Message Boards

Messages By: ksgrandma

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
hopeful
July 22, 2005, 5:59 pm CDT

Back in more ways then one!

So glad the board is back.  Hope to learn how to list the messages in the order I had been using so that ALL of the ones posted since I was last on show up.

I'm afraid I have deleted many fine emails the last ten days.  I found having my mail box bulging was overwhelming.  BUT, I now intend to be faithful and get back on the wagon.  Ks Grandma

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
naughty
July 22, 2005, 6:24 pm CDT

Where I'm at

If I wait until I weigh tomorrow I may be so ashamed that I wouldn't want to confess.  So, I am confessing tonight.  I have been non compliant for three months!  When I went to the doctor last Monday I was thoroughly disgusted.  I have been out of town since Tuesday and ate my way through the four days. 

SO, tomorrow I will weigh, I will post, and I will earnestly begin again. 

WHY am I hopeful this time will work?  Well, I have now been to a neruolgist and a rheumatologist and after many tests and x-rays I have a clear view of my osteoarthritis. Every place where I had significant pain they found specific damage, or congenital abnormality.  As soon as I get my weight back where it belongs -- between 145 and 150 -- I will begin to search for the match between insurance and orthopedic doctor.  I have been advised, and have decided, that it is time to have a knee replacement.  Some of you know how much I have enjoyed walking in the past.  Well, no matter what combination of pills I take it is a most unpleasant activity now. 

It is going to be hard for me to lose weight when I can't walk.  But I am going to be very dedicated to this.  Some of my back problems may not be fixable.  But the knee should be and I want the best life I can have. 

As much as my pride wants me to do it on my own, I confess I will need your help. I'm back -- for the duration.  Ks. Grandma

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
hopeful
July 23, 2005, 7:03 am CDT

Being Responsible

I weighed this morning and the scale said 162.5.  That was a very, VERY good weight in that my body really purged itself after getting home last night.  The down side is that even if I do well this week in every way my weight may not go down.  Oh well.  I am the boss of this body and I am on my way.

Very hot here and my power was out for about an hour.  So, since it was early morning, I went out and got gas, got my washed and picked up some groceries.  Have to pick up my son and gs from the airport this afternoon.  They have been in the Southwest the last week: Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Death Valley.  What horrible luck to have picked this week. 

Well, now that I have power it is back to the laundry.  Ks. Grandma/Eilene

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
hopeful
July 23, 2005, 7:09 am CDT

Ms MODERATOR

I have a few questions:

About spell check:  When I click on that icon I get a blank box.  A totally blank box.  How does that help? Can't type in the box, doesn't show anything I've written -- it just sits there and stares back at me. 

And, the preview just shows what I've written with no chance to actually change anything in the box.  I can highlight -- but not delete what I've highlighted, and when I hit edit again I go back to the original and nothing is highlighted.

Why in the message box is my printing so small.  It shows up larger on the posting but is so tiny when I am typing that I can hardly see it. 

When I arrive at the Dr. Phil Site why do I have to put in my password each time?

I'm sure there will be additional precise questions as I go along but these are the first ones that jump out at me.  Thanks for any help.  Ks. Grandma

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
July 23, 2005, 9:31 am CDT

Thanks MS Moderator

Thanks for your response.  I have cable and still haven't gotten the spell check to "come alive" although I left it up for about five minutes.  I'll try later and just let it sit "on" for 30 minutes and see what happens.  

Very glad they might make the size of the letters larger in the creation of our masterpieces. Tiny print is a real bummer.

Still playing around with the new system and hopefully we will all have the wrinkles worked out before long.  Ks Grandma

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
upset
July 23, 2005, 4:39 pm CDT

that spell check

I tried the spell check (from the compose phase - not the preview or edit phase) and it works. First time, no problem.

I think it has to do with our individual computer (PC, MAC , our server (I'm AOL) and whether we're cable/high speed/or dial-up (maybe). Still struggling with other matters, like adding pictures, but spell check works fine.

Takes only a second.

Connie

CONNIE -- what exactly does the spell check do?  I tried writing a message --"I se the dawg" and checked on the spell check.  The same blank page I mentioned to Ms Moderator came up.  I sat there for five minutes and NOTHING appeared in the blank box.  I have cable and things should happen quickly. 

What should I expect to happen in that box?  Eilene

AND, does anyone else find it irritating that we can't respond without the ENTIRE prior message being reprinted?

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 5:39 am CDT

Good morning

MARLENE: Congratulations on being so close.  You deserve every reward that comes along with it.   RACHEL -- glad you won't be lurking anymore.  We each contribute different things and it all comes together to be very supportive.   DEN MOM CAROL -- Keep those food police on call though.  I did a lot of sneak sweeps up the ice cream isle this last three months.  I'd start at the outer edges like Dr. P suggests, but if nobody was looking -- one quick swish and there it was -- ice cream in the basket.  And, later, on the thighs.  :-(   I wish there was a numbering system for our messages.  I'd like to know how far behind I am, so I can know in advance if I have the time to get through them all.   Oh well, off to the pool this morning.  I need to really push myself while there because walking is becoming so painful.  Not meaning to complain -- just an honest evaluation.    Ks. Grandma 230+/164/145-50

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
hopeful
July 25, 2005, 8:41 am CDT

HEY FLUFF

HEY FLUFF -- We are all starting over with this new board.  And YOU are starting over in a new place with incredible stress behind you.  I have full confidence in you.  Let's go Girl -- both of us need to look in the mirror and smile with confidence!  Ks Grandma

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 7:59 am CDT

Good morning

It appears that there will be cooler weather today.  So happy for that.  Was supposed to go to the KC Zoo today with grandkids but gd is feeling ill.  Frankly, it pleases me as I can use this cooler weather to do some running around for groceries etc.

I made a lot of phone calls yesterday and got my insurance questions answered about possible knee surgery.  Then I made a call to the doctor I have heard is good and have a September 7th appointment.  If he is agreeable I hope to get this knee replaced this fall.  I am tired of pain, tired of not walking, and tired of feeling drugged. 

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS WILL DO TO MY WEIGHT LOSS, BUT I KNOW IN THE LONG RUN IT WILL BE A POSITIVE.  I've heard that I may not even be able to swim for six weeks because of fear of infection.  That may be rumor -- hope so.

MARYB -- I think making christening gowns would be a great gift to others and maybe to yourself.  Gosh, with a talent like that you could end up with an entire business on the Internet!

CONNIE -- I am going to try to hold on to your comment that "nothing tastes so good to me that I have to have it!"

ELLEN -- my father lived with me for 21 years.  I once told my boss that I felt like a rebellious teenager who just happened to be 55.  It was very difficult and toward the end my weight really skyrocketed.  That is when I went over 230 and then refused to weigh any more.  My sympathy to you over your family stress.

CONNIE -- I am going to try that x. 

DEN MOM -- your honesty keeps us pointed in the right direction.  I so appreciate it. 
Well, I've had my high protein breakfast, made my bed, cleaned my kitchen and now need to scoot on down to Walmart and maybe even Penneys.  Have a good day all.  Ks. Grandma/Eilene

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 8:09 am CDT

Well, THAT was interesting

Well, that was weird.  I had typed the last part as an AOL email, then copied and pasted and the font came out different from what their message box allowed.

At least with AOL I do have spell check -- it has NEVER functioned on the board, even though I left it "on" for 15 minutes!  And yes I had typed nonsense in the message so it should have been offering corrections.

Hmm, let me try something else by using AOL email format, then cutting and pasting..

I am going to try this in color.
AND MAKE THIS IS ANOTHER COLOR.
And another size.

How about another font?
Well that gives us some variety, doesn't it?  Ks. Grandma/Eilene

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board