Message Boards

Messages By: angelnstix

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
sad
July 24, 2005, 9:58 am CDT

Missing my son....

I lost my 3 year old son to neuroblastoma, which is cancer.  He passed away in 1994.  The one major thing that has got me through missing my son so bad and got us through all the chemo, radiation, surgeries and bone marrow transplant is God.  The next thing is family.  We are supposed to outlive our children.  But it doesn't go that way for many families.  I miss my son terribly.  I have dealt with depression and the only thing that gets me through it is SUNSHINE!  Yes, Sunshine!  I have taken antidepressants, all they did was repress my feelings, I could not even cry when on them which is not good at all.  Sunshine is truly the best medicine in my opinion.  It's Gods medicine, it shines down on you and absorbs through your skin and replenishes your spirit.  There is medical proof I have read that it raises your serotonin.  My heart will always ache for my son, but life is all about finding ways to get through each day when you lose a child.  Sometimes its about getting through each hour...but with the grace of God anyone can do it! 
I am living proof that God works.  If you are struggling from any situation that life can through at you, give Him a chance.  It could be the difference between life and death...your own.  I stumble sometimes, I get so sad and miss my son so bad that I think I cannot go on, then I pick myself back up and later realize, I had help, I was too weak to do it alone...God had his arms around me the whole time.
I wish whomever is reading this the blessing of our Lord and Saviour.  May you reach out to Him and allow Him to wrap his arms around you and heal you. 
God bless,
Christy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 10:12 am CDT

Getting rid of the sweets

I have been off sugar and caffeine for over a month now.  I have had 2 desserts since I quit, but they were SMALL!  I used to drink 1 Pepsi a day and eat chocolate like CRAZY!  I woke up one day looked at myself in the mirror, had been dealing with severe breast pain, bloating, awful pms and many other symptoms that were making life miserable.  I need to lose about 40 pounds which many think is no big deal...but it is to me.  I never thought I could stop sugar.  I would put 3 teaspoons in my coffee each morning.  I was out of control with sugar.  I quit cold turkey.  I have not missed my daily pop at all!  It sounds really bad to quit, but I think everyone should commit and just do it!  Pop is very unhealthy, it is full of sugar!  Caffeine was what was making my breasts hurt so bad, filling them with cysts.  I just had my menstrual cycle and it was painless!!!  My breasts used to hurt for 2 weeks before my period...not this time! 
If it seems overwhelming then tell yourself one thing at a time, I suggest you start with sodas if you have a weakness with them, or start with the one thing that is what you crave the most, then phase out the rest.  For me doing it ALL cold turkey was the best.  Mark your calendar when you start your no sugar lifestyle and pat yourself on the back for every day you can make it through, trust me, your body will thank you!!
I am not big on exercising and just quitting the sugar for one month I have already lost one size!!  I wish you all the best!  We have to take care of our bodies!!
God bless, Christy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 10:20 am CDT

A Circle of Friends with Loving Support

I noticed many rid their homes of sweets completely.  That would have NEVER worked for me.  I live in the country, its a long ways to the grocery store and I felt that I may panic if I did not have my sweets.  I am the type of person that I have to have control, and if you take what I want away from me than I will fail.  I like the word willpower, willpower means a lot to me and is what gets me through ridding myself of habits.  I have pop in the fridge, chocolate in the freezer..but I have willpower.  I felt if I through all the sweets away I would have panicked.  I believe that with all my heart.  Whats right for me is not right for everyone, but I hope for the ones that have thrown the sweets out and failed, I hope they try it the way I did and let the willpower take them to success instead of the act of throwing it all out.  I thought about doing it that way and I felt panic take over knowing its a long ways to town and "oh what if I need chocolate"!!!!!!!!!!!  So my way worked for me.  Good luck to all!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 1, 2008, 8:03 am CST

Would be interesting to see...

I think it would be very interesting if Dr. Phil and his staff would set Jerry up for a full mental evaluation. I for one DON'T think he is mentally ill.  I think he is a deadbeat Dad that had/has such a vindictive heart against his ex-wife that he made the choices he made.  If he does have a mental problem more than likely caused from all the drugs and alcohol he has subjected his body to!  I am not going to waste my time feeling sorry for Jerry!  He is not a Dad/Father he is a sperm donor! 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board