to do that part,  guess that tells me I really need to. HUH?

Hope you have having a good day,  Dolores

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 29, 2005, 4:32 pm CDT

Jane

Quote From: mufpen

Hi to All;    Joy--sounds like a very nice gym---the only one we have close by is Curves---haven't tried it.   Just have to get myself back into walking the woods and riding my bike daily.    I froze some sweet corn this morning and our youngest son is bringing me some pickles tonight--so I will can them tomorrow---Lois--my tomatoes are finally starting to ripen.  Also the early potatoes are ready to be dug---maybe this weekend I will get to that.    We got a little more rain last night--not much but enough so I don't have to water today.  Haven't started to read Dr.Phil's book yet--just didn't have time today---have it out ---will try tonight.   Food choices have been good today--except we are having corn on cob for supper---not a good choice for me but will try to have just one.

Hope everyone has a good evening and weekend.   Ginneyjane---I really like your picture--is it one of yours--- 

Jane

Good to see you back on the board.  UMMM  Corn on the cob sounds sooo good.  That is one of my favorites, but the corn we get here isn't that great.

Like I told the other gals, I have started the book again.  It is a real challenge to keep the wt off after loosing it.  It is a never ending battle.  I make good choices, BUT  it is to often I am afraid.  Going back to exercise on Monday will help that tho.  (I hope)

Later,  Dolores

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 30, 2005, 12:22 pm CDT

Good Morning

After breakfast I went to a garage sale at our church cleaning out things that were no longer used.  I found an old communion service set that I will take to Texas as we don't have one for our service.  Always put the individual glasses on a tray and one or two always tip over.  Then I went to the gym on the way home.  I met the other owner who had given me the slip for two free weeks.  She looked over my program and thought I would like to use a ball for abs.  I was a little hesitant as I could picture myself falling off a rolling ball but she showed my how to use it and before I left I did go back and use it and it was fun.  She also sent a ball home with me plus a DVD showing the many ways to use these balls.  She thought I would gain more confidence in the privacy of my home.  Really nice gal!!  I thought I'd have to go to my son's house to use their DVD and all of a sudden a light bulb came on...I can use my laptop.  I'm more impressed with each visit.  So good to hear you are all doing something for exercise...really does make one feel better.  Jane, that sweet corn sounds wonderful!!  There are a few places selling around here but I'm waitng for ours as there is nothing better than to put a kettle of water on and go pick fresh sweet corn to throw in the pot.  My tomaotes are looking good but I didn't get them in very early.  Have a great day. Joy 

Joy it is great going to the gym isn't it.  I am looking fwd to going back on Monday.  I have wanted to try the ball, but I am a little nervous doing it at the gym.  LOL  I might embarrass my self.  I think my son has one.  I might see if he will let me borrow it and try it out.  Of course if he doesn't have the book or some kind of instructions I would be lost.

Has any one heard from Lois?  I miss her on the board.  Hope everyone else is having a good day.

I am slowly reading the book.  I think it does help.  I am getting to a place I think I have to do the evaluations tho and I am not to good at that.

Well guess I better get off here and fix lunch.  My daughter and granddaughter is on a diet now, so I am trying to have something they will eat.  I keep telling them it is a life style change.  I don't know if they are paying attention or not.  LOL

Well I will talk to you all soon.  Dolores  PS Where is everyone this morning?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board